Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: You Enter A Room  (Read 11788 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: You Enter A Room
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2014, 01:48:16 am »

YES YES YES KEEP THE CHECK
You can sense a feeling of worry. "So be it."
1d6->6
[+1 luck bonus]
[Perfect roll!! Flawless!]
*Wvio wretches over, a terrible feeling coming over him, he has gained the trait Abominable Aura. And a permanent -10 modifier to all deity interactions.

You puke. A lot. Like, more than a lightweight after a long night of drinking Scotch. You don't even remember eating most of that. You can't help but notice something moving and growing larger!

Arkan the Great

1d6 = 5.

The being stops growing at around 5 feet high. It is scaly, and resembles a Kobold, but much more adorable.

"ArkantheGreatArkantheGreatArkantheGreat"

He must be a horror of some sort, brought about by Wvio's hubris. It calls itself Arkan the Great.

((Damn this updates fast...))
Dave, after snapping out of his ten-minute daze, decides to try Alchemy.
You break yourself from the fear that gripped you, remembering you have a job to do.

You roll to recall your alchemical skills from your past life!
Code: [Select]
Roll(1d100)+0:
27,+0
Total:27
Unfortunately, Dave's previous life consisted of churning butter, and his current life consists of an awfully short-sighted plan to rob things from dark rooms.
*Dave is washed with a feeling of power! He has gained the trait Strong+ and the skill Dreamer

Realize I missed way too much of this, roll to see if I'm also a magician.

"I told you this would happen."

"I know, I know.."

You roll to recall skills!
Roll(1d6)+0:
1,+0
Total:1
[Awful roll bonus!]

You have none! You're a beautiful blank slate, a canvas for the paintbrush of life to cover with the color of experience. Yeah, you have no experience and likely tagged along with this group for little good reason.

Attempt to copy inscription onto some kind of papery surface.
Also check self for paper and pencil.
You attempt to read the inscriptions!
Roll(1d12)+0:
1,+0
Inscriptions roll to defend their hidden power!
Roll(1d12)+0:
11,+0
Total:11
[Critical failure bonus!]

The Ornate Helmet closes, and light permeates the inside! Your head throbs and suddenly you no longer feel the touch of metal on skin. You have joined the helmet in its quest.

*Angel has acquired Cursed Blessed Ornate Full Helmet with Visor, and a cool bar story to go with it.

"To clarify, you now have a semi-sentient helmet attached to your skull."

Continue looking at walls.
You focus and start to search the walls, brick by brick.
Roll(1d6)+0:
2,+0
Total:2
You look at the floor and wonder the meaning of all this. Perhaps you chose the wrong profession? Ever since you were young you remember how much you loved walls. The architecture, the materials.. Maybe your mother-in-law was right..

What do you do?

((There are now traits, and some previously held skills have been moved over. Might do more fine tuning. Difference is, you can invoke skills most of the time, spells anytime [as long as you have the strength to], and traits rarely have ability to be used directly as they are generally passive.))
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 01:50:21 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2014, 01:51:47 am »

Steal some powers from other people so I feel less useless.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2014, 06:59:59 am »

Summon fire in the middle of the room, where all the nice flamable furniture is. Also turn Cromwell into a tiny rat or something with my Abominable Aura.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2014, 07:35:58 am »

Persuade the Elder Council to let me out of this room.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2014, 10:39:33 am »

Continue examining walls.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2014, 10:42:44 am »

Attempt to talk with helmet.

"Hi! I'm Angel. How are you? Do you have a name?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2014, 10:52:34 am »

"Dave won't let history facts semi-omnipotent beings, or logic hold him back!" He will meditate on the forces of the universe hoping to learn their secrets and become an Alchemist/Prophet.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:56:07 am by The Froggy Ninja »

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2014, 01:15:13 pm »

*Stares at Wvivo*

"Mommy?"

