Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sneak Attacks + Child Labor = Easy times  (Read 4011 times)

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sneak Attacks + Child Labor = Easy times
« on: February 07, 2014, 05:23:27 pm »

So I was able to sneak attack in the crack house until I became Liberal Elite - then I recruited Hippies to do the same.  After that we'd all hit up the Chemical factory for free child laborers to sell drugs for us/die for the liberal cause in suicide attacks. 

Sneak Attacked Gang Members supply us with guns/ammo. 

Is sneak attack meant to be this OP?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Sneak Attacks + Child Labor = Easy times
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 08:15:41 pm »

Sneak attacks are amazing in raids, but you will want some firepower for when YOU get raided because even with a maxed out Founder a stray bullet by a Navy SEAL can wreck their day.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 09:35:32 pm »

You also can't use sneak attacks in car chases.

Also note that gang members don't wear body army to protect stabby locations.  Soldiers, SEALs, and others do (although cop armor doesn't protect the head, so enjoy stabbing their eyes to death!).

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 09:54:59 pm »

Actually, with enough knife skill you can slash multiple times to break their armor. But still is the saying ""Don't bring a knife to a gunfight." Although superhuman agility and dodge skills will allow you to evade shots, the sheer spam will cause the RNG to screw you over.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 12:26:37 am »

Its hilarious how you feel you are doing well with sneak attack only to be discovered and stomped on like a bug. A knife to the head isnt as good as 3 rounds rapid

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 02:07:20 am »

No I've definitely found sneak attacks to be more powerful than any other weapon. Driving is also an AGI based skill so any stealth knifer can also handle a car chase.

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 06:54:19 pm »

I feel like you guys didn't read my post at all - I'm not saying sneak attacks are the best weapon ever - I'm saying they're over powered for a founder to juice up.  It's fast and you don't get a criminal record.

I juiced up with sneak attack then recruited 12 hippies - they did the same and now I can mass-recruit hordes of child labor to fight LCS's fights for us.

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 03:28:14 am »

It's much harder to get your Juice to 1000 with guns. And if you do expect to deal with the monstrous criminal record and heat that comes with it.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 09:23:35 pm »

It's fast and you don't get a criminal record.
Yes you do, I just tested it (in 4.07, the one from the sticky) and unless you're playing some later version, sneak attacks earn you an armed assault charge. Get enough of those and you'll spend a couple of years in jail even with a Liberal Attorney.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 09:38:28 pm »

A successful sneak attack doesn't add to your criminal record in version 4.07.3 (Just tested). After all, there are no witnesses >=D

But yeah. Maybe sneak attacks should give less juice and have a juice cap? After all, it's kind of underhanded.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 11:35:51 pm »

A successful sneak attack doesn't add to your criminal record in version 4.07.3 (Just tested). After all, there are no witnesses >=D

But yeah. Maybe sneak attacks should give less juice and have a juice cap? After all, it's kind of underhanded.

Something on the order of capped at 500?  Still effective as most activities cap at 200, tops, but not unlimited.  Going out and publicly defying Conservatives is really Juicy.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 12:46:25 am »

I have to agree. Otherwise you could just grind yourself to 1000 in 100 days scot-free while the alternative of doing major activities and murder aren't viable.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 09:18:15 am »

On the other hand, juicing up via sneak attack instead of gunplay means you're missing out on all the skill gains in the weapons skills you'll be using to defend yourself from the Conservative Hordes.

Plus, isn't it more liberal to use puny knives instead of conservative guns?

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 10:53:48 pm »

I agree with the 500 Juice cap. Knife skills are awesome and I have stealth'd myself out of a raid before. Using knives instead of guns is very liberal, the problem is with stabbing people in the back. Maybe there should actually be a juice bonus for bringing a knife to a gunfight, and winning. I hear swords are pretty strong already.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 02:17:13 am »

Damn, here I was hoping he was carrying a child and used its body for a sneak attack.
That would be awesome dorfy LIBERAL!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: [1] 2