Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Death May Die- Modern Eldritch Action! Room for one more!  (Read 8419 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Death May Die- Modern Eldritch Action!
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2014, 06:39:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You duck off the road, hiding in a nearby bush the best you can. The headlights get closer, pointing away from you as they turn the corner. The source of the lights is a van, pure black with tinted windows. You try to look at the license number, but the plate is covered with a garbage bag. It passes in seconds, moving along just as swiftly as it came.

What do you do now?

================

((Wait were you nodding to both of those comments?))

*Shrugs*
===============

You enter your car, your dog following after you and taking the passenger seat. Seeing as you are entering an important city building, you conceal your Beretta on your person, hiding your sniper rifle in your car. You then drive down to the city hall, facing almost no traffic. It seems the streets are empty this time of day.

Soon you arrive at the ornate city hall, a relatively large building with domed roofs. It almost felt like a church, with historic artifacts lining the walls giving off an air of importance. There where a few people walking about, but the general tone of the place seems empty. In front of you is a secretary's desk, with a middle aged woman playing games on her I-phone in front of a desk and computer.

What do you do now?

===================

*Pwww!* You fire your last bullet at the police officer, hitting him square in the chest. He recoils slightly, as you pull out a quick loader, filling your gun back up in the blink of an eye. Looks like he is wearing a bullet proof vest, and tough too.

The officer grinds his teeth as he returns fire, *PtwwwPtww*! One bullet crashes into the wall around you, sending up a cloud of crushed brick, while the other misses by a greater margin and flies over your head.

Finally, you can hear the cry of calmed falcons, their hearing, eyesight, and general non-murdernss finally returning. You can now command and use them again, the little loss of hearing and eyesight left made up for by the advantage of surprise.

What do you do now?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2014, 07:10:04 pm »

Send the falcons on him, and shoot him in the head while he's distracted.

Eldritch Cops and Robbers, anyone?

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2014, 07:59:42 pm »

Try to bluff my way into getting the plans from the secretary. If I can't start trying to figure out where the records are stored and if there is any way to get to them unobtrusively.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2014, 08:07:30 pm »

Head the opposite way from the van.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2014, 06:39:34 pm »

Well it wasn't until you VIOLENTLY MURDERED TOM CRUISE FOR ABSALUTLY NO REASON. Besides, you never actually robbed anyone.

=================

The falcons head to your command, swarming like bats out of the courtyard and onto the cop from behind. They swarm around him, slicing their menacing claws, but he manages to doge out of the cloud by hitting the ground at an incredible speed. It does detract him, giving you the perfect chance to shoot his head!

*Click*..........Misfire. (Roll 100! Yay~!) You quickly remove the defective bullet, preparing for the next motion when you hear the click of a Glock 19 being cocked behind your head. "Don't move. Your under arrest." a female voice states behind you.

What do you do now?

===============

You tell a series of masterful lies to the secretary, flowing with the conversation amazingly. The general outline is that you are a private eye working in the city, who was hired to find a teenage runaway. Your sources told you she was in the park at a certain time, and you wanted to confirm this with security cameras, to see what friends she was collaborating with. The secretary ended up giving you access to whatever you needed, as well as assistance from the security guards if you need it or want it, and a promise to not tell anyone you where here.

You find the security room easily enough, having been given the instructions. The room is unlocked, the secretary informing the guards of your arrival before hand. You enter the room. It feels relatively small and cramped, with scarcely enough room for the black and white security screens that line the walls, pointing at nothing in particular. There are two uniformed guards sitting at the desk, messing with some objects on the screen.

"Ah, there you are." one states, without looking up. "We got the tape right here. I was just about to play it, but I guess I could make a copy if you need one. Just in case, just don't tell anyone we let you in here. Probably make would somebody angry."

What do you do now?

============

You return to the path, hurrying along in the direction you saw the van come from. It looks like the corner it took leads to a scarcely used dirt road. You follow this side road, wide enough for one car, as it twists like a snake through the trees. You don't find anything strange about the particular road, and after a few minutes of walking you make it to a relatively small house at the end of it. A one-story house like you might find in the suburbs, with an old pickup truck in front of the garage. The lights are all off, giving the appearance of a normal sleeping home this time of night.

