Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 225362 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Saint's Death Warrant
« Reply #1125 on: April 30, 2015, 11:40:36 am »

Okay, sounds fine then. (I'll assume it can lift both meatlings and robo-people equally well; don't know about synthflesh, but maybe too.) It has it's niche, it is more or less efficient at what it offers and does, and, most importantly, it's not yet another weapon. I'd try and get it to 3 tokens, but it might be overkill, so...
Hoverboard is approved. Now it needs to be prototyped and sent to the Sword for testing.

(I'll publish all the current prototype resolutions in the next Heph turn as a list, I think.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1126 on: April 30, 2015, 11:42:53 am »

Don't worry, no problem. If it's been cleared by piecewise, then my disagreement doesn't matter very much. Just voicing my opinion.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: April 30, 2015, 05:45:24 pm »

Here's the raw .txt file's contents, for those who are intrested. Spoilered.
Spoiler: Hoverboard (click to show/hide)

Edit: Added a more condensed version which basically covers all the variants.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 06:56:18 am by Shaporia »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 01, 2015, 03:55:25 am »

Please condense those into 1 entry, with the variants listed into that, cause putting basically the same thing into the armory 3 times leads to clutter.

Hoverboard is approved. Now it needs to be prototyped and sent to the Sword for testing.

Just as a matter of protocol, but note that something passing Hep also needs to still either get PW fiat, or council approval (technically council approval then still needs PW fiat, but he often just follows our recommendation).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 01, 2015, 07:11:31 am »

Oh, really? Because I given that it was tinkered with Pw, I thought it already had his approval. Maybe it having the council's approval was my imagination, but surely if Piecewise worked it out with the tinkerer and gave his approval, it should be fine? That's my baseline for implicit council approval, anyway. (When did it stop being Shadowy, anyway? Begone with its mentions, it is but a part of Piecewise's mind, no need for mere mortals to know it exists in the first place!)

Regardless, Hephaestus approval comes last in the line, since it's not a balance decision, but usefulness - based on already defined stats and specifications. So, people, first check your designs with Piecewise, and only then send them for approval.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 01, 2015, 07:26:16 am »

Oh sure, if pw gave his fiat then it's alright. I wasn't sure if there had been changes in the design since then though, but if not then everything's a-ok.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 15, 2015, 09:58:40 am »

Approve Hoverboard prototyping. As usual, three of them to be sent in the next shipment.
Ok. This prototyping shit might need to be reevaluated.

@Shaporia Okay, you probably have to check this with Piecewise once again.
Past Sigs

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: May 15, 2015, 10:02:37 am »

Here's the raw .txt file's contents, for those who are intrested. Spoilered.
Spoiler: Hoverboard (click to show/hide)

Edit: Added a more condensed version which basically covers all the variants.
You should add that it doesn't work on water :P
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1133 on: May 15, 2015, 11:33:48 am »

I think piecewise has a bigger problem with the giving away lots of free stuff for a mission? That's how I read the statement anyway. You might want to ask for a clarification first.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: May 24, 2015, 12:50:07 am »

Well, I should finally get around to doing that tinkering I'd planned.
Jobasio has been slouched in a VR machine drooling on himself for a while now.

>I want to play around with the gravity generators we have on shuttles and such.
For drops from the ship. Summon up one of those, test how it works.
I tried to find a quote about them, I know there was at least one moment where they've been mentioned, but alas my search-fu was insufficient. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1135 on: May 24, 2015, 05:56:37 am »

Grav chutes. They were used in the China-9 drop when the drop pod was hit by AA. They require the user to be suspended in some sort of gravity field that prevents them from feeling acceleration as much. See the beginning of the first mission and of the chine-9 mission for more info:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106279.msg3155846#msg3155846
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106279.msg3382753#msg3382753
Or do you mean the gravity generators we have on ships?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 03, 2015, 02:41:09 pm »

Gonna write it down real quick before I forget, but a possible new medical tool to complement our new stuff: some 'artificial organs' you can plug into people when, for example, their heart is shot out. Shouldn't be too hard, just a machine to take over pumping/oxygenating/cleaning the blood, after fleshknitte has shut off the wound. Oh, and blood bags to give people some fresh blood after bleeding for a while.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 03, 2015, 03:04:05 pm »

This edges out into the territory I have dabbled at entering, but only so much, lacking the proper medical education: "What causes 'death'?" - and, obviously, from there on moving directly onto circumventing each of these clauses and events, up to the point of being able to reverse death completely - from any state of "remains" (including that of "don't exist anymore").

The ultimate aspiration of Maurice, actually.

Anyway, a 'lungheart' would be a nice addition to Meditech equipment list, I agree. Is there anything else vitally important for living in the short run that we could simply 'plug in'? 'Brain-bits' coprocessor, for times when half a brain (give or take) is gone, compounded by existence of some sort of external backups when you get back to the ship? The backup doesn't need to be 'decoded' into pure information (if that is the most troubling threshold out there), just some sort of 'spare' grown out of your own brain using process similar to Distributed Neural Tissue and then 'cut off' for external storage.
Past Sigs

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 03, 2015, 03:36:02 pm »

We're turning into the CORE, rather than the ARM, aren't we?

Anyway, I highly doubt that we'll be able to make cybernetics that deal with partial or complete brain loss.  Even if we have the technology, that removes almost all risk to the game.  At worst, you'd risk not getting a stat bonus for a mission.

A more viable alternative would probably be to mess with the MMI, and give it the capacity to automatically 'hibernate' a brain when braindeath is close.  Then, sell cheap robots that can have an MMI'd brain shoved into them and revive it.  Possibly sell full robot bodies that can be hauled around in hammerspace.  This would allow reviving people from basically any wound, and has the benefit of bolstering our robot numbers.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 03, 2015, 04:02:46 pm »

Lungs and hearts are actually now on the list for medtech. The Armory master can sell tools for performing the replacement surgery for 4-5 tokens, and individual synthetic hearts or lungs for one token each. (in addition to limbs, also 1-token each)
(This was where the conversation between me and the AM ended last, it's in the on-ship thread)

That said, there's room for improvement, which was one of the things on my tinker list. I like the idea of a 'combined' functionality. Maybe a synthetic heart that 'breathes' through a port in the chest.

There is also no chance PW will let us haul fully functional robo-bodies in hammer space. It's the kind of thing he's said he's not fine with, and will put limits on it if he sees someone trying it, so we'll have to justify how spare bodies are brought into the field. That said, I am thinking of trying to develop a 'compact' robo-body, which is weaker and easier to damage but lighter, more compact when not in use; easier to carry and store in the field, much like the modifications to the robo-limbs I made which turns them into something roughly the size of a collapsible walking stick, at the cost of them being much weaker when in use. (also listed on the wiki, also under surgery tools, discussion with PW was in the cited IRC log)

After that, I wanted to develop a 'med-bay battlesuit', with the design intention being that the suit (with the aid of a skilled Fleshtech) can perform major surgery including limb and organ replacement and possible revival in the field on its occupant, and carries with it a limited amount of spare parts/bodies for use in the surgery.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 127