Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Death May Die- Modern Eldritch Action! Room for one more!  (Read 8435 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Death May Die- Modern Eldritch Action!
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2014, 06:18:17 pm »

((What's wrong with a nice RPG?  :P ))

((..... nothing besides violent murder for anyone behind and and you if you're stupid enough to fire it indoors.  :P))
Why only a .50 caliber? There's bigger rifles available.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2014, 06:21:54 pm »

((..... nothing besides violent murder for anyone behind and and you if you're stupid enough to fire it indoors.  :P))

((okay maybe I should've said man-portable if you go any larger you're looking at something that requires a team to fire or needs to be vehicle mounted and or would break your arm if shot normally that and they're usually 1-shot the barrett isn't and that's half of why I picked it. Now admittedly this game is all about ridiculousness and badassery but I still like the barrett))
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2014, 06:28:14 pm »

((okay maybe I should've said man-portable if you go any larger you're looking at something that requires a team to fire or needs to be vehicle mounted and or would break your arm if shot normally that and they're usually 1-shot the barrett isn't and that's half of why I picked it. Now admittedly this game is all about ridiculousness and badassery but I still like the barrett))
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.950_JDJ

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2014, 06:34:24 pm »

((WHO NEEDS A GUN/BULLET THAT BIG!!!. Also the article does point out you need special rests and dampeners and padding to fire the thing without breaking your shoulder making usable pretty much only on gun ranges. Still it is an awesome bullet))Edit: Sorry had to fix that I typed in gun without thinking.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 06:37:11 pm by zacen299 »
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2014, 06:37:07 pm »

((WHO NEEDS A GUN THAT BIG!!!. Also the article does point out you need special rests and dampeners and padding to fire the thing without breaking your shoulder making usable pretty much only on gun ranges. Still it is an awesome gun))
((Nobody who has a falcon, that's who.))

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2014, 06:38:51 pm »

((WHO NEEDS A GUN THAT BIG!!!. Also the article does point out you need special rests and dampeners and padding to fire the thing without breaking your shoulder making usable pretty much only on gun ranges. Still it is an awesome gun))

((I swear if you end up with as big of a party killcount as OMH had I might have to track you down and punch you in the face IRL.))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2014, 06:42:17 pm »

((I swear if you end up with as big of a party killcount as OMH had I might have to track you down and punch you in the face IRL.))
((I'll sic my falcon on you before you can :D.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2014, 06:42:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You explore the rest of the house-two more doors and an attic to go. You break open one door with a flying-jump kick (Still unlocked.), but find it just as empty as the other rooms. The only thing noticeable is "The Ride of the Valkyries" playing on repeat. Nothing. You walk down the hallway and break down the last door, using a sweep kick, sending it spiraling open. Once again dust dances around...an empty room. There is an empty fire place in the middle, and when you look at it for more then five seconds a screaming face of a man on fire appears, gnashing out and calling for help, but other then that it is a normal room. Boring.

You finally find the ladder leading to the attic, in the corner of the empty room. The ladder is rickety and dusty-the first step you take breaks the latter thing that you step on. The rest manage to stay in place as you make your way to the pitch dark attic. There is a brief flash of electricity, lighting the room in blue light. You manage to see something written on the wall in what appears to be particularly dark cool aid- "Torn Back" or something. Not much else in here, even if you could see anything.

It seems like the only interesting thing in here was the brain in a jar that you killed.

What do you do now?

======================

Sure, go ahead and join. Do you want to "fall into" something or start hunting something?

===========================

You approach the ship-that only seems to look in greater disrepair and cheaper as you approach, with obviously rusting machinery, fishing nets full of holes, and barnacles down the side. The men on deck don't aren't in much better condition. Each is wearing ragged work cloths fit for the weather, mostly T-shirts with random phrases or advertising on them, random holes in random places. They were eating fish themselves, likely something they managed to catch.

You approach them, finding the ship smelling strongly of fish and sweat. You start speaking to them, causing their eyes to go to you, then your clipboard.

"Shark activity?" one of the men stated. He looked like the oldest, he had a shaggy beard with dots of gray in it, with a baseball cap on his head. His voice was raspy, not helped by the cheap cigarette he had in his hand. "Only if you promise to kill those bastards." he continued, inhaling deeply on the nearly-spent smoke. "Driving my livelihood away. Ive been fishing for twenty years in these parts, made good money till about five years ago. Some rat bastard working in tourism brought in a bunch of sharks for the 'environment' or some shit. There ain't a quarter of the fish there used to be any more, and all so those asses in the tourism board can get another dollar with reef trips." he continued, before biting into his fish.

What do you do now?

==============

You successfully cut off the wound, feeling the sting of your knife in your own arm. You successfully dress your own wound as the boy's  progressively, if slowly, worsen. Now with a bandaged arm, you take some painkillers, and find yourself wishing you had taken them before cutting into yourself. Looking at the lump of dead flesh, you see all the flies shooed off the boy crawling around what used to be part of your arm, it was starting to look like the flies would devour it before it had a chance to vanish itself.

What do you do now?

=============

No backblast rules. Have you ever seen anyone killed by backblast in an action movie? Besides, isn't that what the Armbrust was made for?

=========

"Oh great, I am finally done writing after this long wall of text....

Warning - while you were typing 10 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post
........."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2014, 06:42:43 pm »

This kinetic energy would allow the .950 JDJ to pass through several body-armored humans. It is comparable to the original tank rounds of World War I in terms of ballistics.
Jegus
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2014, 06:46:56 pm »

I'd prefer to start with hunting something. Also that comment about the number of posts made me laugh far harder than it probably should've.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2014, 06:51:56 pm »

"Damn! They must be keeping it elsewhere. I'll have to do some sleuthing!"