Call upon my knowledge of clericly powers

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2014, 04:43:02 pm »

Steal some powers from other people so I feel less useless.
You focus all your chi into leeching your companion's skills!
Roll(1d6)+0:
1,+0
[Minimum roll bonus!]
[Critical Failure]

*Cromwell doubles over, feeling a terrible pain, akin to an ice cream scoop tearing out parts of his mind. First, his family was gone, then his skills, then his memories. When the pain stops there is a numb, hollow feeling. Cromwell has gained the following:
    Skills
    • Unnatural Science
    Spells
    • Drain essence
    Traits
    • Mindless

"Good job! You just drained your own mind."

Summon fire in the middle of the room, where all the nice flamable furniture is. Also turn Cromwell into a tiny rat or something with my Abominable Aura.
You focus and cast Summon Flame in the 'middle of the room, where all the nice flammable furniture is'.
[/list]
Roll(1d20)+0:
5,+0
Total:5

A tiny, flickering flame appears in the center of the room. Floating about 7 meters up, its too high to do much of anything useful. You dispel it and rethink your plan of action.

"Magic is very finnicky about specifics. Remember, you're Summoning Flame. A summoned flame will obey whatever will the caster gives it, fire is like a child and needs to be told exactly what to do." Advises the Council.

"Also, you cannot invoke many traits. Included in that group is Abominable Aura. Think of them as a passive effect." A snide-sounding Councilman mentions.

Persuade the Elder Council to let me out of this room.

"We are the reason you are here and will not entertain such notions, insane or not! Roll a 1d100, mortal."

Continue examining walls.

You stare at the wall!
Roll(1d10)+0:
1,+0
[Minimum roll bonus!]
Wall rolls to save!
Roll(1d10)+0:
2,+0
Total:2
[Equally-as-unimpressive roll bonus!]

You and the wall engage in a staring match. You continue to wonder the viability of this plan.

Attempt to talk with helmet.

"Hi! I'm Angel. How are you? Do you have a name?"
You roll to communicate with Helmet[10 dc!]!
Roll(1d20)+0:
14,+0
Total:14
Helmet rolls to respond in kind!
Roll(1d20)+10:
13,+10
Total:23
[Great roll! Info dump! Special Unlocked!]
*The helmet's visor begins flipping open and closed on its own, almost like a mouth
"I AM DESIGNATED ARMORY UNIT 1-A SERIES 19, I WAS FORGED MILLENIA AGO BY THE GREATEST SMITHS OF THE METAL-FATHER, MY FLESH IS MADE OF THE STRONGEST METEORIC IRONS, OUR MIND IS ETERNAL AND POWERED BY MECHANISMS LOST TO WEAKER PEOPLES. MY TASK IS TO PROTECT MY MASTER, AND IN ORDER TO DO SO, KEEP HIS FOLLOWERS ALIVE. THIS HELMET IS DESIGNATED TO SCOUT GROUP 1, MISSION: INVESTIGATE SOURCE OF REGIONAL ANOMALIES. FIND SURVIVORS OF 1-A DESIGNATION. RECOVER EQUIPMENT.

YOU HAVE BEEN CONSCRIPTED
AND ARE DESIGNATED REGIONAL COMMANDER 1-A, AS I CANNOT FIND ANY LINK TO SENIOR MEMBERS. CONGRATULATIONS, COMMANDER. ACTIVATING ENHANCEMENTS."

*Angel feels the helmet shifting in the back, and a tingling sensation permeates the brain stem, a feeling of strength and energy eminates from this area! 1-A 19 has permanently joined Angel. Till death do us part. Angel has gained the following:
    Spells
    • [1-A 19] Cleanse Toxins
    • [1-A 19] Mend Self
    Traits
    • Enhanced Body

*Stares at Wvivo*

"Mommy?"

Call upon my knowledge of clericly powers
*The Elder Council chimes in
"Horrors cannot be Clerics. No god would accept the abomination you are, aside from the Eldritch Horrors, who have no physical form of worship and therefore give no bonuses to those in this existence. Otherwise we'd probably all be overran with tentacled horrors long before now anyway, weird how the universe works. You are the harbinger of their word, the beacon from which the power of the Insane Gods will shine. You'll find being a scaly horror is skill-set enough."

