Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Into Empty Skies - [1][6][Hilarity ensues]  (Read 21923 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Into Empty Skies - the early days of aviation
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2014, 04:20:49 am »

- SHIIIIIIIT!!!

Unjam gun, then open fire on the Kite following us.

((IC I don't know about this feature of our plane that doesn't allow to fire a lot, right?))
Well, yes, but "A lot" is "more than 3/4 mags at once" so you should be okay. Maybe.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2014, 05:44:17 am »

Steady the plane.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2014, 12:11:50 am »

THOSE GENTLEMAN GEESE ARE YOU, LOUNGING AROUND AND NOT POSTING

THIS BUMP MESSAGE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY YOUR GM
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2014, 12:24:25 am »

I'M SORRY MASTER I WAS BUSY ALL WEEKEND PLEASE LOVE ME AGAIN SENPAI

Pick up speed and altitude. Make a wide turn around to assault the barracks again. Take the time needed, I don't want to ruin the plane.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 08:50:22 am by DarkArtemisFowl »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2014, 01:38:42 am »

Use my gun to try and nudge the flare out of the wiring.

Bloody equipment. Nothing works as it should.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2014, 02:17:51 am »

Joining in! :D

Spoiler: "Sign up sheet" (click to show/hide)

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2014, 11:00:55 am »

"Bloody hell! He's coming around!"

do a wide sweep so that my gunner can get a bead on the Kite following us. Head back in the direction of the Harbor. We have to get out while the getting is good.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2014, 05:59:15 pm »

Since I'm bored, here's an update. It takes just a few seconds of in-game time, so it should be okay in terms of continuity, even though I'm still waiting for werty.

Gunner #1:
- SHIIIIIIIT!!!

Unjam gun, then open fire on the Kite following us.

((IC I don't know about this feature of our plane that doesn't allow to fire a lot, right?))
"Bloody hell! He's coming around!"

do a wide sweep so that my gunner can get a bead on the Kite following us. Head back in the direction of the Harbor. We have to get out while the getting is good.
[enemy pilot roll:6] The white-uniformed pilot turns out to be quite good, in addition to being quick on his feet. He uses an updraft, in addition to really putting the strain on that engine, to gain speed and altitude alarmingly fast - perhaps too fast, as his rapid ascent puts his machine alarmingly close to the DN-3 Wilkinson is currently piloting, as well as Charleston's LMG.

[3 vs timelim.2] Charleston uses the time to remove his mag, unjam the bullet from the chamber, slot the mag back, and rack the slide. He makes it just in time to get the gun ready.

[init: 1 vs 3] [enemy gunnery:5-1=4][[6] The Rahu pilot whips out a revolver as he approaches, and fires it one-handed. The bullet pings off a cylinder in your engine, and its smooth roar is replaced by a stuttering, grumbling sound. Your speed drops slightly.

[Charleston gunnery:6][4] Charleston decides he shan't put up with this kind of bullshit, and looses most of his new mag at the hapless Rahu, shattering the Kite's windshield, shredding the control panel, murderizing its brave fool of a pilot, and generally committing destruction all around. The enemy plane takes a nose-dive and shatters into bits on the ground below. The frame of the boat vibrates, and [1] the damaged cylinder on the engine bursts, trailing black smoke. The engine is still working, but on half a prayer.

Another Kite is taking its run-up on the airstrip, this time with a proper gunner, but it'll be a while till it will be able to catch up with you.

Wilkinson turns the DN-3 in a smooth circle, back toward where you came from, and sets course back for the Peregrine. Speed remains low, and the engine sounds strained.

Height: 85 m
Speed: 50 km/h
Fuel: 3 hrs
Ammo: 5 and 1/2 mags

Gunner #2:
I'M SORRY MASTER I WAS BUSY ALL WEEKEND PLEASE LOVE ME AGAIN SENPAI

Pick up speed and altitude. Make a wide turn around to assault the barracks again. Take the time needed, I don't want to ruin the plane.
Cheer up, DAF, you're okay.
Use my gun to try and nudge the flare out of the wiring.

Bloody equipment. Nothing works as it should.

