Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31

Author Topic: Shallow Space III: FTL Before FTL was Cool! [1/1] - Game Over!  (Read 38458 times)

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Shallow Space III: FTL Before FTL was Cool! [10/10]
« Reply #330 on: April 19, 2014, 07:51:12 am »

Then just shoot ebbor.

Edit:
Play two redshirts, throw Plasma Grenade at Left Hull (If I can, otherwise throw it at the strut) and discard forcefield. Shoot Left Strut (or left hull.) if possible.

(Come on, give me boarding!)
Just as a note, you're on the ship we intend to take over. You're not supposed to blow it up.

Actually, I highly suggest you move, otherwise you're going to blow yourself up.
He can't move, he trapped himself in his own forcefield.
Unless he has boarding.
Read the description of the forcefield again. It clearly and obviously states that it only blocks enemy traffic. I kind of demand recompensation for this, because you've clearly been feeding a disinformation campaign against my team.

Sorry, I didn't read the rules very carefully. Last time we got in a forcefield, we had to wait it out, so I thought it applied to everyone.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 07:54:58 am by RoaryStar »

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 19, 2014, 06:06:03 pm »

You said you need a replacement over in the Delinquent Help Thread?

Alright, you're taking over for Execute/Dumbo.exe. I'll send you the cards and you post your action.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 19, 2014, 07:54:50 pm »

Oh it's my turn again. That went rather fast.
Use the Photon Torpedo on the Dark Drake, then use Overcharge and fire on the Dark Drake.

NEIN! DAS IST NICHT GÜT!
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #333 on: April 20, 2014, 07:38:50 pm »

You're from Iowa it says?

EDIT: Can someone give me a crash course on how this works? It looks like our ship is in trouble. :o Two boarders. Shields are damaged.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:40:22 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 20, 2014, 07:51:44 pm »

You're from Iowa it says?

EDIT: Can someone give me a crash course on how this works? It looks like our ship is in trouble. :o Two boarders. Shields are damaged.

Are they? Shields look perfectly fine. Do you mean the left hull?

Anyways, you and I are in the second ship from the left. My action was to use my card, boarding, to get back onto my own ship, the Thunderbird (the far right), after shooting Ebbor, who is currently a threat, as he has twice our redshirts, combined. I suggest that we vacate the Emperor's Fire and try to get back to our own ship, though I guess it might not be a good plan. Our ship (the Thunderbird) is probably in the best condition, and I think it's a good idea to defend it.

About how this works: We get certain cards every turn, up to a certain maximum. We can move 3 spaces in a turn, use the teleporter to board if the other ship's shields are down, and we can attack, doing one damage, once (as ebbor said) every turn; that's called the phaser.

My only concern right now is if I teleport into the left laser or pod; I'd be completely stuck without any way to save myself.

I hope that was what you needed.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:53:23 pm by RoaryStar »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #335 on: April 20, 2014, 08:00:04 pm »

So the Thunderbird is my home ship, but you and I are inside the Emporer's Fire?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #336 on: April 20, 2014, 10:47:21 pm »

Well.. Shoot ebbor I guess. Sorry ebbor.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 21, 2014, 08:31:54 am »

So the Thunderbird is my home ship, but you and I are inside the Emporer's Fire?

Yes, that is correct.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 21, 2014, 02:27:13 pm »

Cpt. darkpaladin109 fires a Photon torpedo at the S.S. Dark Drake. It hits the Dark Drake in engineering. He plays Overcharge and follows it up with two laser shots, hitting both struts.
Lt-Cmdr. RoaryStar moves to the left strut and phasers Cmdr. 10ebbor10 then Boards the Thunderbird, arriving in the right hull.
Cmdr. GUNINANRUNIN phasers Cmdr. 10ebbor10.
Lt-Cmdr. mastahcheese suddenly takes the 3 damage he should have taken 3 turns ago for moving through 3 critical hull sections, and promptly dies, his body flung back into the teleport chamber (where he should have stopped moving) by the rearranging of space-time.

Turn 23: S.S. Emperor's Fire

σ        σ        σ        σ 

Spoiler: S.S. Juke (ship 3) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thunderbird (ship 4) (click to show/hide)
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shallow Space III: FTL Before FTL was Cool! [9/9]
« Reply #339 on: April 21, 2014, 02:42:04 pm »

Lt-Cmdr. mastahcheese suddenly takes the 3 damage he should have taken 3 turns ago for moving through 3 critical hull sections, and promptly dies, his body flung back into the teleport chamber (where he should have stopped moving) by the rearranging of space-time.
Quote from: the rules
 Captain and crew members can move about the ship, allowing access to different features of the ship. A captain or crew member may move through up to 3 sections a turn, but moving into a critically damaged section forces that member to forgo any further movement for that turn.
[bolding mine]
He should have only taken the damage from entering the first section and then stopped!

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 21, 2014, 02:47:47 pm »

Quote from: the rules
Captain and crew members can move about the ship, allowing access to different features of the ship. A captain or crew member may move through up to 3 sections a turn, but moving into a critically damaged section forces that member to forgo any further movement for that turn.
[bolding mine]
He should have only taken the damage from entering the first section and then stopped!
Yes, that's what I said.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 21, 2014, 02:53:56 pm »

I mean he should have only taken 1 damage, as he never actually reached the other CRIT-damaged sections.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 21, 2014, 03:52:38 pm »

Oh, I'm dead now.

Hmm.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 21, 2014, 04:12:39 pm »

I mean he should have only taken 1 damage, as he never actually reached the other CRIT-damaged sections.

But he did. That's why he's dead.

If only you had raised this concern sooner, he might have lived.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 21, 2014, 06:22:03 pm »

Repair lv3 on engineering
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31