To the nearest cable station! That's where all the Scientologists like to hang out.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2014, 07:04:20 pm »

"Huh, that's a waste... looks like it didn't work out for them anyway.  Good luck."

Lang leaves and heads over to the ship with the people in it. 

"This ship going out?  There another space on it?"

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2014, 07:08:55 pm »

Spoiler: Fixed Stats (click to show/hide)

Taking a closer look, Alfred searched for any clue in the workmanship of the stone. How were the lines carved, how deep, what kind of tools and which material for them would come into question. Any discrepancies to be found there? Next would be the material of the centerpiece, and - while carved skulls were quite common for many indiogen cultures - the rather odd display of it screaming would also be a point of notice. Was there truly no pattern to the presumed lake or puddle at all? Maybe a reference to the common myth of beginning - the ocean that gave birth and the four holy directions and guardians? There were many hints to follow, before he would think of even coming close to a solution.

After gathering a closer first impression, and forming a picture of the situation, some questions of note were in order. Questions that just might complete the puzzle - or scatter the pieces further.
"Well, this certainly seems odd. The interesting way of odd. You got any carbon data yet, or any findings from the grave goods to pin them to a specific era? Any specifics in how the mummies were treated which would be contrary to the given customs? Anything else of note?"

(Examine the Stone for any hints. Ask for anything regarding the whole operation that could be counted as such.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2014, 08:31:10 pm »

Ah, I should probably phrase that better. What I meant was do you want to intentionally get involved, finding a small hint of what is going on, or do you want to start by being attacked?

====================

You walk out of the house, the chanting finally stopping. You find yourself humming the tune to yourself, it was rather catchy. Like how you are going to catchy whoever stole your items!
Now, to find a nearest cable station! You rush back to your house and turn on the television, flipping through the channels. Station 1: Static. Station 2: Wishbone the dog reading Call of Cthulhu. You stop to look at the little dog in a tentacle outfit. Cute. Station 3: A girl standing in a field. BINGO!

"...And everything you ever imagined is possible" the televisions states, as you yell at it to give you answers. Before you can attack it, your door bursts open. Somebody hit it open with an uppercut. Looking toward the door, you see a a man who looks almost exactly like Tom Cruise, wearing a white long coat and sunglasses. He walks aggressively for a few steps before he starts punching your floor. "LETS SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT!" He yells, as your floor starts to give away.

What do you do now?

=======================

The fishermen wave goodbye and get back to their lunches with disinterest. You quickly return to your car and rush over to the tourist docks, hoping to make it before the ship leaves.

You manage to reach the dock just as the last few people were entering the ship, which looks even more majestic up close. In polar opposite to the fishing boat, it was shinny and new. Almost everything on it looks as if it had never been used, the workers are all young and smartly dressed, and rich-looking tourist walked around it in swimwear.

You rush toward it, walking over a wooden dock that is also new and in good condition. You wave forward for one of the workers, a young man, to talk to.

"The ship is about to leave, I am afraid I can't let you on, sir. My apologize." he states, politely. "Even if you were to pay now, I couldn't let you on. There is a pile of paper work that has to be done for each person on that boat. Insurance reasons, mostly, as well as liability forms and other things our lawyers insist on. If you wish to use our services, you will have to sign up for our six o'clock run and seafood buffet, if we end up having it tonight. It is a somewhat slow day today...." he stated, looking back at the yacht that seems to be filled almost to the brim. "Well, comparatively, for how nice it is." he continues, looking back. He then points toward a building, up past the docks. It is almost a beach house, rich and expensive looking. "You don't even have to call, you could sign up in person since you are already here." he then turned back, seeing the last passenger get on the boat. "Im sorry, sir, but I have to get back to work..." he finishes, as he enters the yacht himself.

What do you do now?

You examine the stone closely. The lines were carved with simple tools that you would expect this tribe to have. You notice that it was done incredibly skilfully, the stone is almost unnaturally smooth to the touch. The lines were not deep, maybe a sixteenth of an inch thick, but were often rather wide. All in all, there was nothing else strange about the construction of the stone.

The scientist watches patiently and intently as you examine the wall. He answers your question, after a brief pause to think. "Ve have not received any carbon data yet. Ve have only recently received permission to work with the graves, it is fortunate that this tribe was relatively small no longer in existence, as well of being almost unknown, and this research incredibly beneficial, or ve may have not gotten permission to work here at all. The wall seems impossible to chip-try as I might, I could not get a decent sample off it, for all the good that would do. From vhat we can tell, however, the tomb appeared first. The placement of the graves suggested they decided to build with this as a center. The mummies all died from causes we would expect, though the ritual itself is strange for this area. No close tribes have this custom, however ve believe this tribe originated as a group of exiles from a tribe much closer to the Atlantic who they share many cultural similarities with. They don't build tombs like this down there, either. " he said, often slipping into his accent for brief periods of time.

It was at this time that you are interrupted by one of the workers. "The machines you ordered are almost here, Sir." he states, wiping sweat off his head. "We can see the sand being kicked up from here." he stated. The scientist dismissed him with a wave of his hand, before turning back to you. "Perhaps seeing the inside would make things make more since, yes?" he states, before turning around. "Pack everything up, make room for the machines!" he ordered, which was almost immediately followed, with people taking down the shade-giving tarps.

What do you do now?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2014, 08:33:38 pm »

"GIVE ME BACK ME BIRDIES, TOM CRUISE!"

ENGAGE OPERATION BIRDEMIC!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12