Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Death May Die- Modern Eldritch Action! Room for one more!  (Read 8424 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Death May Die- Modern Eldritch Action!
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2014, 06:57:54 pm »

Benny is your average American jocky.
Really? What kind of horse does he ride?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2014, 10:17:35 pm »

Benny is your average American jocky.
Really? What kind of horse does he ride?

Sarcasticly he rides Frost from Skyrim....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(But seriously whats a jocky? Something with horse-back riding? I meant jock when I said jocky, lol  :P)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2014, 12:29:49 am »

Check to see if they have any identifying symbols or other markings on them. If not head home and see if I can find any info on whatever these things are. After doing some basic first aid on the dogs cut.

"Come on boy let's find out who sent these bastards then we can get you all patched up."

((I assume the guns magically reloaded then?  :D))
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2014, 06:29:08 pm »

...Who are you talking to?

======

Your birds attack the officers in an attempt to disarm them, the current attempt failing as the police look on wide-eyed and confused. The police officer in the middle jumps forward, out of the swarm of incoming birds. He pulls something from his belt- an M84 stun grenade! The enemy of all falcons- the intense light and heat will make them incredibly irritable!

What do you do now?

=============

You walk back along the forest, it feels almost as if it is a completely different place from the one you had entered earlier. The sun had finally set, causing the trees to be cloaked in darkness, save for the few dots of light hinting human habitation. You walk alone on the road now, making good time, your large gun apparently not slowing you down at all.

But you can't find any hint of the monsters. No tracks. No broken twigs. It was if the hounds really had been made out of smoke, if it wasn't for the stinging cut on your arm you may have believed you where imagining things.

You end up retracing your steps to where you found the kid, thinking you may be able to at least follow his paths, when a pair of headlights comes down the road. Two lights, a small distance down the road in front of you. You don't think they have seen you yet....

What do you do now?

============================

That is fine (why does nobody want to use any of the abilities I made?). Do you want to start off fighting something, like right after the kidnapping, or do you want to start off a week afterword trying to follow a lead?

==============

((I assume the guns magically reloaded then?  :D))

Off screen, of course. How often do you usually see action heroes reload their magazines right after a fight?

===================

You wrap a bandage around the dog as it sits still, sterilizing it and slowing what little bleeding there was. That should be good enough for now, at least. Your dog continues to follow you as you check the corpses. You don't find anything obvious, though you do see some stitching between the different parts, like a ragdoll, once you look under the prickle like fur.

You end up going home with no further incident. You do a Google search for pretty much anything you can think of related to the monsters, but get absolutely no information. You end up looking for anything related to the park and see a live camera from the location that you had just battled at. The bodies were gone, there was no longer any trace. There wasn't police tape or anything, someone just put a hotdog cart over the hole in the ground. What happened to the bodies?

What do you do now?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2014, 06:34:16 pm »

"It's a thermal detonator!

Take cover from the impending FALCON RAGE SWARM!

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2014, 02:13:39 am »

((What hole? Did I miss something?))

"Well that's odd even for the supernatural. This means someone with money or power or both wants me dead or captured but most likely dead."

See if I can trace where the server that the camera is controlled and presumably uploading to is. Also check the number of hits on the page.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2014, 07:39:28 am »

(( I'll start off fighting something, because the Glob overlord sent his lesser minions))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2014, 06:35:41 pm »

You jump to the side, over the decorative brick wall and hide your head under your hands. You manage to say a line that takes several seconds to say in a fraction of a second before that, of course. There is a large flash of light, even brighter then the fire still raging on behind you, and a loud "bang". They should call those things boombrights or something.

Immediately after the explosives went off, you can hear the shrieking of your falcons. Temporary blinded, deafened, and incredibly angry, they start tearing apart the yard with the force of a bomb, hitting anything that could get in the way. You see one of the officers knocked down and the other carrying him away with a look of utter panic on his face, with the young officer following a little bit behind. The two middle aged officers drive away in the police car, while the third one gets into a combat crouch and readies his gun, looking around for you.

Your falcons continue to rage in the yard. What do you do now?

