Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Into Empty Skies - [1][6][Hilarity ensues]  (Read 21939 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Into Empty Skies - where the dice hate you, guise
« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2014, 09:20:58 am »

Continue to GTFO.

Do this.

By the way, Charleston wonders:
- Have you ever seen anything like that, mister Wilkinson? I mean, something like those round objects tossed into the water from the aft of that ship over there?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2014, 02:15:32 pm »

"I dare say I haven't, sah. But maybe... When I was in my youth, the fishermen would set out traps for crabs, with a large bobber on the top to locate the trap when they go back out. Those seem like larger versions. But I don't think they're here to catch fish..."

Wilkinson ponders the situation for a moment, before coming to said realization. He then increases speed to get back. We must return with this information!
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2014, 02:38:02 pm »

DP? I can haz action and then we all can haz updaet?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2014, 02:48:03 pm »

"You alright there, Kelly?"
Try to fly so as to avoid enemy fire.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 05, 2014, 05:04:48 pm »

Gunner #2

Get back in and open fire. Short burst, I don't want to knock myself out over the other side.

((Really, we probably are one of the world's most incompetent yet lucky air forces.

Anyway, that's either a mine laying apparatus, or a depth-bombing installation. You're seeing in the distance))
deprived of communication hardware.
Option #3, fine gentlemen and women. I've been gone for 3-4 days on a trip with my school with absolutely no internets whatsoever. But I'm back now. Thank you to Remuthra for the DPT turn and I'm sorry for any inconvenience I've caused.

Steady the plane to allow Robert back in. If he gets back in, combat the enemy plane once again.
[4] Delia hastily tilts the plane to the other side while taking it around in a circle above the airstrip. Robert drops back in, plonking headfirst into his seat, his gun clutched in his hands.
[2] While he reorients himself butt-down, swearing like a drunken sailor, the Kite takes off and sets course for the bomber. Robert fires a short burst after it in frustration, but misses.
Delia takes the plane on another curve around the barracks and the airstrip, and gets another look at the strange emplacements on the shore. Those could be mortars, but by their mountings and the length of their barrels, as well as the fact that they are pointing straight up... well, you can point mortars like that too... Well, let's just say that she has some doubts.

Height: 100 m
Speed: 65 km/h
Fuel: 2 hrs 50 mins
Ammo: 6 mags

Bomber:
"You alright there, Kelly?"
Try to fly so as to avoid enemy fire.
"Fuck, my face!"Furiously attempt to fix fuel tank and patch plane.
[dogfight roll: 6 vs 2] Theo aims the boat straight at the enemy as if to ram them, then jerks it sharply up and to the side as the enemy gunner panics. The heavy rifle barks loudly, but to no effect.
However, the increased stress on the plane's frame reveals the cause of the sag in the fuselage. See, the fuselage of the DN-3 - the boat - is composed of six wooden beams converging fore and aft, and four wooden ribs that go parallel to the beams. Over that, it's covered with wood laminate planking. And now one of the beams has broken: a bullet hit it before, and the stress of the sudden turn snapped it. One jagged end has ripped through the planks. Only one has fallen out, but the hole is still rather considerable. This is gonna cause problems on landing.
Kelly checks the fuel tank - nothing to be done here: the bullet entered through the bottom and exited through the cap. The fuel from the right tank is gone now, spilled all over everywhere.
[5] With the aid of his repair kit, Kelly quickly patches the hole in the boat, putting the beam back together with bicomponent epoxy resin (that shit is tough) and slapping a patch over the whole mess.
The Kite is kinda on your tail now. The gunner desires to introduce your brains to an outskull environment.

Height: 20 m
Speed: 70 km/h
Fuel: 1 hr 25 mins
Ammo: 6 5kg, 2 10kg

Gunner #1:
Continue to GTFO.
Continue to GTFO.

Do this.

By the way, Charleston wonders:
- Have you ever seen anything like that, mister Wilkinson? I mean, something like those round objects tossed into the water from the aft of that ship over there?

Seeing as the Kite's busy, Wilkinson and Spade take the opportunity to piss off. The fuel does last, and the Peregrine is soon in view. Wilkinson lowers altitude and goes for landing.
Well, the boat doesn't turn over, so that's a plus. What it does, however, is raise a huge wave of water with its prow, soaking both aviators and more importantly, the already overheated engine, which promptly explodes. The aviators are unharmed, but the upper wing breaks in two and collapses around them. Before you ask, yes, I rolled for all of this.
The bits of wing are quickly shoved into the water, some tow lines are thrown from the ship, as well as a rope ladder. The captain is up there, smoking a foul Abesheni cigar. He raises an eyebrow at you.

