Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 90

Author Topic: Thawed (Wrapping Up)  (Read 109455 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Thawed (Characters Needed; 9?/6 Sheets but Not FCFS; You Can Still Apply)
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2014, 07:56:06 am »

Lust, pleasure, either works.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2014, 07:58:38 am »

Anything else I need to change about my Character sheet, GWG?
I wanna make sure he is correct.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2014, 08:01:36 am »

You're still one positive trait short.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2014, 09:09:18 am »

Ok. That should do it. I also changed from Stealth to Cooking. Seemed appropriate for a fire mage.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2014, 09:11:29 am »

Mark: His eyes, which could be taken for very, very light brown, but are actually honey-yellow.
Excellent Mark.

Catalyst Emotion: Approval, both of others and his own, in the sense of doing the right thing.
A bit...well, I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's not a very "active" emotion. Fear, hate, anger, lust, guilt, even depression are all "Active" emotions that drive out rational thought and replacing it with emotional response. That's a bit part of what the catalyst emotion is supposed to be.

Alright, I understand that the whole background of my character is invalid if magic is not inherited. I'll rewrite it, if that's the case. Sorry. Are my skills alright?
It's fine.
The source material was not focused on the details of magic or where it came from, so it's all good.
Don't expect "primitive crafting" to be making you anything detailed or complex without a great roll, and I assume "remedy-making" is making medicines from plants and such?

Yes, remedy-making is pharmaceutics, just tribal and retarded. And I picked the "primitive crafting" thing because I think it's something a guy like him should know how to do - I realize it's probably bloody useless.

About the catalyst emotion thing, I just couldn't define it correctly - I mean that warm fuzzy feeling you get when you are praised. In my head, Yuun does things to please others without really considering if what he is doing is worthy; therefore, his desire to be good and useful replaces his common sense. However, if that's not convincing, I'll change it to Excitement or something.

Ah, another question. Is the Mark actually excellent, or are you being sarcastic? I tend to assume I'm a dumbass in these situations, so...
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2014, 09:18:00 am »

So is my sheet okay?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2014, 09:38:44 am »

About the catalyst emotion thing, I just couldn't define it correctly - I mean that warm fuzzy feeling you get when you are praised. In my head, Yuun does things to please others without really considering if what he is doing is worthy; therefore, his desire to be good and useful replaces his common sense. However, if that's not convincing, I'll change it to Excitement or something.
Hm. So...something more arrogant. Hubris, maybe?
Excitement works too.

Ah, another question. Is the Mark actually excellent, or are you being sarcastic? I tend to assume I'm a dumbass in these situations, so...
No, it is actually excellent. It's exactly the kind of thing I had hoped people would be picking.

So is my sheet okay?
I believe so.
Sig

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2014, 09:43:52 am »

Changed it to Pride - Hubris is too grandiose. And thanks. Hope it's all alright now.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2014, 10:13:01 am »

I'll have a sheet in later today.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2014, 10:15:11 am »

Anyway yeah, anything else I can flesh out?
Hm...you're still one perk short, but aside from that I have no specific suggestions.

It's like the difference in anger if someone punched you in the face as opposed to punching your mother in the face. Both are anger but they are fundamentally different. Also, not to question your setting (which I think is fantastic) but didn't the youngest prince of the Southern Isles commit treason? The fact that he wasn't executed on the spot by ether kingdom (considering they are on good enough terms to be inviting princes to a coronation) is, I must say, mindbogglingly lenient.
Anger is anger. There's really not that much fundamental difference. It's not the origin, it's the journey. Or maybe the destination? I'm pretty sure journey fits better with the metaphor, but that might just be my point of view.
I disagree purely stat-wise the destination is the same for all emotions. It's the origin that matters. Like how if you killed someone because they stole your girlfriend and if you shot someone pointing a gun at you. One is murder the other is self-defense but they both end with the guy dead. Plus, isn't your Catalyst Emotion supposed to be symbolically connected to your Element? I think that the desire to protect someone fits crystal better then anger or rage.
When did the youngest prince commit treason? Certainly, the sorceress-queen claimed such, but who do you think the King of the Southern Isles is going to believe: His own son, or the sorceress who put the land into winter for days, wronged said son, and stopped him from marrying the woman he loved? (Remember also that he is a consummate liar. And that people don't really like sorcerers. Also remember that there is precisely zero proof that he tried to kill the princess; it would be perfectly easy to claim that he thought she was dead, especially with a little testimony from Olaf. All you could catch him on is claiming he and Anna already got married, and that's if Anna actually heard that Hans said that and managed to get this information to the Southern Isles...and deceit isn't much of a charge, especially since Hans could easily claim that he was trying to prevent a war over the throne--pretty common when there isn't a good successor--and perhaps say something about bringing glory to the Southern Isles.
I've overthought this a little.)
Over-thinking is never a bad thing.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 10:25:01 am by The Froggy Ninja »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2014, 10:24:12 am »

Hey GWG. Just a thought, why aren't the problems in the bay mentioned when the problems from the after math ar mentioned?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2014, 10:49:17 am »

It's like the difference in anger if someone punched you in the face as opposed to punching your mother in the face. Both are anger but they are fundamentally different. Also, not to question your setting (which I think is fantastic) but didn't the youngest prince of the Southern Isles commit treason? The fact that he wasn't executed on the spot by ether kingdom (considering they are on good enough terms to be inviting princes to a coronation) is, I must say, mindbogglingly lenient.
Anger is anger. There's really not that much fundamental difference. It's not the origin, it's the journey. Or maybe the destination? I'm pretty sure journey fits better with the metaphor, but that might just be my point of view.
I disagree purely stat-wise the destination is the same for all emotions. It's the origin that matters. Like how if you killed someone because they stole your girlfriend and if you shot someone pointing a gun at you. One is murder the other is self-defense but they both end with the guy dead. Plus, isn't your Catalyst Emotion supposed to be symbolically connected to your Element? I think that the desire to protect someone fits crystal better then anger or rage.
Alright. The destination is the action you take because of the emotion, right?
The origin is the difference between the two emotions of "Guardian Whatever" and "Anger/Rage," but the journey between them and the destination is essentially the same. This journey, this state of mind, is what affects your mind enough that you can't use magic.
They are.

Hey GWG. Just a thought, why aren't the problems in the bay mentioned when the problems from the after math ar mentioned?
The frozen fjord, you mean? Well, I can't imagine there were any issues from that that weren't A. local and B. overshadowed by the other problems.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2014, 10:58:42 am »

The bay didn't under go massive amounts of flooding then?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2014, 11:13:41 am »

Why would it? All the snow pretty much vanished.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2014, 11:16:03 am »

Then why did the snow affect the crops so much in a period of about 48 hours?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 90