Note: I may or may not have confused hawks and falcons several times while writing this. Just noticed I did so in the last one.

=====================

The hole the monster made when it dive bombed you. Not much of a hole, but it took out the grass and would no doubt be noticeable. At least, I am pretty sure that happened.

==============

It takes little effort to find were the camera is controlled, it states it obviously right by the video. The information put up as part of the park program, as part of a study by a university student who is also a political activist with some connections. It was put directly below the normal security camera on the street light. However, there was a small controversy a while back, many people didn't like having a private camera watching them. So in the end it was decided that it was unable to record anything, becoming a live camera only. Any recording it would have would be deleted....but maybe the security camera has something.

You check the number on the page. It is pretty low, just ten views today including your own. It isn't a very popular page, considering there isn't very many reasons to look at a park this time of year. There is a comment section, that suggests most people come on to find lost dogs, see how crowded the park is today, and tourist looking for information about it. It is possible that nobody even saw your battle, which would have been over in minutes.

What do you do now?

==========

Alright, I will try to start you off right.
=====================

You look around the empty street. Something feels off. Nothing felt right since she was taken from you, but this feels especially wrong.

It is raining hard. Thunder makes itself known every few minutes. The rain makes it harder to see, with the world around you being incredibly dark, despite the desperate attempts of the street lights to illuminate the ground below them.

There is a flash of lightning. You see someone. Two people, covered in heavy rain gear, at the end of the street. They are just standing there, motionless. You can't see anything besides the cloths. Once the temporary illumination subsides, you can no longer see them. You continue on your path, ignoring them from now. Another flash. They are illuminated again, this time halfway down the street. You notice now that they are much taller then normal humans-maybe seven feet tall. The light lasts for but a second, you are barley able to see them this time.

You start rushing. You hear a small voice above the pattering of the rain. "Kill him hihihihi....." it whispers harshly....Your instincts only tell you the obvious: Your in danger.

What do you do now?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2014, 06:37:42 pm »

Note: I may or may not have confused hawks and falcons several times while writing this. Just noticed I did so in the last one.
They're quite similar.

Start firefighting with the officer from behind the cover of the wall.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2014, 12:05:35 am »

"Well that was a waste of perfectly good time."

See if I can get into the records for the security camera over the internet. If I can't find out what building the records from the camera would likely be stored in."

((Either I'm being stupid and missing something (and forgot to take one of the bodies with me) or there are very few clues to who tried to kill me))

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2014, 07:16:10 am »

"Damn what are you guys?"

Imeddiately jump and while in middle air use a spin attack!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2014, 11:01:49 am »

...How do you always respond so fast?

=======================

You pull out your revolver and fire twice at the remaining officer. Both bullets fly wide, missing and crashing into the brick wall behind him. He notices you now, and shoots twice with is own pistol. One of the bullets grazes your arm even behind cover, but you only receive a small wound, not even flinching from the impact.

The sound of the battle falcons going wild still fills the battlefield. What do you do now?

==============

((Either I'm being stupid and missing something (and forgot to take one of the bodies with me) or there are very few clues to who tried to kill me))

*Nods*

=====================

You try to hack your way into a secure, closed network from your home computer. It doesn't go well, so you find the building the record is probably located. Themis security, whose main building is in the city. You write down the address, thinking of what you might have to do to get in.

What do you do now?

=======
[/spoiler]

You jump into the air, spinning around with your bat. Rain flies off you like a sprinkler in every direction, but you hit nothing. You see nothing. The rain continues to fall on you, apparently alone in the rain.

What do you do now?

==============

Sorry for not getting to you guys yesterday, ran out of time. Didn't write much this time either, but I couldn't think of how to write more this time...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 11:05:04 am by Stirk »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2014, 11:11:43 am »

Duck off the road. Watch the car go past - memorise the numberplate and the faces of an passengers.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2014, 06:52:16 pm »

Go down to City Hall and see if I can get the records for that building. Lie all I need to if it's needed (which I assume it will)

((Wait were you nodding to both of those comments?))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2014, 06:53:42 pm »

Continue exchanging fire.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12