As Delia gets back to the control stick, Robert picks up his LMG and moves to poke the flare out of the struts.

[4] With a bit of straining, he is able to dislodge it with the barrel of his gun before it burns through anything significant. As he leans over the side, he also notices several things.

First, Wilkinson and Chesterton seem to be in trouble - they have claimed a kill, but judging by the smoke trail behind them, it didn't go all that smooth for them. A second Kite fighter is taking off on the airstrip.

Second, behind the barracks and the hangar with its airstrip, on the eastern shore of the bay, there is a curious arrangement of... something. It is a trench, filled with some tubes that resemble gun barrels, but pointing straight up. There's some sort of mechanism behind each tube, and there are thirty or so of them overall. Robert is quite certain that the trench is not visible from the sea.

While Robert fiddles with the flare, Delia revs the engine and raises the tail flaps while simultaneously lowering one aileron and raising the other, making the plane take an upward curve back towards the barracks. The bomber is already there, but at a significantly lower altitude, and a mismatched squad of riflemen seems to have taken position on the ground below.

Height: 130 m
Speed: 75 km/h
Ammo: 6 and 1/4 mags

Bomber:

Steady the plane.
Kelly kinda spaces out while Theo desperately tries to keep the plane from going into a stall.

[2][1][4][2][3][4] First the plane won't exit the drop. Then its tail flaps get caught in the wing's aerodynamic shadow, limiting the controls and making it drop even faster. Theo says a word that would make his mother smack him, and just jumps up and down like a monkey, changing the angle of attack sufficiently to put everything back. Then the fucking boat continues to drop, despite all efforts to stabilize it. Theo finally loses his goddamn patience and just kicks the engine into full gear and pulls as hard as he can, which makes the DN-3 finally resume horizontal position.

Theo sighs and wipes the sweat from his brow. And then remembers all those guys with rifles below him, just some measly 10 meters down.
[enemy gunnery:4-1][4][heads] A bullet rips right trough the fuselage, grazing Theo's back but otherwise not doing any real damage.
[3-1] Another bullet whistles by, not actually hitting anything.
[1-1] There's a drunken yell and a gunshot from below, followed by a gurgling scream.

Height: 10 m
Speed: 50 km/h
Ammo: 7 5kg, 2 10kg

Things you know so far about the DN-3:
Slightly slow to turn
Slightly slow to gain speed
Frame vibrates on prolonged fire
Durable
Problems with exiting a stall

RANDOM.ORG really hates you guys for some reason.

EDIT:
Joining in! :D

Spoiler: "Sign up sheet" (click to show/hide)
Added to the waitlist.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:05:33 pm by Avis-Mergulus »

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: Into Empty Skies - where the dice hate you, guise
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2014, 06:33:16 pm »

Wilkinson has had enough of this bloody bullshit. Head back to the Peregrine
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2014, 09:25:57 am »

Well, if the pilot had enough of this bullshit, so do I, I guess.

Be aware of any fucko-Kite approaching us and open agressive fire on those if they do. Do my best to make our way back in one piece, overall.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2014, 11:11:26 am »

I would stay and help take out those mortars, but I didn't notice them :/.

Anyway, if you want to stay and fight fucko-Kites until our engine catches on fire, go ahead and say so :P

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2014, 12:26:03 pm »

Actually, as far as I understood our mission, we had to perform reconnaissance and have our right to get the hell out if there in occasion like this. We'd better pick up something more battle-oriented to fight fucko-Kites. So, we fly away, paint a star for the first frag done on our plane and report the situation, that's what we do.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2014, 02:11:28 pm »

We have another enemy coming up, and the gun's still broken. Also, there appears to be some artillery emplacement over there.

Try to reaffix gun barrel, and open fire on barracks* or the new enemy**. If I can't fix the gun, fire a few shots at the plane that's taking off. If I can't hit it, observe the artillery emplacement (presumed mortars) in greater detail.

*Provided our friendlies are not to close
** Provided I can hit them.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2014, 01:53:15 am »

I BUMP YO FACE

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2014, 05:32:41 am »

Continue flying.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13