Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ☼Nashonrimtar Alnis - tales of the bloody banner☼  (Read 2820 times)

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Nashonrimtar Alnis - tales of the bloody banner☼
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 10:04:04 pm »

Civil Report

- Food - we have hunger problems now and then but it isn't that serious. Our population is fairly stable now with less immigrants and nobody is dying or really even near dying. Temporary problems can be solved by some slaughtering but we need to think about expanding our farms.
- Booze - same as above. No dying of thirst but sometimes dwarves complain about lack of alcohol and last winter was especially harsh with frozen water. Solution would be expanding our farms and more trade for food and animals.
- Metal industry - working well. We made our first bunch of iron axes and breastplatesf from purchased industry. No luck finding metal in our own lands but soon we'll look at our northern borders, closer to mountains.
- Gem industry - going great. We have much supplies and are constantly shaping them for trade.
- Stone industry - a lot of good quality crafts on their ways to other lands.

- Justice - not many problems, no bodies drained out of blood. We have mad dwarves now and then but nothing that we can't handle.

Military report

- We have more and more fun with goblins, thieves and especially freezer thieves who cause a lot of trouble with chasing them all around.
- None of the ambushes and sieges were actually potentially destructive. Even if we lose some dwarves, we're still prevailing.
- Our squads are fully equiped with armors, mainly leather ones but this will change as our metal industry is expanding.
- Traps - are going to be set up in several places soon.

Summary: while I am making progress on the civil level, the game is getting more fun with attacks all the time. Right now it's not really anything I can't handle but I want to see what the world has for me yet!

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 12:23:50 pm »

Rith Mothramudir

With my first entry as the new mayor I regret to announce that our beloved Kol Uzolimik was killed by a Frost Giant. My first decision as new mayor is to make a tomb for her and commemorate her the way that she deserves.

I have to report also that after Kol Uzolimik's death several dwarves went berserk causing some deaths among our population but all of them were fairly quickly killed by our soldiers.

Sigun Sherelerith

Our people found that Rith Mothramudir was not going to commemorate Kol Uzolimik enough, so they chose me to be their mayor. The tomb is going to be twice the size of Rith's one and filled with statues and thrones. Also, a special Edict has been issued calling her "Mother of us all" and encouraging everybody to follow her footsteps.

Thieves are more and more bold. Attacks of 6 or more orcs at the same time are now common.

Banik Omtugmugshith

Since Sigun Sherelerith have died out of her wounds received during the fight against goblins, I was elected to take his place. My first Edict issued will be another law commemorating Kol Uzolimik and calling for her divination. She was surely not only a hero but also a living demi-god.

Kol Uzolimik's Tomb:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 01:41:26 pm »

Banik Omtugmugshith

The bells of Nashonrimtar Alnis rang again as goblins were preparing a second siege. This time, much bigger. There were several groups of them attacking from every direction but mainly from north and south.

Northern group:

Southern group (soonly crashed):

Couple of orc thieves also wanted to make use of the siege:

Goblins shot at defenseless fisherdwarves:

Army to the rescue:

It wasn't an easy battle, especially after losses we suffered during previous attacks and the great burning of our forests. The enemies kept coming and they were countless. But we resisted bravely.

Goblins are no match for dwarven bravehearts!

We killed at least a dozen already but they keep coming!

Eral Saramrozsed jumped in the middle of the battlefield and slain goblins one by one in his bloodsteel armor:

Tonight we dine in hell!

I'm cutting you like sushi and you can't even hurt me you losers! You're even more sissy than elves!

She killed 9 enemies today without even being wounded!

A caravan arrived just in time for some goblin crap!

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:07:05 pm by Ekaton »

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 02:03:06 pm »

Just after we dealt with goblins, orcs came but we slain them all.

Another bloodbath to please Armok

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 03:55:52 pm »

Banik Omtugmugshith

We knew that this day will come! Our final struggle for Nashonrimtar Alnis have begun! As I am writing this dozens of goblins and orcs are storming and attacking drow caravan that just arrived to our depot.

They're simply everywhere!

What the?!

Brave Eral being shot to death by dozens of archers

Soon, every last defender was dead.

They can kill us, they can destroy us, but they won't get Kol's body! It's time to self-destruct!

But hey, what's that? Are goblins running away?
Yeah, the drows are coming to avenge their caravan!

War leopards and spiders

And soon, out of 170 dwarves there are 16, mostly dying from their wounds.

All our hopes and dreams...

...doesn't matter anymore...

...bur our lady...

...and her banner will never die!

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 04:00:17 pm »

Yup, this is the end of Nashonrimtar Alnis - tales of the bloody banner. I struggled for almost 7 years but in the end was defeated by goblins and drows. Could have I survived this attack? Nope, no way. My army of 60 was almost fully equiped with armors and many had one of new iron axes. Several had full iron armor or bloodsteel. Still, most of them died during the first part of the struggle with goblins and others were immediately slaughtered by drows. There was no way I could fight war leopards, spiders, bats and soldiers fully equipped with great weapons and armors.

Perhaps if only I had more time before this fight and if both enemies would not attack at the same time I could survive this. If only more merchants would buy my crafts and I would buy their armors and weapons... but hey... LOSING IS FUN :)
Pages: 1 [2]