Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: You are a Villian  (Read 9254 times)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Villian
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2014, 05:17:04 pm »

Well the character spends so often with tech and computers, I assume he would use Reddit and R/science...

Dropping your fingers on your keyboard, you move quickly as you grab the tomahawk for $100 dollars and find a site where you can afford a pistol or some other weapon.

http://www.dudeiwantthat.com/gear/weapons/super-shorty-shotgun.asp well, not a pistol, but maybe you could conceal it...

http://www.dudeiwantthat.com/gear/weapons/m4-180lb-tactical-crossbow.asp are there no pistols on this web site? Well, that isn't going to stop you from taking a shot.

http://www.dudeiwantthat.com/gear/weapons/double-barrel-pistol.asp well, these aren't in production yet, but apparently you are getting a special test drive after the car auction... shit they know... well, their giving you two for the price of one!
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2014, 09:07:52 pm »

Bump
10/10.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2014, 09:39:04 am »

I say we should try to maximize the amount of stuff we do per day. Let's say we learn a bit more ninjutsu, and start taking classes in other martial arts once we've gotten relatively good. At times when we can't take classes, we'll juggle upkeep on our "charity" fund and learning economics and computer programming. That would give us:
  • Combat skills
  • Stabilisation and possible increase of our budget
  • Stuff necessary for controlling the stock market
  • The "AI expert" version of the mad scientist's archetype

For the last two, I suggest that we eventually (in the long term, maybe after a couple of months and getting some more minions) build a system to manipulate stock markets. Buying some basic tools for macgyvering might also be useful.

The next good idea would be getting a HQ, but we'll need some more henchmen. We could look on internet engineering forums for some more technically-minded minions.

Also, let's see if there are any (negative) rumors about what we've done so far, so we won't be caught by surprise.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2014, 10:05:10 am »

So you Don't want to buy a gun?
10/10.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2014, 10:07:52 am »

While that seems appealing, it'd just make us seem more suspicious. Have our henchman get it, to keep us off the radar.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2014, 11:00:23 am »

Have our henchman get it get a few of theses shotguns.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2014, 03:34:53 pm »

So you Don't want to buy a gun?

The reason given for buying a gun was to rob a bank. I think the consensus was that we didn't want to do that.

My vote is still the same as it's been: ninjutsu and parkour, push the charities. We're supposed to be a villain here, not a common street thug. We need to be thinking bigger than petty theft. The vast majority of our money came from this plan. I say we keep doing that, put together enough money to buy a physical building with an extensive underground complex, or build one, then "legitimately" go into the orphan business. Start accepting orphans and divide them into thirds: test subjects, mind controlled minions and well fed lovable children for public display to make us look good.

It will just take a couple months of soliciting for donations to get the money to start that. But that's time we can also be spending training other skills anyway.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2014, 07:20:40 pm »

Your ninjutsu classes pay off when you win your tornament and get a free staff to take home. You are gradually growing better at parkour, and scaled a building with your record of two minutes. You decide the next step should be showing your charity. You think of ways you can gain awareness.

A. Start putting ads on other websites (slowest working, cost the least)
B. Put up signs around town (a bit of a middle ground of price and speed)
C: get a small building to put orphaned children in (quickest option, a large investment)
10/10.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2014, 08:32:13 pm »

C

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2014, 09:00:40 am »

B, C seems too creepy and suspicious. Do we even have an actual system to help the orphans? Or was one of the advantages of C that we'd get loyal minions?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2014, 09:09:05 am »

C, we must train minions, so run a orphanage for older children.
later we can start caring for younger children when we have more people.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2014, 10:19:52 am »

can we afford C? ??? then C.
otherwise A.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2014, 10:31:53 am »

Now that I've thought about it, yeah, C could work, but doing A+C would be even better. What are our current funds?

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2014, 02:14:09 pm »

13,000 dollars is currently owned
A-30 dollars
B-200 dollars
C-3,000 dollars.
10/10.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2014, 02:55:08 pm »

In that case, I'd say definitely A+C, although we could alternatively use A+B first to build up hype for our enterprise, with C being the final stage. I'd suggest using another 3000 for hiring minions/henchmen.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8