Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Game Over!)  (Read 90480 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Day 2)
« Reply #360 on: March 03, 2014, 11:24:34 pm »

..Afraid how? >.>
I really can't sense emotion in his brevity. At all. Other than relate what scant posts he has with previous knowledge and reflect on that.
Also, if he had an Mafia partner, then he would be able to play a lot better. That's why I believe DP isn't mafia.
...There are also mafia players who play bad despite their good partners.
Meaning: I doubt that DP can be cleared that easily--he posts so little, and the excuse (yeah, excuse) of unvoting him on these grounds have lacking backing on how to judge him by.
Besides, we're facing 3 Mafia, and 3 inconclusive third-parties. How the fish does this conclude he's the Bad over quitewellmuchanything in being scum? :I
Newbie tell? Newbiescummyflaily tell?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 03, 2014, 11:25:24 pm »

I'm against voting DarkPaladin. If he is indeed Bad, he would be very helpful to town as a Vigilante.
Wat.
And if he indeed isn't? How could you be so sure on that note? (Also...HELPFUL to town as a Vigilante? Expound, sir)
Also Tiruin, He playes like he is guilty, and the most guilty seeming thing other than scum is bad. That's what I mean.
...? Where guilty?

I'm against voting DarkPaladin. If he is indeed Bad, he would be very helpful to town as a Vigilante.

Hoping a replacement comes for DarkPaladin.

Also Tiruin, He playes like he is guilty, and the most guilty seeming thing other than scum is bad. That's what I mean.
I was under the impression that the bad did not town side when he died.

If that is the case, Unvote DP109.  A vigilante is too useful to give up at this stage.
So you guys believe he's a vigilante over anything else (hint: SCUM) because...why now?
there are a multitude of things he could be.  Assuming we correctly interpret his last post, he has a power role of some kind
Now, let's go through the options:
Town cop: don't want to lynch that
Good: effectively one shot vig town
Bad: vigilante type, which unfortunately wants to kill town aligns
Ugly: EXTREMELY useful to the town, due to nk reversal and one-shot lynch immunity
Scum general: kill on sight
Scum: Kill on sight

Now before I answer:
Tiruin: what do you think DP109 is?

PPE: two scum, Tiruin.  IG is dead as a doormouse that's been poisoned.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 03, 2014, 11:32:39 pm »

...Yeah. That. >.>

Wat.
And if he indeed isn't? How could you be so sure on that note? (Also...HELPFUL to town as a Vigilante? Expound, sir)
...? Where guilty?

If that is the case, Unvote DP109.  A vigilante is too useful to give up at this stage.
So you guys believe he's a vigilante over anything else (hint: SCUM) because...why now?
there are a multitude of things he could be.  Assuming we correctly interpret his last post, he has a power role of some kind
Ugly: EXTREMELY useful to the town, due to nk reversal and one-shot lynch immunity
Ok I get Wolf's scale of interpretation but what I don't get is how we've jumped from interpreting DP's vagueness into 'Oh hey he's the Vig-dude!'
...Though it doesn't relate to why, out of 3 possible people, we see one kill. That means either 2 people didn't act-or 1 person didn't act.

Lazy.
That, and I didn't see his most recent answers to what I've poked at him so I guess that also affects my perception onto him, however I do also have to say that he is lacking in all fields of logic that I am very well justified in saying that brevity is bad.

But what I really think about him? Yeah, brevity. Not due for my vote as I'm checking back on people (+ queries to them) BUT I'm not against his lynch either, just curious on those who did vote him. Spontaneously. Quickly.

...? He's a survivor-type-Vigilante OR who wins by getting the Good & Ugly dead.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 03, 2014, 11:38:33 pm »

...Yeah. That. >.>

Wat.
...? Where guilty?

Ok I get Wolf's scale of interpretation but what I don't get is how we've jumped from interpreting DP's vagueness into 'Oh hey he's the Vig-dude!'
...Though it doesn't relate to why, out of 3 possible people, we see one kill. That means either 2 people didn't act-or 1 person didn't act.

Lazy.
That, and I didn't see his most recent answers to what I've poked at him so I guess that also affects my perception onto him, however I do also have to say that he is lacking in all fields of logic that I am very well justified in saying that brevity is bad.

But what I really think about him? Yeah, brevity. Not due for my vote as I'm checking back on people (+ queries to them) BUT I'm not against his lynch either, just curious on those who did vote him. Spontaneously. Quickly.

