Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 225325 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: TINKER: Saint's Death Warrant
« Reply #1155 on: June 10, 2015, 09:34:28 am »

I haven't really been paying much attention here because this seems to have become some sort of tinker OOC or similar brain storming area. Was there anyone with actions that needed handling?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 10, 2015, 11:12:18 am »

I haven't really been paying much attention here because this seems to have become some sort of tinker OOC or similar brain storming area. Was there anyone with actions that needed handling?

Is that an invitation? Or a challenge?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 10, 2015, 11:21:41 am »

could someone create what is basically a tank with fluid similar to embryonic fluid and pump it full of a person's stem cells to allow them to better recover from grievous injuries such as an arm through the head?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 10, 2015, 11:22:44 am »

could someone create what is basically a tank with fluid similar to embryonic fluid and pump it full of a person's stem cells to allow them to better recover from grievous injuries such as an arm through the head?

Medicine/biology don't work that way I'm afraid.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 10, 2015, 11:24:09 am »

Medicine/biology don't work that way I'm afraid.
aww would there be any way to try and get it to work in a similar fashion to this to regenerate lost limbs and such
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1160 on: June 10, 2015, 12:54:03 pm »

There is flshknitter that can regrow all tissues but not with the right structure. So it works for flesh and muscle, but not things that are more complex like hearts.

Then there is Kriellya's new synthetic replacements that can be used to replace organs and limbs on the field (provided you have an environment where you can perform surgery).

And finally there is the specialized healing fluid pods used in the infirmary. It is similar to fleshknitter, but acts in a controlled manner and can even regrow entire bodies. However, it is very hard to use, making it very likely for you to end up with a tumor if you try to use it. Plus, it's not instantaneous, it takes some time to regrow something. As such, it will probably be best if someone made a specialized battlesuit or APC with a tank of that fluid+the necessary equipment to use it that can be used by people with high Med and/or Aux so that limbs and organs can be regrown in the field. However, it might be much more efficient and quick (if not as cheap) to simply replace said organs with synthetics or simply remove the brain and place it in a robobody/braincase.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 10, 2015, 12:58:43 pm »

There is flshknitter that can regrow all tissues but not with the right structure. So it works for flesh and muscle, but not things that are more complex like hearts.

Then there is Kriellya's new synthetic replacements that can be used to replace organs and limbs on the field (provided you have an environment where you can perform surgery).

And finally there is the specialized healing fluid pods used in the infirmary. It is similar to fleshknitter, but acts in a controlled manner and can even regrow entire bodies. However, it is very hard to use, making it very likely for you to end up with a tumor if you try to use it. Plus, it's not instantaneous, it takes some time to regrow something. As such, it will probably be best if someone made a specialized battlesuit or APC with a tank of that fluid+the necessary equipment to use it that can be used by people with high Med and/or Aux so that limbs and organs can be regrown in the field. However, it might be much more efficient and quick (if not as cheap) to simply replace said organs with synthetics or simply remove the brain and place it in a robobody/braincase.
so could you replace part of the brain with a computer, destroying any memories and such but leaving the person with a working brain and it would be upgradeable.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1162 on: June 10, 2015, 01:08:37 pm »

There are ways to replace your brain with mechanical parts by replacing it neuron by neuron (if I remember correctly) but there's little benefit and large risk involved.

Making yourself into an AI is probably impossible. You could train an AI to act like you (maybe, if you're really really lucky) but it probably wouldn't be you.

Mechanical augmentations to your brain are possible, but it tends to be dangerous. There's an upgrade for example that lets Steve control your body, but it tends to slowly fry your brain whenever used.

In short, it's either dangerous, expensive or both.

Unless you want something else? What exactly do you mean by "upgrades"?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 10, 2015, 01:35:23 pm »

There are ways to replace your brain with mechanical parts by replacing it neuron by neuron (if I remember correctly) but there's little benefit and large risk involved.

Making yourself into an AI is probably impossible. You could train an AI to act like you (maybe, if you're really really lucky) but it probably wouldn't be you.

Mechanical augmentations to your brain are possible, but it tends to be dangerous. There's an upgrade for example that lets Steve control your body, but it tends to slowly fry your brain whenever used.

In short, it's either dangerous, expensive or both.

Unless you want something else? What exactly do you mean by "upgrades"?
simply pump the flesh knitter into the brain them put it on what is essentially a Frankenstein body so that you have a barely sentient body guard that works for you/my future char that may steal it.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #1164 on: June 10, 2015, 01:45:37 pm »

Not sure if this makes sense, but what about a burnout mode for manipulators?  Similar to burnout amps, but toggleable with a switch (instead of permanent) for emergency situations when you need extra juice quickly despite the risk of extra brain damage.

I guess this would only really be useful if switching to better brains requires a turn, whereas using the switch would be nearly instantaneous and could be coupled with an action.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 01:48:55 pm by Nunzillor »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 10, 2015, 01:51:12 pm »

@Piecewise Having the once-glorious Tinker devolve into mere OOC discussion with all actual Tinkering done off-forum makes me sad and archaic, but it's not something that can be helped, is it?
Maybe we could have people who have Tinkered with you in IRC or something post all the logs of such discussion here? That way, we could still bask in what little glory remains to this dangerous yet addictive behavior.
Otherwise, I must congratulate you. Were it by your design or not, you were able to crush the impertinent spirit of Tinkering and hide away what little remains of it. As the original Tinker addict, I salute you on this accomplishment!

@AI brain transformation Actually, there is a way (well, was, up to recently) - one could get that genemod that gives +1 to Aux (not safe and sorry 'enhanced capacity' of modern times, but full-dangerous genemods of foregone era), as it would make your brain fully computer-compatible but force computer-like thinking on you. Basically, closest you can get to becoming a wetware AI without dying and being rebuilt. Not sure if you can still get those genemods without the Doctor on board.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 10, 2015, 02:12:00 pm »

@Piecewise Having the once-glorious Tinker devolve into mere OOC discussion with all actual Tinkering done off-forum makes me sad and archaic, but it's not something that can be helped, is it?
Maybe we could have people who have Tinkered with you in IRC or something post all the logs of such discussion here? That way, we could still bask in what little glory remains to this dangerous yet addictive behavior.
Otherwise, I must congratulate you. Were it by your design or not, you were able to crush the impertinent spirit of Tinkering and hide away what little remains of it. As the original Tinker addict, I salute you on this accomplishment!

@AI brain transformation Actually, there is a way (well, was, up to recently) - one could get that genemod that gives +1 to Aux (not safe and sorry 'enhanced capacity' of modern times, but full-dangerous genemods of foregone era), as it would make your brain fully computer-compatible but force computer-like thinking on you. Basically, closest you can get to becoming a wetware AI without dying and being rebuilt. Not sure if you can still get those genemods without the Doctor on board.
well zoltan's body is currently being held in stasis till it get's there so it can last for a long time. but let's do it! lets flash knit then add those gene mods and program him to work for us and make it a flesh golem body guard!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 10, 2015, 04:39:01 pm »

Hey pw, now that manips changed and only need the human brain in order to function, does that mean we can now give manips to sods or robots to use? If not, why not?

This.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 11, 2015, 01:55:32 am »

I still like the idea of having quick use 'burnout' amps, remember that cultist mission? Steve talked about those kind of amps, they were basically better, easier to use and had more straight up power, but they destroyed your brain every time you used them, regardless of how amp stressed you were, I asked PW about having burnout Manips, and he said it would be fine, too.

Man there should really be a word for Amp stress, Ampout? Ampburn? Ampdrit?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:58:48 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 11, 2015, 01:56:35 am »

You're getting Amped?

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 127