"Dave won't let history facts semi-omnipotent beings, or logic hold him back!" He will meditate on the forces of the universe hoping to learn their secrets and become an Alchemist/Prophet.

"No do-overs, you gained an extremely exploitable skill and the strength of two gorillas."[/list]
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2014, 05:35:01 pm »

"Um...Okay? Where now?"

Find the 1-A survivors or anomalies or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2014, 06:10:23 pm »

"Dave won't let facts, semi-omnipotent beings, or logic hold him back!" He will meditate on the forces of the universe hoping to learn their secrets and become a Prophet of Hypnos God of Dreams.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2014, 07:30:35 pm »

"Um...Okay? Where now?"

Find the 1-A survivors or anomalies or something.
"ORDER INTERPRETED. INITIATING SCAN, COMMANDER"
Roll(1d6)+0:
4,+0
Total:4
The Ornate Helmet glows a dark amber and whirrs a moment.
Room rolls to deflect scan!
Roll(1d6)+0:
1,+0
[Critical Failure!]
There is a deep rumbling.

"FINALIZING SCAN, COMMANDER. PROCESSING RESULTS..

ROOM OCCUPIED BY 7 ORGANICS, ALL NEAR A MAIN DOORWAY AND THE ADJACENT WALL.  MATHEMATICAL CENTER OF ROOM BEARS A HOLE OF UNKNOWN DEPTH. FARTHEST WALL IS APPROXIMATELY 55 METERS AWAY AND CONTAINS WHAT YOU WOULD REFER TO AS A 'CUBBYHOLE'. NO ANOMALOUS FORCES, ONE UNKNOWN REACTION. ROOM BUILDING MATERIAL UNKNOWN TO ARCHIVE AND IS BLOCKING DEEPER SCANS, CONSIDERING ADDING TO ANOMALY-CLASS MATERIAL.
*An additional round of buzzing is heard
ROOM LIGHT QUOTIENT TOO LOW FOR SEARCH. RECTIFYING WITH EMERGENCY LIGHTING."

*The outside of A-1 19 conjures a deep, yet soft amber lighting, the light mainly emanating from now-clearly-visible etchings.

"Dave won't let facts, semi-omnipotent beings, or logic hold him back!" He will meditate on the forces of the universe hoping to learn their secrets and become a Prophet of Hypnos God of Dreams.
*Dave sits, crossing his legs and impatiently focusing his mind on the universe, hoping to learn its secrets, despite what those bastards at his community college used to tell him. Dreamer skill activates!
Roll(1d6)+0:
3,+0
Total:3
Dreamer re-rolls! [Attempted self-enlightenment bonus roll!]
Roll(1d6)+0:
5,+0
Total:5
*A flash of knowledge washes over Dave. He has learned the spell Project Self!

"Now, to recap."

You are standing in a room. Your team is mostly huddled together near the door and adjacent walls doing random things, attempting to learn magic forbidden to mortal souls, and examining the walls. The room is now clearly lit up thanks to Angel having a shining helmet. The ground and walls surrounding are comprised of bricks. There is much debris on the ground, bones and what you'd expect in such a ominous place. There are very few bodies yet much equipment laying about, doesn't seem like you've been the first to come in here. The center of the room holds only one defining feature, a raised rim with a body of some sort half-dangling down it. Looks like a well, almost. The furthest wall is particularly smooth. The ceiling looks stained, as if there was a fire here at one point. It all seems very, very ancient.

What do you do?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2014, 07:34:57 pm »

"Where's the reaction?"

Examine cubbyhole. Don't fall into real hole.
Sig

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2014, 08:34:05 pm »

As his first act in the name of Hypnos Dave rushes and picks up Arkan and throws him into the pit.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2014, 08:54:59 pm »

"Woah!"

Hit dave with the brick to knock him out.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8