Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 90

Author Topic: Thawed (Wrapping Up)  (Read 109348 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Thawed (Non-Training Montage 1--The Smugglers' Den)
« Reply #1005 on: April 02, 2014, 09:18:46 pm »

Who will tell the duke who just ordered two people to order a queen in cold blood that he's being a racist jackass?

Exactly. So there's one thing.

We never are told that the whole thing takes multiple days to clean up. It could have been accomplished in the, what, two days the movie takes place in?

It's probable that if they were able to have someone toss the prince into the brig they had some proof. And that's not to mention what the OTHER princes of the Southern Isles would probably do to him considering if he was locked up he would not be able to do anything else to gain power over them so... where's the point on that?

And if it's so small and unlikely to prosper now then why attack them? Especially when the queen could make the soldiers experience Russia in winter without warning.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 02, 2014, 09:28:32 pm »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 02, 2014, 09:42:57 pm »

Can you fetch me the specific scenes where he said those things and show me a lack of reaction by those around him?
And they were partially justified in that the main reason she would be is i something bad happened.

You stated a few days. It normally mean more than one.

You haven't said anything against my argument. WHY WOULD HANS' BOTHERS NOT KEEP HIM LOCKED UP AS HE IS OBVIOUSLY A THREAT TO THEIR CLAIMS ON THE THRONE?  He is obviously not favored by anyone so there is no reason the king would let him continue running amok, ecpseacially when he has, what, nine brothers that want him as far from the throne as possible? And another thing, why would they let him make an army considering how easy it would be for him to force the next in line to give over the throne with one?

And why is it common knowledge that an argument caused the winter? It seems unlikely to me that that would cause something that bad. If I were... Anyone in power I'd dismiss it as insane ramblings. Also, we aren't considering that they would probably have alies in one other kingdom that had a movie. And guess who can be seen in the crowed in the beginning? I'll give you a hint. One used to be blonde with long hair, and the other was a criminal who stole a crown.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 02, 2014, 09:44:16 pm »

ninja'd

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 02, 2014, 11:17:48 pm »

Well, no one gives a shit about Hans since he's 13th in the line of succession - unless all of his brother accidentally die in which case he's probably getting tried for murder, nobody really cares about him.
He can raise an army because he's a member of the royal family, and presumably holds some sort of position in the military there.
Though given that he knows that Elsa controls her emotions via love, why not just hire an assassin (male or female doesn't really matter) to seduce her and then stab her in the throat while in a kiss or having sex or something to that effect, since her dampening emotion would likely reduce her danger sense and not let her powers get too out of hand. It's what I'd do if I were playing in this game.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 02, 2014, 11:23:14 pm »

I don't think Elsa's interested in romance. And her love didn't stop her from accidentally zapping her own sister, though said sibling love was also strong enough to thaw the whole kingdom.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 02, 2014, 11:30:58 pm »

Exactly - if you can pose as a mage in need of controlling your powers ad have come to the kingdom of Arrendale for help from the ice queen, surely her compassionate heart would lend her to help you. And if you happened to connect and grow closer during the training, taking advantage of the fact that she's still very isolated despite being connected with her sister - Anna doesn't know what it means to be a mage, after all - well, love and more importantly trust would surely spawn from this relationship, right?
Of course you have to be a psychopath to pull it off, but it's very possible; I thought it up in the first five minutes of watching the movie.
Sig! Onol

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 02, 2014, 11:33:34 pm »

That's the dumbest plan I ever heard. Who lets some random dude get training from the queen who will obviously have enemies that will use underhanded tactics?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 02, 2014, 11:36:10 pm »

Disney people. If the guy's frightened of his magic and afraid of what he might do to his family, Elsa would see something of herself in him. It happens all the time, the only difference here is that the innocent guy is a coldblooded assassin who's gonna stab Elsa through the neck when she starts necking him.
Sig! Onol

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 02, 2014, 11:40:58 pm »

Then he'll fail if it's Disney since Disney always has a happy ending.

He'll still fail if it's not Disney as he wouldn't get the training.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 02, 2014, 11:42:07 pm »

This isn't Disney, though, it's an RTD.
Sig! Onol

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 02, 2014, 11:46:50 pm »

See point two.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 02, 2014, 11:48:19 pm »

Why not?
Sig! Onol

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 03, 2014, 12:03:38 am »

Selina could probably pull that off honestly, if she were psychotic enough. If she were given that mission right now, she'd probably take it as a chance to escape from this boot camp with her friend.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 03, 2014, 05:35:48 am »

Exactly - if you can pose as a mage in need of controlling your powers ad have come to the kingdom of Arrendale for help from the ice queen, surely her compassionate heart would lend her to help you. And if you happened to connect and grow closer during the training, taking advantage of the fact that she's still very isolated despite being connected with her sister - Anna doesn't know what it means to be a mage, after all - well, love and more importantly trust would surely spawn from this relationship, right?
Of course you have to be a psychopath to pull it off, but it's very possible; I thought it up in the first five minutes of watching the movie.

((What's the point of even using subterfuge like that? Just send your regular (or hired) assassins to resolve the matter the good ol' fashioned way. Infiltrate the domain of the Queen with spies. Sow dissent. Use poison. Swords. Poisoned swords. Destabilize integral chandeliers. That sort of thing. I'm sure you could drum up support for the idea with other courts in the land, get them to pitch in. The Queen isn't really receptive to dialogue, anyway, and has no real allies of note. Kill the queen, forge claims, partition the kingdom. Go Crusader Kings II on her magical ass. Now that's something I could really get behind, you know?))
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 05:37:45 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 90