Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 90

Author Topic: Thawed (Wrapping Up)  (Read 109407 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Thawed (Characters Chosen, RP Time: Now With Four 'K's!)
« Reply #270 on: February 11, 2014, 01:17:45 pm »

((I'm not sure. Maybe a second squad.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 11, 2014, 01:18:46 pm »

While you are certainly right that GWG can do whatever he wishes, it's less a question of "GM's right" and more of "we can't stop him anyway". If a decision that seems unfair is made, obviously somebody's gonna be pissed. Telling them not to be because the GM is boss is useless.
However, I agree that GWG can use the rating system in whichever way he pleases, and if he considers that this character should be in, he should be in.
It's just that I found the whole "stop whining guise" thing a bit pointless, is all.

((The problem is that GWG is a good GM. You are quite right, I am essentially telling people to stop whining, but not because I am personally irritated. I'm saying it because if they keep it up, they might very well get what they want. GWG will listen to people's concerns, he will feel irrational guilt over his actions. He will feel bad because people tell him that he should feel bad, and he may even be persuaded to do something he wouldn't normally do because of it.
   To see why this might be a problem, look at it this way; GWG is David Bowie and all the players/prospective players are Sarah from the Labyrinth. Think of every time that Sarah says something is unfair. Now, still in those situations, imagine what the movie would have been like if David Bowie had replied "Oh, wait. You're right, that really is kinda harsh. Let me fix that..." instead of laughing like a demonically possessed cat. It would have been a truly terrible movie.
   Yes, you have the gist of my argument, but there is indeed a point there. One that I do not think can be ignored. Whining is a problem when there is a chance that it will make a difference, and I think that chance is very real with GWG.))
((Well, yup. If you mean that we should stop pressuring him, I totes agree. I just thought that it was a sort of moral question thingy - that we should not feel bad because. Sorry.
But yeah, go on, GWG. You are the boss of this place.))

((I'm not sure. Maybe a second squad.))
((OH GOD YES
Sorry, I'm pressuring you again. :-[ ))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 11, 2014, 01:19:08 pm »

Gooold :/ Wasn't the main premise of this game that you were going to not collect a dozen players and get completely overwhelmed?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 11, 2014, 01:20:33 pm »

Yeah...there is that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 11, 2014, 01:23:33 pm »

((Yeah I wouldn't extend into a 2nd squad it will be twice as much work for you and will probably make the game weaker overall))
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 11, 2014, 01:27:10 pm »

((...I'm not sure if that's a compliment or what.))

((I said you were a good GM and likened you to David Bowie. In the same post no less. I'd consider that a compliment.))

((Yeah I wouldn't extend into a 2nd squad it will be twice as much work for you and will probably make the game weaker overall))

((Worse, actually. I tried that with a Wraith RTD. Running two groups squares the difficulty, because you have to write entirely new setting/story/pathing for the second group, not just write new players into the existing environment.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 11, 2014, 01:32:09 pm »

((Well, okay, point. Stopping whining now.))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 11, 2014, 01:34:45 pm »

(Just wanted to fill one out, because of the premise. I don't expect to get in, but I just had to fill one out.)
Spoiler: Walt Luman (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 11, 2014, 01:47:26 pm »

((What you could do is recruit someone to run a game where we are the guys working for the queen to stop this war.))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 11, 2014, 01:51:08 pm »

((What you could do is recruit someone to run a game where we are the guys working for the queen to stop this war.))
((This...is actually an original idea. But who's the "someone" in question? Besides, methinks some people here want to participate in a GWGame, so to speak, not a someone-game. But I can see a situation where this could work.))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 11, 2014, 02:09:43 pm »

((This...is actually an original idea. But who's the "someone" in question? Besides, methinks some people here want to participate in a GWGame, so to speak, not a someone-game. But I can see a situation where this could work.))
((I don't know. I left it unspecified because I am a terrible GM and GWG should choose for himself.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 11, 2014, 02:19:52 pm »

((I'd find it interesting to try GMing something like that, but I'm already a player (though I guess I could give up the spot if needed), and also it would require a lot of sharing notes with GWG as well as assuming a whole lot of creative control over his game.))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 11, 2014, 02:27:51 pm »

((I am not a very experienced GM - I have only run three games so far, one of which has just started. So, probably not me. But I would give it a shot in a pinch - you just don't want me to.))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 11, 2014, 02:34:33 pm »

((I may be biased here, but why not let the 6 characters stay, and let the game progress past us waiting in a barracks before we decide what happens next. We're just overwhelming GWG at this point.))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 11, 2014, 02:38:01 pm »

((I may be biased here, but why not let the 6 characters stay, and let the game progress past us waiting in a barracks before we decide what happens next. We're just overwhelming GWG at this point.))

((Also this. Let's not plan too far ahead.))
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 90