Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: New World - An RTD of Exile: Turn 4  (Read 3671 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: New World - An RTD of Exile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 07:01:02 pm »

Spoiler: Smyt (click to show/hide)

(OOC: I don't like writing long bios, I like telling people my story in the game.)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New World - An RTD of Exile: Turn 1
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 10:40:20 pm »

Looking at the video displays in the shuttle you find that your destination is a ocean world, what little land the screens display appear to be islands or chains of them that spread all across the surface, you just hope the shuttle will drop you off on one of those islands and not into the sea. The six of you are spread throughout the cramped cargo bay sitting on anything from the floor to wooden crates of something or another, you can all sense the tension in the air as the thrusters roar to life and the shuttle begins to creep out of its launch bay. For over a half an hour silence pervades the cargo bay, only broken by the occasional cough or engine hiccup until finally the shuttle begins to shake silently, and your pilot informs you that you are now entering the atmosphere.

Another half hour sees you to the surface where finally something goes wrong, as the pilot moves in to make a landing an explosion tears apart the rear engines, and sends the ship crashing onto the beach where it digs a furrow into the ground before coming to a stop some fifty feet onto the island. It takes a few minutes to open the cargo bay doors, but finally you get to step outside and have a look at your new home, in the distance out past the beach you see only endless stretches of ocean, and behind you some low grassy hills that run right up and into the dense jungle beyond. Home sweet home am I right?

Spoiler: Coolrune206, Rune (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: darkpaladin109, AJ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Exile Group's 'Home (click to show/hide)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: New World - An RTD of Exile: Turn 1
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 10:56:35 pm »

Konicek stared out into the ocean waves, feeling the sand crunch beneath his boots. He rubbed a grey hand against a bump on his head.

Jungles and oceans. He felt very, very, far away from home.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 11:00:04 pm »

Attempt to assume control.

Speech time.

"Alright men, this is where they have sent us. This is our paradise, our home, our prison. Look back at the shuttle we arrived on. That symbolizes humanity. It reached its destination, then crashed - but we survived. We are the few who questioned things we were not meant to question, we are the few who went against the flow. We are rebels. We are survivors. And we will survive. Get into groups sorted by profession. I want scientists on the far right, engineers on the far left, and everyone else inbetween."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 06:13:23 am »

As the first semblance of authority tried to assert itself over the group, Dr. Hope realized there were more pressing concerns.

"Hey, anybody get hurt in the crash? Any broken limbs, heavy bleeding, that sort of thing?"

Ask if anybody needs help. Provide help to the most grievously wounded individuals first if there are any.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2014, 03:44:38 pm »

I'll send PMs out to those who haven't posted actions tomorrow, if they don't post actions within two days of receiving the PM their action will be auto'd. If someone does not meet the deadlines after said PMs twice in a row they're out and moved into the waitlist while a waitlister will be put in their place.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2014, 03:46:50 pm »

Asses the state of our supplies.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2014, 04:14:10 pm »

"I'm fine, doctor. Anyone else back there fit and ready to help? I think we'll need everyone we can get."
Sweep revolver over area, checking for immediate threats. Have cutlass at the ready, but do not threaten anyone with it.
Point cutlass hand at Rune. Stay far enough away it can't be construed as an attack.
"And you, you're an engineer, right? You shouldn't be in command, you should be fixing stuff! I'm only qualified to lead a small squad, but at least someone back there looks like they can lead us (I hope)."
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2014, 05:33:38 pm »

Waitlist, please.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2014, 07:41:43 pm »

Baron Erik Valusos the Seventh, despite his noble upbringing and his admiration of brave heroes throughout history, had spent the whole ordeal of the ship plummeting from the air with his arms wrapped tightly around his knees, mumbling some frantic prayer whilst rocking back and forth in terror.

Now, stumbling out into the light along with the others, his clothes in disarray, the displaced nobleman attempts to recover some dignity. He straightens his back, places a smooth hand on the sword at his hip and scans the horizon intently, shielding his eyes against the glare. He waves away the doctor and speaks loudly to the group, keeping his melodious voice as steady as he can manage.
"The first thing we need to do is, ah," he thought back to various tales he'd read of adventure and ancient shipwrecks on strange islands, "Find ourselves a source of fresh water before we dehydrate. Let us head up towards the treeline, there."

He glanced towards the man making a speech, raising one neat eyebrow with poorly-hidden disdain.
"Excuse me, friend, but it seems to me we would be best off getting straight to work searching for water- any man with eyes can help to find water, regardless of their profession. We shall take stock of what and who we have just as soon as we've taken a look around in the forest up there and seen just what we're facing."
With that, he turned and strode purposefully towards the forbidding line of jungle ahead, pulling his revolver from his holster- more for the comforting feel of its grip than out of any intention to use it.

>Order my fellow survivors to follow me, scouting up towards the jungle for any sign of fresh water. Keep my revolver in hand, just in case we encounter trouble. ...Oh and uh, don't actually wander into the trees if no-one follows me.

>Keep an eye on this uppity technician fellow, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2014, 07:49:52 pm »

Though he'd been sentenced to exile, such sentences had, on the rarest of occasions, been withdrawn or pardoned. Maybe...

He turned and went to the pilots, grouping with them if they were following Rune's commands.

"We need to get this ship fixed, do we not? I have some technical ability. I can help salvage what we can and maybe get the bird in the air again."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 12:42:14 pm »

BUMP.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nunzillor

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 08:03:28 pm »

Yes let us continue so that they can die horribly and let in the waitlisterslead the party to civilization, or create it!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:08:10 pm by Nunzillor »

Nunzillor

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2014, 02:06:47 am »

I guess this is dead.  That's a shame.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2014, 08:57:05 am »

I guess this is dead.  That's a shame.
It is not, the turn is half complete and I'll have it posted sometime today.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4