...? He's a survivor-type-Vigilante OR who wins by getting the Good & Ugly dead.
Here's a little tidbit, Tiruin: everything I do is spontaneous.  I've toned it down a bit from the BM, where I roleclaimed on a flight of frustration, but it's still there.
And yes, the bad is both a vig and somewhat anti-town.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 03, 2014, 11:59:43 pm »

Well, anti-town for the sake that they want the other two, slightly more town oriented third partiers dead.
And the fact that the Good would want to shoot their face.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 04, 2014, 03:18:00 pm »

4maskwolf-
Mastahcheese-
notquitethere- Caz
Caz-
Superblackcat-
Darkpaladin109- notquitethere, Solymr,
Solymr- Deathsword
Tiruin-
MyOwnWorstEnemy-
Deathsword-
No Lynch-

Not Voting- SBC, Darkpaladin109, MOWE, 4maskwolf, Tiruin, mastahcheese
4 votes to Extend
0 votes to Shorten

Day 2 has been extended to Tuesday March 4th, and will end at 11:00 PM EST (8 hours from now)

There are no more extensions available today.

DarkPaladin109 and Solymr are still up for replacement.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 04:07:37 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 04, 2014, 03:51:58 pm »

8 Hours left.

4maskwolf- It doesn't say you aren't voting, but it doesn't show your vote. Who are you voting, again? And why? If you aren't voting, why not?
notquitethere- How comfortable are you with your vote on DP? Why?
Caz- Why do you think we should lynch NQT?
Superblackcat- Do you plan on voting? If no, why not? If so, on who?
Darkpaladin109- Not really sure what to ask since I doubt they will reply before the lynch.
Solymr- Also not sure if will reply before lynch, either.
Tiruin- It doesn't say you aren't voting, either, but it doesn't show your vote. Who are you voting, again? And why? If you aren't voting, why not?
MyOwnWorstEnemy- Do you plan on voting, either? If no, why not? If so, on who?
Deathsword- How comfortable are you with your vote on Solymr? Why do you think we should lynch them?

As for myself, I am currently not voting, and would like wait just a little longer to hear some replies. I'd like to vote Solymr, because I'm still not convinced he's innocent, but that would cause a tie, and if we don't lynch, then we won't get enough information. Mislynch > No Lynch, in this situation.
The Derail Thread

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 04, 2014, 04:08:00 pm »

4maskwolf- It doesn't say you aren't voting, but it doesn't show your vote.
Fixed.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 04, 2014, 05:09:51 pm »

Since Solymr has requested replacement, his vote is no longer counted.

4maskwolf-
Mastahcheese-
notquitethere- Caz
Caz-
Superblackcat-
Darkpaladin109- notquitethere
Solymr- Deathsword
Tiruin-
MyOwnWorstEnemy-
Deathsword-
No Lynch-

Not Voting- SBC, Darkpaladin109, MOWE, 4maskwolf, Tiruin, mastahcheese
4 votes to Extend
0 votes to Shorten

Day 2 has been extended to Tuesday March 4th, and will end at 11:00 PM EST (6 hours from now)

There are no more extensions available today.

DarkPaladin109 and Solymr are still up for replacement.
Sigtext

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 04, 2014, 06:43:43 pm »

I'm extremely busy and have just glanced over things. Judging by what I previously know, I have to vote darkpaladin because I feel he's made quite a few mistakes. He just hasn't been around and everything he has said points to him being something more than just a townie. I just hope he's not the Union General or the Ugly. I'm actually kinda thinking he's the Bad because there seemed to be no tactic behind TDS's death N1.

Just so everyone knows, I won't be around much the next couple days. I have three exams at the end of this week and enough homework to make me question my sanity. I'll do what I can in here, but don't expect much.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 04, 2014, 08:00:53 pm »

God dang it, there's only 3 hours left, and I have to go somewhere so I won't be here to see the day's end, or be here for anyone else's replies.

I don't feel comfortable with voting, but I'm not wasting it. I'm sorry, Darkpaladin, but I don't think that the risk of you being a friendly role is worth the risk of you being a hostile one.
If you are the general or a townie, or the Good or Ugly, then I'm sorry. But I can't wait for anymore replies, and I hope to god that if there are people who think that risk is worth it, they get on right now and voice it.

I hope that if you do get lynched by the day's end, that we're right in this. I really don't like this.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 04, 2014, 08:16:18 pm »

Hello everyone.
I'm going to vote MastahCheese on the following grounds:

I'm sorry, Darkpaladin, but I don't think that the risk of you being a friendly role is worth the risk of you being a hostile one.
This is little more than a bandwagon vote.  If you have to apologize to someone who ISN'T EVEN PRESENT, then there are problems.  You fail to site any strong case against him.

I don't feel comfortable with voting, but I'm not wasting it.
If you aren't comfortable voting, then DON'T VOTE.  Voting without reason on day two is a MAJOR tell, cheesemeister.

Also, to use the argument of someone else (I don't remember who), you went after Solymr with the charge of bussing before IG flipped, which hints at hidden knowledge on day one.  In an open setup, the only way that could happen is if you were scum.  That there is not enough to vote you, however, it also happened conveniently close to the end of the day when the only chance of IG not dying was to put someone else's head on the chopping block.