And where are the others? Don't tell me it was that bad...

A band of techs is fixing the plane to a divot to raise it up onto the deck.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:05:14 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2014, 05:59:27 pm »

"Heads up - possible AAA on the shore and a Kite headed for the bomber!"

Head back around to engage the Kite.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2014, 07:08:45 pm »

"We ran into a spot of trouble, sah, but our information will be invaluable. The others should be on our tail, but they took the term 'reconnaissance' a bit liberally."

wrong out my sopping uniform, and look for some dry clothes.
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2014, 08:25:14 am »

"We ran into a spot of trouble, sah, but our information will be invaluable. The others should be on our tail, but they took the term 'reconnaissance' a bit liberally."

wrong out my sopping uniform, and look for some dry clothes.

The captain glances at your busted plane, which has just been raised up on the deck. One corner of his mouth quirks up wryly.

I think I can see that, yes. So, what did you see, then? How many ships? Shore defences? Any confirmed kills? There's a bonus for those, you know.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2014, 09:19:03 am »

- That... was... AWESOME!
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2014, 09:59:19 am »

"Combat report, you say, sah? Well, let me give you the overview. The enemy has artillery emplacements along the ridge line there, if you hadn't noticed before, around twenty of them. We did a pass over their main lines, and shot up one of their Kites. That's another thing, sah - they appear to have an airfield with a couple of Kites, while we managed to shoot down one. On our way out  due to some... Engine difficulties... We noticed a peculiar sight. There was an enemy ship, in the harbor, with a rack of large items in the back. As if they were meant to be put into the water..."

As Wilkinson says this, he looks questioningly at the officer.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2014, 12:18:26 pm »

"Combat report, you say, sah? Well, let me give you the overview. The enemy has artillery emplacements along the ridge line there, if you hadn't noticed before, around twenty of them. We did a pass over their main lines, and shot up one of their Kites. That's another thing, sah - they appear to have an airfield with a couple of Kites, while we managed to shoot down one. On our way out  due to some... Engine difficulties... We noticed a peculiar sight. There was an enemy ship, in the harbor, with a rack of large items in the back. As if they were meant to be put into the water..."

As Wilkinson says this, he looks questioningly at the officer.

The captain frowns.

Well, I wouldn't know, but an academy friend of mine works in intel... He mentioned that the Rahu are developing some new anti-ship weapon. And the scientist Airessen defected to them a few months ago - that was on the news, rather important - he holds the Grand Prize of the College of Sciences for his work on magnetism. Ah. Makes sense. And combined with the natural obstacles... Yes, that's clever.

He appears lost in thought for a moment, then remembers you're there.

Well, that's a conundrum for the higher-ups. In the meantime, you can get a dry uniform from the stores, in case you don't have a spare one in your cabin, and have some time off until we rendezvous with the rest of the fleet - ought to be an hour. But put some pants on first, please.

He nods sarcastically at Charleston's enthusiastic exclamation.

Glad you enjoyed it. I'm sure the techs will get as much enjoyment from putting your plane back together.

Okay, so you do have spare uniforms in your cabin - the aviators all share one. You also know that there's a canteen and a storehouse on the ship. Just hang around until the other four players get back, I'll try to make it un-boring.

Also, why do so many people speak in navy blue?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2014, 12:42:19 pm »

((I speak in navy blue because I started to do that from the earliest posts here. Or at least because I like to speak in navy.
Another note - in your latest update, Avis, there are two gunners #1.
I'll post action a bit later.))
Sigs

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2014, 01:08:53 pm »

((I speak in navy blue because I started to do that from the earliest posts here. Or at least because I like to speak in navy.
Another note - in your latest update, Avis, there are two gunners #1.
I'll post action a bit later.))

Fixed, thanks.

Also, he started speaking in navy three posts earlier than you. :P

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2014, 02:02:40 pm »

- I'll go change my outfit.
Disregarding any possible answer, Charleston moves quickly to his cabin and changes his clothes to dry ones. Then, chills out for a few minutes, writing a few words into his journal, then proceeds to disassembling, cleaning and assembling back his service revolver.

((Okay. I'll speak in brown since now.))
Sigs

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2014, 03:08:28 pm »

Don't worry about those, we're far to low for them to target us. They're going after our airships.

Intercept the enemy fighter. Try not to blow up our friend.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13