Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 224962 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Miya's Hubris
« Reply #1575 on: December 14, 2015, 04:38:39 pm »

Could add forcefield armor, it's high weight to protection ratio would be ideal. Expensive though.

Could also add arbiter-like crowd wires.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nunzillor

« Reply #1576 on: December 14, 2015, 04:50:34 pm »

Could also add arbiter-like crowd wires.
+1

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: December 14, 2015, 05:06:10 pm »

Also bells, whistles and glow-in-the-dark neon paint, cos you can't go wrong with spectacular, right?

On another note, what do we have in the way of anti-manip defenses?
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Nunzillor

« Reply #1578 on: December 14, 2015, 05:15:21 pm »

Traditionally, auto-manips were used against manips.  Now... move erratically, stay out of line of sight?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: December 14, 2015, 08:08:46 pm »

That's what the extra maneuvering rockets are for. This thing isn't supposed to move in a straight line. Could also add the AoT maneuvering pack to quickly change directions unexpectedly.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: December 14, 2015, 08:27:03 pm »

Oh, I have an idea, what about portable cover? Take a semi-circle of fragplate backed with gauss assisted pistons (for stability!) and a light layering of blast resistant material to help you survive when the fragplate inevitably gives out and direct the explosion towards you enemies, make it segmented so you can fold it inwards into a rough cylinder, then cover it in an airtight seal of tough plastic, for simple deployment and protection in rough enviroments!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: December 14, 2015, 08:53:28 pm »

That could work. Ready made cover and easy to set up
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: December 14, 2015, 10:19:41 pm »

((Forcefields are pretty much too expensive to be useful for any form of armor.  BS Plate is vastly cheaper, by token-to-protection ratio.  Also, I think it would be extremely difficult to have a forcefield strong enough to protect you to any decent degree, while remaining weak enough that it has a controllable blast.))

WE CAN TINKER AGAIN?!  CAN I?!  PLEASE?! 8D

1.Take the Heavy Robotic Body, and strip off the layer of hex composite (=cost of 2 battlesuit plate layers).  Also, remove the kin. amps.  Add the largest Solid Light Matter Generator it can carry, and a Solid Light Protection Field, too.  Beef up the manuevering systems somewhat, so that it maintains excessive mobility.  My intention is to make a more practical melee variant suit, specifically for Uncon people.

2.Rough cost estimate?  I know the solid light stuff hasn't been priced yet, but is it tech that's nearly as expensive as the suit itself, or more economical than that?

Sibilus:

3.The below is meant to be answered entirely without you checking any of the wiki pages or anything.  I specifically want your gut reaction, so that we can measure power creep.  This is important--it's for an argument I was having a little while ago.

4.Remember the Sibilus?  It's the hybrid rocket/gauss rifle that Pyro designed.  Milno's gauntlet ate one, and he sometimes uses it.  I want to VR-shoot a milnoplate armored person with one shot.  What happens?

5....Then one overcharged shot. (3x gauss coils firing at once).  What happens?

6....Then one super overcharged shot. (3x gauss coils overcharging at once).  What happens?

7.Please don't hurt me.  I'm just an addict.

@Radio

((Hey, can you and the council look at the Doctrine yet?))
Hey, council people, you took over weapon statistics and pricing, right?  I figured I could post the information on the Doctrine (shard weapon between testament and PSL), since it's not doing anything PW hasn't approved.  It's just miniaturizing the PSL less.

If this is okay, then please vet it.  If not, that's fine.

Spoiler: Armory entry (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mechanical explanation (click to show/hide)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: December 14, 2015, 10:23:31 pm »

((Well, there is the weight problem, with battlesuit plate, you can't just carry it around very easily.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: December 14, 2015, 10:53:47 pm »

I know im on mission and all but... general questions can slip through that crack right?

when are the new items coming in?

can we change the shape and size of the dimensional door connected to our pocket dimensions, and if so can we do it more than once?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: December 14, 2015, 10:54:08 pm »

Are we tinkering again now? Even on mission? Cool. If it's okay for mission people to tinker then tinker the following.

Project name: Heavy Exoskeleton
-It is just an exoskeleton, upgraded to the same strength as a synthflesh body. Simple.
-Aim for 7-8 tokens
We need something to fill this strength tier since synthflesh is unavailable.

Project name: Heavy Armoured Exoskeleton
-Take the heavy exoskeleton and add armour. That is all.
-For armour, a thinner version of assault suit armour.
-Aim for 10-12 tokens.
This is intended to fill a niche between assaultsuit and standard exoskeleton. Provide lots of protection but still lets the wearer move freely indoors, and doesn't require getting your head chopped off. Sort of like an updated and militarized version of Auron's mining exosuit.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 04:50:00 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: December 14, 2015, 11:56:27 pm »

NO.  BAD NAV.

NO TINKERING ON MISSION.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nunzillor

« Reply #1587 on: December 15, 2015, 12:01:25 am »

Hmm, I have a pretty bad idea.  It's essentially a jetpack strapped to your back, but it increases your horizontal speed as opposed to your vertical speed.  It can fire left and right as well as propel you forward, looks kind of like an RCS thruster.  Aux, should be pretty cheap, I think.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: December 15, 2015, 12:02:48 am »

you mean like a mk III without the vertical thrusters?

Nunzillor

« Reply #1589 on: December 15, 2015, 12:04:02 am »

I think so, but without any protection or medical systems.  Cheaper and very dangerous.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 127