What do you do now?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2014, 06:40:52 pm »

Plead insanity!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2014, 08:00:44 pm »

Explore around the house.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2014, 08:30:02 pm »

((Did that bluff take a roll or did you just take pity on me))

"Thanks guys I think it would be more helpful to get a copy. You could get in trouble if I'm in here too long some people might not understand. Right?"

Wait for them to copy the tape keeping ready for a fight in-case I'm being set up.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2014, 05:51:10 pm »

Alright, finished the essay. Back to work!
Name: Old Man Bridger
History: -Engaging First-person Monologue-
It was a cold gray September morning when I came outside to realize it had been taken. My entire collection of vintage lawn ornaments, stolen in the night! I knew it was those damned religious nuts over in the building down the road. Damned crazy scientologists over there were always parading about with rare lawn statues and such. They took my '97, my '86, even my '53 collectors' flamingo! I knew something had to be done. A man doesn't take another man's decorations. That's a capital crime in Florida, and this place sure is sunny. I strapped on my glove and picked up my gun, and headed down the road.
Items:
Leather Glove, Black Fedora, Gray Wifebeater, Pink Bathrobe, Gray Cargo Pants, Pink Bunny Slippers, ID Card, Wallet, '90s cell phone, Bottle of Whiskey, .357 S&W Magnum(2d6), Combat Knife(LW,1d6), Sasha, Celine, Mr. Smith, Eric Clapton, Joan, Bill Nye, Henderson, Little Joe  (Combat Fitted) (Sub machine gun 1d10)
Guns: 20
Melee: 10
Agility: 35
Knowledge: 10
Charisma: 15
Abilities:
Duel Wield

"You don't plead to the cops, you plead to the court." The woman stated, still holding the gun to your head, as two young officers wrestle you to the ground and put you in handcuffs, removing your revolver. You are then lead to a police car, the gun still planted firmly to the back of your head.

Do you resist, getting the cops as your eternal foes but giving you a chance of escape, or do you surrender, bringing you to court? What do you do?

===============================

You walk up to the front door, prepared to act at a moments notice if you are attacked. You find nothing out of the ordinary, with no hints of any attack. You open the front door with little trouble, it is even unlocked. The first room is a small living room, with a well worn couch sitting in front of an old box-style television. Even in the dark light, you can see there is not much else. Carefully, you move to the hallway, a narrow room with a thin carpet and several piles of random objects lying on the floor. You make your way to the first door, carefully preparing to open it.

You slam it open, hoping to find nothing. The second you open the door you are temporarily blinded by a massive swarm of flies buzzing out of the room, dozens slamming against your body harmlessly and flying to the floor. In a few seconds the swarm is gone, buzzing out the door behind you. The room itself seems to be a bedroom, a simple king size bed is perfectly made below a family photo, showing the child you saw earlier below his two parents.

What do you do now?

================

You got a decent role and your the only person who hasn't dumped their charisma stat. You can block bullets with a sword at 30 Melee if your lucky, you should be able to at least get a tape with 30 charisma.

===========================

The security guards rolls over to part of the machine over by the wall, pulling out a VHS tape, rolling back on his wheelie chair to hand it to you. "Ah, no trouble. It isn't like we have a lot of oversight, nobody checks on us or anything. Only time anyone comes over is when a cop needs the tapes, and even then they give us a ton of warning to make sure we get everything right for prosecution. Hope it helps, good luck!" he states, before rolling back over to the screens.

What do you do now?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2014, 05:54:07 pm »

I go to court. Then I call an attorney and attempt to get my birds into the jury.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2014, 06:28:18 am »

(( Huh. Well I'm just used to everything going wrong so excuse the paranoia. Also two questions what does the gun reaction ability even do? And what would max charisma allow you to get away with anyways?))

