Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31

Author Topic: Shallow Space III: FTL Before FTL was Cool! [1/1] - Game Over!  (Read 38428 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Shallow Space III: FTL Before FTL was Cool! [4/4]
« Reply #420 on: June 10, 2014, 09:03:15 pm »

I'm not even in this game and I can tell you that it wasn't your ship that was destroyed.  It was the Thunderbird.
That's...not what I said. At all.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Shallow Space III: FTL Before FTL was Cool! [3/3]
« Reply #421 on: June 11, 2014, 12:44:35 am »

Cpt. darkpaladin109 boards the S.S. Juke. His escape pod crashes into the left hull, and he stumbles out, gravely wounded, into the critically damaged area, and promptly dies.

Turn 32: S.S. Emperor's Fire

σ        σ        σ 

Spoiler: S.S. Juke (ship 3) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thunderbird (ship 4) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:46:29 am by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 11, 2014, 04:29:05 am »

And thus, the great star captain WhitiusOpus commented on the death of such a fine enemy.

"Lol" - Captain WhitiusOpus, June 11, 40556.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 11, 2014, 06:51:13 am »

Bugger.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 11, 2014, 07:23:11 am »

The game seems to be just about over. We just need to wait for Whitius to kill ebbor (or the other way around, I guess) and then for TopHat to make his way to the bridge and destroy the Dark Drake (not likely to be the inverse).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 11, 2014, 08:49:45 pm »

... Wow. That was...
Quick.

We were the most stable team until three turn ago, and now we just all died.

Me from being trolled,
DP from being trolled.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 12, 2014, 12:26:33 am »

Fortunately, the Ramming speed! card has been removed from the version of the game I'll be running next, so there won't be any way to instantly destroy a ship like that, although I have to applaud their plan.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 12, 2014, 12:30:42 am »

The game seems to be just about over. We just need to wait for Whitius to kill ebbor (or the other way around, I guess) and then for TopHat to make his way to the bridge and destroy the Dark Drake (not likely to be the inverse).
The front hull is destroyed, and lasers are mostly gone. So it's quite unlikely that he'll blow up before I get at least a chance to teleport.

Edit: I found an error in the game. The ship's shields were still up. This means that it should have received 4 damage less, which would have allowed it to survive.

The exact same effect was seen in turn 2, after GWG rammed the other ship.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 12:34:58 am by 10ebbor10 »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Shallow Space III: FTL Before FTL was Cool! [4/4]
« Reply #428 on: June 12, 2014, 12:45:31 am »

I'm not even in this game and I can tell you that it wasn't your ship that was destroyed.  It was the Thunderbird.
That's...not what I said. At all.
Oh.  When you said "ship" twice I assumed you meant the same ship :P  I forgot that you like reincarnated or whatever.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 12, 2014, 02:44:51 am »

Edit: -snip-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Action:
Teleport back to the Dark Drake via the Fire's teleport chamber. Play Redshirt, Move to the teleport chamber, Fire Brigade the left hull, Plasma Grenade the right hull, Move to Engineering, Phaser the Teleport Chamber. With WhitiusOpus phasering the front hull, that should destroy the ship.
EDIT - Proviso - Just in case I land in the Right Pod, just play redshirt and hit Ebbor with all of my offensive cards and a phaser shot. Plasma grenade first.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 10:57:22 am by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 12, 2014, 03:19:08 am »

There was no error earlier. I merely pointed out that shields are shown to absorb damage from ramming attacks, and considering that the Thunderbird was at full health and full shields, it should have survived the incident.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 12, 2014, 03:41:39 am »

Ah. Still, the damage reduction would probably have been split between the 15 sections of the ship, each of which recieved 4 points of damage - enough to destroy them even if a point of damage had been removed. The only way it could have survived would be if a single hull section recieved 2 or more points of damage reduction. Unlikely with all 15 sections being hit.
EDIT - if I just calculated that correctly, and the chances of each section receiving the reduction is the same, that's a 2.43% chance that any given section will get 2 or more points of damage reduction. Roughly, that's a 9.7% chance that this would happen to any one of the hull sections, saving the ship. Not good odds.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:57:46 am by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 12, 2014, 04:13:58 am »

Somehow, I had the notion that each section had 4 Hp, not 3.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 15, 2014, 02:56:19 pm »

Welp, WhitiusOpus hasn't actually posted in the thread, but whatevs.

Cmdr. TopHat moves back to the teleport chamber and teleports to the Dark Drake. He arrives in the bridge and takes 1 damage for entering a critically damaged area. He then moves to the front hull, plays a Redshirt, and phasers the teleport chamber. He is out of movement for this turn.
Cpt. WhitiusOpus-- actually, I'm not even sure I can tell what WhitiusOpus wanted to do. Well, he plays Weapons Calibration, Overcharge, and Jamming pod on the S.S. Emperor's Fire. He also plays Heal on himself, to no effect. One shot hits the Fire's teleport chamber. He discards Evasive maneuvers. To avoid damaging his teammates, he does not phaser the front hull.

Turn 33: S.S. Juke

σ        σ        σ 

Spoiler: S.S. Juke (ship 3) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thunderbird (ship 4) (click to show/hide)
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 15, 2014, 03:11:03 pm »

I will move into the critically damaged left strut, place a forcefield over the right hull, play another redshirt and discard a plasma grenade.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31