Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Into Empty Skies - [1][6][Hilarity ensues]  (Read 21936 times)

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: Into Empty Skies - where the dice hate you, guise
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2014, 08:29:32 pm »

Is it really that hard for some people to post? I mean, geez, it's been like 2 days.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2014, 08:48:03 pm »

Thats... Sad, kinda.

It also could mean that they are sick, dead or deprived of communication hardware.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2014, 04:12:58 am »

Or maybe this is just that bad. *suddenly self-conscious*

Okay, so, any suggestions? Maybe I should go to GWG's delinquent players thread?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2014, 04:17:59 am »

Probably.

PM-ing can help as well.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2014, 06:07:19 am »

Okay, I PM-bumped them. I'll wait for some time, then go to the DPT.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2014, 10:46:00 am »

"Careful there!"Keep throwing bombs at them!

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2014, 07:39:37 pm »

Or maybe this is just that bad. *suddenly self-conscious*

Okay, so, any suggestions? Maybe I should go to GWG's delinquent players thread?

Don't worry at all, it's a very well run game. I like it. I don't know why people would be taking so long to post in. Maybe if they don't respond, retcon a waitlisted person?
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2014, 08:03:28 pm »

You could start putting in some of us waitlisters.
I just re-read the game, reading only the updates, to keep it fresh in my mind what's happening.
This game is so hilarious.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2014, 10:06:29 pm »

Retconning is slightly harsh. I would like to finish this mission with the same people, and then take whoever still wants to go, waitlisters included, on the second. It won't take long.
So for now I'm gonna put DAF's action up to the DPT, and employ retconning only in case of recidivism.
And thanks. I'm trying to be more conscise, in comparison to the extremely purple writing of my first game, but I dunno if it's turning out too dry. I try, though.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2014, 05:43:20 pm »

Gunner #2:

Strafe the enemy plane!
We have another enemy coming up, and the gun's still broken. Also, there appears to be some artillery emplacement over there.

Try to reaffix gun barrel, and open fire on barracks* or the new enemy**. If I can't fix the gun, fire a few shots at the plane that's taking off. If I can't hit it, observe the artillery emplacement (presumed mortars) in greater detail.

*Provided our friendlies are not to close
** Provided I can hit them.

Delia glides down to the barracks, tilting the plane sideways as she goes, while Robert fiddles with the pintle.
[1] The large, heavy pintle lock has lost two of the three bolts which secured it to the frame, and is dangling down on the last one. Robert thinks he can reach it... just a bit more over the side...
And right at this moment, Delia tilts the plane. Robert tumbles out, [reaction:5] but manages to both catch hold of the side of the cockpit, and not let go of his machine gun.
[2] His efforts to drag himself back in are largely unsuccessful because of the plane's strong tilt to the side. He just dangles there, his gun in his hand.

Height: 100 m
Speed: 75 km/h
Fuel: 2 hrs 55 mins
Ammo: 6 and 1/4 mags

Gunner #1:

Wilkinson has had enough of this bloody bullshit. Head back to the Peregrine
Well, if the pilot had enough of this bullshit, so do I, I guess.

Be aware of any fucko-Kite approaching us and open agressive fire on those if they do. Do my best to make our way back in one piece, overall.
[pursuit roll: 6 vs 1]
The enemy plane takes much longer to take off than you expected: it even runs out of airstrip before taking off, bouncing on rough ground. It does take off eventually, though.
In the meantime, Wilkinson's plane rushes forward blindingly fast - too fast, even. Its current trajectory is a hyperbolic downward glide: it gains speed while losing altitude. You don't know whether you can make it all the way back like this: in theory, you have enough fuel, but it seems that it's spilling: Charleston feels a drop of hot kerosene fall on his cheek.
As the plane whooshes over the harbor, you notice another thing: one of the smaller ships standing there has a strange attachment in the aft - like a slide going down into the water, and above the slide there is a conveyor belt with several large, round objects. You have never seen anything like this before.

Height: 65 m
Speed: 70 km/h
Fuel: 2 hrs 50 mins
Ammo: 5 and 1/2 mags

Bomber:

Continue flying.

"Careful there!"Keep throwing bombs at them!
[initiative:2 vs 3]
Theo keeps up the leisurely pace and the lofty altitude of ten meters, and the riflemen - twelve of them, at least - even though unprepared, get their shit together and fire a volley at the plane while Kelly readies another bomb.
[3-1] [2-1] [1-1] [4-1] [5] [3-1][1-1][1-1]Miraculously enough, most of the bullets rake the air harmlessly, except for one which thuds into a fuel tank, opening a minor leak. By then, Kelly has the bomb ready: disregarding his budding suspicion that this is not the best of ideas, he chucks it over the side. [2] The riflemen are mostly unharmed by it, [5] so, surprisingly enough, is the plane, [4] which Theo holds firm. It sails over the riflemen and onward.
The rest of the riflemen, who were bumbling around while all this went on, fire after Theo's rapidly retreating plane. [4-1][4-1][6-1][5-1][4-1][3 heads][3 tails][5][1][4 tails]
Here, the two aviators are not so lucky. A bullet thwacks into the left aileron, taking a large chunk out of it: balancing turns will be harder now. Another strips some fabric from the right wing. Yet another grazes Kelly's temple, making blood run down his forehead. Something groans in protest somewhere in the fuselage, which sags severely under the weight of its crew. I would not recommend jumping around now. Perhaps worst of all, another bullet impacts the cap of the right fuel tank, located in the fuselage behind the cockpit, with terrifying precision. Kerosene spills everywhere, soaking both Kelly and Theo. In addition to half the fuel being lost, there's also the fact that a single spark would be enough to turn this whole circus into a flying bonfire.
The plane sails along at low altitude, right to where the other Kite is taking off. Its gunner is readying a menacing heavy rifle, but he finds your arrival rather sudden.

Height: 10 m
Speed: 50 km/h
Fuel: 1 hr 30 mins
Ammo: 6 5kg, 2 10kg

That's it. Are you guise not entertained? I sure am.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2014, 07:59:08 pm »

This makes me so happy.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2014, 09:31:35 pm »

"Fuck, my face!"Furiously attempt to fix fuel tank and patch plane.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2014, 10:38:42 pm »

deprived of communication hardware.
Option #3, fine gentlemen and women. I've been gone for 3-4 days on a trip with my school with absolutely no internets whatsoever. But I'm back now. Thank you to Remuthra for the DPT turn and I'm sorry for any inconvenience I've caused.

Steady the plane to allow Robert back in. If he gets back in, combat the enemy plane once again.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2014, 11:15:18 pm »

Continue to GTFO.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2014, 02:51:52 am »

Get back in and open fire. Short burst, I don't want to knock myself out over the other side.

((Really, we probably are one of the world's most incompetent yet lucky air forces.

Anyway, that's either a mine laying apparatus, or a depth-bombing installation. You're seeing in the distance))
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13