The plaintiff rests.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 04, 2014, 08:49:50 pm »

PFP
Mr. Cheese
God dang it, there's only 3 hours left, and I have to go somewhere so I won't be here to see the day's end, or be here for anyone else's replies.

I don't feel comfortable with voting, but I'm not wasting it. I'm sorry, Darkpaladin, but I don't think that the risk of you being a friendly role is worth the risk of you being a hostile one.
If you are the general or a townie, or the Good or Ugly, then I'm sorry. But I can't wait for anymore replies, and I hope to god that if there are people who think that risk is worth it, they get on right now and voice it.

I hope that if you do get lynched by the day's end, that we're right in this. I really don't like this.
Y'know, I doubt that he'd be saying he'd be doing a poor job if he is the general, so exclude that--however I do wonder why you bring the topic up. Matter of conscience?

Because the only note you've got to vote him is that vague point there. Given your disposition-he's the most likely to be voted in your opinion, yes? Why?

MOWE
I'm extremely busy and have just glanced over things. Judging by what I previously know, I have to vote darkpaladin because I feel he's made quite a few mistakes. He just hasn't been around and everything he has said points to him being something more than just a townie. I just hope he's not the Union General or the Ugly. I'm actually kinda thinking he's the Bad because there seemed to be no tactic behind TDS's death N1.

Just so everyone knows, I won't be around much the next couple days. I have three exams at the end of this week and enough homework to make me question my sanity. I'll do what I can in here, but don't expect much.
I share the same reason yet I'm against voting the guy. What scant posts he has comprises what I can only infer as guilt, and even that is bogged down by what I doubt is him strangling his role or whatever metaphor alludes to conscience and guilt.
*gives hugs btw*
goodluck in exams!
Can we share that luck? >.>

PPE
4mask

Hello everyone.

I'm sorry, Darkpaladin, but I don't think that the risk of you being a friendly role is worth the risk of you being a hostile one.
This is little more than a bandwagon vote.  If you have to apologize to someone who ISN'T EVEN PRESENT, then there are problems.  You fail to site any strong case against him.

If you aren't comfortable voting, then DON'T VOTE.  Voting without reason on day two is a MAJOR tell, cheesemeister.

Also, to use the argument of someone else (I don't remember who), you went after Solymr with the charge of bussing before IG flipped, which hints at hidden knowledge on day one.  In an open setup, the only way that could happen is if you were scum.  That there is not enough to vote you, however, it also happened conveniently close to the end of the day when the only chance of IG not dying was to put someone else's head on the chopping block.

The plaintiff rests.
Now I'm still going on my note on you as reactionary but...you did note that his reason is stated as a declarative sentence there, yes?

Also...he's been pretty active actually-well, he made his post 3 hours from
March 04, 2014, 08:41:42 pm
here
Though it seems he fails to notice any message sent to him as of prior note...and while under the idea of needing a replacement, I'm quite curious about him-but not enough to vote him.

8 Hours left.

4maskwolf- It doesn't say you aren't voting, but it doesn't show your vote. Who are you voting, again? And why? If you aren't voting, why not?
notquitethere- How comfortable are you with your vote on DP? Why?
Caz- Why do you think we should lynch NQT?
Superblackcat- Do you plan on voting? If no, why not? If so, on who?
Darkpaladin109- Not really sure what to ask since I doubt they will reply before the lynch.
Solymr- Also not sure if will reply before lynch, either.
Tiruin- It doesn't say you aren't voting, either, but it doesn't show your vote. Who are you voting, again? And why? If you aren't voting, why not?
I'm voting nobody. NQT hasn't spoken since late. Caz, SBC, Solymyr (yeah get my note on replacements unless RL gets in the way D:), and generall everyone else but 4mask, Cheese, MOWE has spoken. I haven't caught up with DS or the rest...

And also schoolwork bogs me down-however right now? I'm not voting because this needs a kick in activity. Will be posting in 3 hours after this after a check on my notes.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 04, 2014, 08:53:08 pm »

PPE
4mask

Hello everyone.

The plaintiff rests.
Now I'm still going on my note on you as reactionary but...you did note that his reason is stated as a declarative sentence there, yes?

Also...he's been pretty active actually-well, he made his post 3 hours from
March 04, 2014, 08:41:42 pm
here
Though it seems he fails to notice any message sent to him as of prior note...and while under the idea of needing a replacement, I'm quite curious about him-but not enough to vote him.
... I don't quite understand who or what you are talking about here.  Exhaustion has gotten the better of me...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 04, 2014, 08:53:48 pm »

Oh, and Tiruin: did my attack on Deathsword or NQT strike you as reactionary?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33