Head back home and watch the tape.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2014, 05:50:23 pm »

You are pulled off into the police car and thrown into the local jail. You demand a lawyer, choosing one "H-Birdman" for luck, hoping he would be able to get your birds on the jury. After one incredibly interesting conversation where you promise to pay in used Walmart coupons, eventually settling on paying him in Spanish Dabloons. You are kept in a small cell for a day before your lawyer managed to call you back.

He had run into some problems. Mecha-falcon can't be on the jury because he is registered as an illegal alien, citing being from space as an issue. Most of the rest of your falcons are also ineligible for the jury. Sasha and Celine are currently the governor of a small state most people don't know about, Mr.Smith is a retired police officer, Bill Nye is currently imprisoned for something unspeakable, Eric Clapton and Joan are registered as disabled in order to sue some rich guy for large sums of money, and Little Joe only speaks Esperanto. Henderson was the only one capable of actually serving, and you did manage to get him on duty.

What do you do now?

===========

Of course everything is going right. Just keep believing that.

Gun reactions block the enemy attack with guns. Usually by shooting it. This is the most difficult reaction, but the easiest to get extra effects with. So far, Bridger was actually able to accomplish this with his falcons, but that was mostly because he managed to roll a 1.

Max charisma (If you managed to get it to the max of 100+ abilities) would probably be capable of convincing a group of Deep Ones shooting at you to retire from their ways and dedicate their life to helping orphans about 40% of the time. So a lot. Of course, "getting away" with things isn't always a good thing....

=============================

You thank the security guards, walking out of the building with no problem. Your loyal dog looks up at you as you open your car, slowly wagging its tail in greeting. You turn on your car, pulling out with little difficulty. The road has a bit more people then when you came in, but is still easily navigable, and you get back home in no time.

You find your dusty old VHS player and hook it up to your TV, preparing a nice spot on the couch to watch what might be a lot of incredibly boring footage of a park before getting to what you need. You put in the tape, sit back on the couch, pick up the remote and hit play, your gun and dog sitting on either side of you ready in case of any attack.

The image of the park appears on the screen. It is a bit higher then the other camera, showing the few people below at a high angle, able to make out their faces just barley. Nothing much happens for the first few minutes, and you consider just fast forwarding, but you would like to know if they showed up before you did. Still, not much happens. A man walks by with a suitcase. A woman walks by with a purse dog on a leash. Every once and a while, there is a bit of static filling the screen, and everyone seems to walk backwards for a few seconds, but it might just be your old VHS acting up. It isn't a big distraction, just the video rewinding and returning. A group of young joggers run by, then backwards, then by again. The static seems to get steadily worse as the video goes on, it is getting harder to watch. A group of children with a large dog pass by. Then back. Then by again, followed by a parent. Finally you show up, then walk of screen, and back on again, as static fills the screen completely....

You glare at the static, trying to make anything out. You can't see anything useful...but you think you can see the outline of a face in the static, like an Opera mask. No, it really is there. A mask made out of static, on your television screen. You grab at your gun for solace, but find the location your gun should be empty. Looking at your couch, you don't see anything. No couch, no gun, only a black nothingness. You see only black in every direction but in front of you, your television with a single static face looking back at you.

"Congratulations on your survival. You should have just let it go. You should have just let it go. You should have just let it go." a deep voice states, covered in deep static as if it was pure static attempting to mimic a human speaking. You can hardly make out the words, but each one echoes about the dark emptiness around you.

What do you do now?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2014, 06:24:58 pm »

Search the room for any cultist materials. Check the other rooms.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2014, 06:30:03 pm »

Attend trial.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2014, 08:15:39 pm »

((Wait what would've happened if I watched the tape there? Were they eldritch beings in disguise or would they have died for my stupidity.))

"Well shit.

"Stand up and start walking into the darkness. Even if it kills me I think it's better than pleading with whatever tried to kill me.

((And honestly if they didn't want me to investigate WHY THE HELL DID THEY TRY TO KILL ME IN THE FIRST PLACE!))
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12