Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 224922 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Miya's Hubris
« Reply #1500 on: October 14, 2015, 01:36:32 pm »

It is.

That paragraph is written in a confusing way.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: October 14, 2015, 01:37:44 pm »

It is.

That paragraph is written in a confusing way.
Yes it is.
Also, the fact that it squares things but 1^2 is still 1...Let there be confusion!!!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1502 on: October 14, 2015, 01:55:08 pm »

You need to accept the fact that the universe does not work with exact numbers.

And the fact that there are many flavours of space magic tech that are based on the same thing amps and manipulators are based, but work differently.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: October 15, 2015, 09:53:43 pm »

So I will soon be returning from mission 21 [hopefully] and would like the opinion of the tinkers here as to what I should do with the tokens I shall receive assuming no bonuses a total of 12 to play with. I was tossing up between mythrilised armour for 10 or selling the PAWN and using a mighty 15 tokens to develop a Particle-beam weapon any comments on these ideas or some other ideas would be welcome.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: October 15, 2015, 10:42:02 pm »

Particle beam weapon. They already exist but are heavy with long recharge, and charge, times. A smaller AR style one would probably be pretty devastating
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: October 15, 2015, 10:57:17 pm »

not sure if they count as beams

from what I remember they were particle accumulator cannons.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: October 16, 2015, 06:56:57 am »

So I will soon be returning from mission 21 [hopefully] and would like the opinion of the tinkers here as to what I should do with the tokens I shall receive assuming no bonuses a total of 12 to play with. I was tossing up between mythrilised armour for 10 or selling the PAWN and using a mighty 15 tokens to develop a Particle-beam weapon any comments on these ideas or some other ideas would be welcome.

Could get a piezoelectric shard launcher for 13. Good damage and decent ammo economy (unless you specifically want a custom weapon). Could also spend a lvl-up into uncon and get a melee weapon as a back-up. Or wait till forcefield shields are a thing (w hich might be incoming if the Hep thread ever springs into action again, or I get around to it in tinker). Or get a general suit upgrade and go for an assaultsuit/heavy robobody (or battlesuit maybe) or maybe even a synthflesh body (would get extra tokes from selling that fansuit Mk.III).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1507 on: October 20, 2015, 03:44:36 pm »

Does the teleporter rifle Aresteve made give objects it teleports the same relative velocity as the rifle? Because if yes, that principle could be used to create a replacement for our Void Ships' current automanipulator-based reactionless drive.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: October 20, 2015, 03:59:20 pm »

We should make a plasma grenade for the Brisent, as a sort of replacement for the Plasma Projector.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: October 20, 2015, 04:03:57 pm »

Does the teleporter rifle Aresteve made give objects it teleports the same relative velocity as the rifle? Because if yes, that principle could be used to create a replacement for our Void Ships' current automanipulator-based reactionless drive.

Velocity relative to what, though? What would moving the rifle relative to the ship, while concurrently teleporting the ship, do?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: October 20, 2015, 04:12:05 pm »

We should make a plasma grenade for the Brisent, as a sort of replacement for the Plasma Projector.

For the record, shaped charges deal damage by creating shaped jets of plasma.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1511 on: October 20, 2015, 04:30:34 pm »

Velocity relative to what, though? What would moving the rifle relative to the ship, while concurrently teleporting the ship, do?
Your question is confusing, so let's look at things more simply. Let's assume that we're going at speeds where relativity is not a concern. So if I teleport something with the rifle and that object has the same relative velocity as the rifle, then from the point of view of the rifle, that teleported object's velocity is zero. Or, in other words, the rifle and the object will have the same speed regardless of the point of reference chosen.

Maybe I'm using the words wrongly, unfortunately I did not learn physics in English.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: October 20, 2015, 04:38:44 pm »

@Paris: Is the velocity of the ship relative to spacetime (and telerifle) conserved, I think is part of the question.
Also if the rifle is moving but the ship is not what happens is the other question.
And then what happens if both.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1513 on: October 20, 2015, 04:51:34 pm »

@Paris: Is the velocity of the ship relative to spacetime (and telerifle) conserved, I think is part of the question.
Also if the rifle is moving but the ship is not what happens is the other question.
And then what happens if both.
The rifle can't teleport entire ships. Too big. So the question is irrelevant. Even if it was relevant, since all motion is relative, I don't see why what the ship is doing would matter, since from the rifle's point of view, the rifle would be stationary.
And does space have a velocity beyond its normal expansion?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: October 20, 2015, 04:54:31 pm »

@Parisbre && Piecewise: Can we make more of these?  Are they Origin tech?  Can we make a bigger one?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 127