Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 225593 times)

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: TINKER: Saint's Death Warrant
« Reply #1065 on: April 06, 2015, 06:38:45 am »

Alright then, to keep the price down, I'm ditching the hardpoints and I'm just going with small rocket pods.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 06, 2015, 12:33:58 pm »

MYTHRIL PENETRATOR

An extremely thin needle of mythril, using the same vibrating mechanism as a monorazor. Used as a sword, it can easily stab through most armours, and causes great damage to soft tissue because of the vibrating.

Cost: 15 tokens for the 1 meter long sword variant
5 tokens for the 30cm knife variant.

I want to make it cheaper by replacing most of the needle with a less expensive material, keeping the tip of the needle pure mythril. This will keep the penetrating abilities nearly the same, but make it more fragile. Piecewise confirmed this in IRC.

What is the new price? I am aiming for similar an equivalent monorazor weapon to make this weapon actually usable.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 06, 2015, 12:56:04 pm »

Doesn't that just mean the part of the needle not mythril will snap when pushed against any sort of decent armor? How much 'more fragile' are we speaking here?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 06, 2015, 01:41:16 pm »

He never said how much more fragile, just that it would be more fragile. It's mostly a balance issue, since we are dealing with fictional futuristic materials.
I don't think the tip would instantly snap off, there is a quite a line between indestructium and paper mache.

A possible material we could use is a 50% mythril, 50% steel alloy, to cut the strength and price roughly in half.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 06, 2015, 07:23:25 pm »

Does anyone know what happens when Piezo/Testament tanks rupture?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 06, 2015, 07:36:31 pm »

Not much. The fluid solidifies through the use of an electrification chamber in order to become as dangerous as it is when fired. So if it just spurts out before then, it shouldn't be too dangerous except perhaps as a slipping hazard.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 06, 2015, 07:39:53 pm »

Not much. The fluid solidifies through the use of an electrification chamber in order to become as dangerous as it is when fired. So if it just spurts out before then, it shouldn't be too dangerous except perhaps as a slipping hazard.

Ah, that's too bad.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 06, 2015, 08:01:12 pm »

You could drink it, see what happens.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 06, 2015, 10:33:34 pm »

didn't the doctor inject someone with the stuff?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 06, 2015, 11:10:09 pm »

I'm not sure about the specific incident you're talking about, but he probably stuck them with crystalline projector fluid.  That stuff will... eat your flesh and replace it, or something.  It's weird.

PS fluid is relatively safe, by comparison.  It just crystallizes when electrocuted, and the crystal explodes when damaged.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Simple.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 06, 2015, 11:15:45 pm »

It could be more dangerous than we think. Something's not quite right with it.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 06, 2015, 11:17:19 pm »

I'm not sure about the specific incident you're talking about, but he probably stuck them with crystalline projector fluid.  That stuff will... eat your flesh and replace it, or something.  It's weird.

PS fluid is relatively safe, by comparison.  It just crystallizes when electrocuted, and the crystal explodes when damaged.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Simple.

So my idea of a suit that excreted the stuff to create continually replenishing crystal armor was really, really bad. Good to know.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 06, 2015, 11:53:26 pm »

@Emp

The weirdest properties of PS fluid are the remarkable energy density, and the fact that it seems to expand upon becoming a solid.  And that last one is arguable- it's just an accidental result of PW not realizing the implications when he hands out numbers.  To my knowledge, nothing explicitly physics defying happens with it.

@Doctor

Thank you, that made me laugh.  No, it was not a good idea, but it was creative, and creativity is one of the most valuable ideas around here.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 07, 2015, 12:03:54 am »

A throwing knife made out of it uses either UNCON or EXO. That's a rather good sign that something is odd about it. Especially considering a regular throwing knife or a throwing knife with only a blade made out of it uses STR and DEX.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 07, 2015, 12:21:07 am »

That's because you have to somehow not make it shatter on you. If you hold a knife by the handle, the handle is supposedly doing that part, but if you want to just grab an active crystal and toss it, you have to have some skill with weird tech to not have it go off in your hand.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 127