Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 225281 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Saint's Death Warrant
« Reply #960 on: February 26, 2015, 02:07:29 am »

How about they can design weapons or whatever, but they can't actually implement them until they make a character. And then they have to wait an equivalent amount of time they spent tinkering without a character in order to implement the idea?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #961 on: February 26, 2015, 02:43:34 am »

How about they can design weapons or whatever, but they can't actually implement them until they make a character. And then they have to wait an equivalent amount of time they spent tinkering without a character in order to implement the idea?
Because tinker makes me want to break knees

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 26, 2015, 02:46:56 am »

...you get to spend the equivalent amount of time they spend tinkering without a character breaking their knees over and over again and posting excessive descriptions about it?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 26, 2015, 10:20:11 am »

Let's not increase his workload any more than we have to, I'd say.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 03, 2015, 01:33:25 pm »

About this

Is this even functional? If it is, what would be the closest equivalent in firepower?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:50:19 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 21, 2015, 01:39:32 pm »

I'm building a gun.

Body: Broken heat gun
Some locker doors if necessary

Power source: Gasoline generator (4+ TPU?)
Heat gun battery pack (?? TPU)
2 MK1 power sources (?? TPU)
Assorted batteries (?? TPU)
I will add more to the gun as I get them.
I would like to know how many TPUs this is. More is better.

Barrel(s): 5 salvaged cutting lasers. I would like to know if there is any way to combine these into a more powerful laser, or should I just have lots of barrels?

I still need lenses for the cutting lasers, but I can buy those at the armoury.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 08:05:54 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #966 on: March 21, 2015, 01:47:49 pm »

Aren't those one time use lasers?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 21, 2015, 02:16:34 pm »

The lenses and batteries last a single use. The actual laser survives.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 02:19:05 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 21, 2015, 02:18:25 pm »

Alright, a couple things I want to do:

First, spawn a battlesuit and see how big an explosion it can tank before being disabled-I'm not talking outright destruction, but at what point will things like joints and internal components start  bending and failing, preventing the battlesuit from being combat effective.

With the above data, could that force be delivered with something approaching a man-portable weapon? (I was thinking a thermobaric weapon, given the ridiculous energy densities ER fuels have)

Next, take the principles of magnetohydrodynamics and pinching to create a new, better type of HEAT warhead(it's supposed to be better and more accurate than conventional explosively formed penetrators). See if it can also be mounted in a man-portable system-I don't expect it to take on battlesuits(though that would be nice), but anything short should be fair game.

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #969 on: March 23, 2015, 12:24:35 pm »

ptw. I might do something here later.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 25, 2015, 08:50:59 pm »

ptw. I might do something here later.
Piecewise loves more people tinkering, as we all know. Don't worry, Piecewise, my character has a very low handicraft, so he's unlikely to be Denzel and try to build particle cannons.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 29, 2015, 09:03:30 am »

I was wandering through the archives and stumbled on this piece of information. It might be useful for Tinkers since it explains one of the less apparent issues with TPU system.
Hook generator up to the cutting laser, and see if it will allow continous fire.
Well, if that generator of yours puts out at least 8 tpu of continuous power *which 4 gauss generators won't do* then yeah, it will work. But you've never really said what the specifics of that generator are so...yeah.
((So, the TPUs don't add up linearly? Or is it about the yet unknown gauss rifle power generators' specifications that prevent them from maintaining the continious output? ))
(They release in bursts and spurts of energy rather then a nice continuous flow. You'd have it basically strobing at very high speeds.)
So it appears that there might be burst-type generators and flow-type, with the latter being more rare and expensive; for example, it seems reasonable that the 'cheap low-power generator' (which is somehow still ~~5 tokens, IIRC, while being only 5 TPU) strapped to the HEP device is of the latter category as well.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 29, 2015, 10:38:43 pm »

Per PW, here's the stat line for my Kugelblitz guided missile launcher for evaluation:

"Kugelblitz" portable guided missile launcher

Token cost:shoot for 10-12 tokens; missiles should be 2 tokens(3 for nukes)
Stat requirement:+1 str

Description:The Kugelblitz is a man-portable guided missile launcher firing 152mm guided missiles. It has a base unit that connects to a missile tube and provides command and control, and each missile is prepackaged into a disposable tube. Each missile comes with a semi-active radar homing package and a manual laser guidance mode, and comes in three distinct warheads: HE, MAHEM (magneto-hydrodynamic HEAT), and namite incendiary, with optional 1/8th kiloton warheads for when HE just isn't enough.(The base unit comes with a single HE missile, reloads extra)

Comments welcome
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 10:41:32 pm by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 30, 2015, 10:40:40 am »

Per PW, here's the stat line for my Kugelblitz guided missile launcher for evaluation:

Description:The Kugelblitz is a man-portable guided missile launcher firing 152mm guided missiles. It has a base unit that connects to a missile tube and provides command and control, and each missile is prepackaged into a disposable tube. Each missile comes with a semi-active radar homing package and a manual laser guidance mode, and comes in three distinct warheads: HE, MAHEM (magneto-hydrodynamic HEAT), and namite incendiary, with optional 1/8th kiloton warheads for when HE just isn't enough.(The base unit comes with a single HE missile, reloads extra)

Comments welcome

Got anything more than a statline? I (and it is me, after me it's PW and the Council) can't really make a determination about something from just a statline, you're going to have to tell me how things are working here.

Also, 152mm is going to be bigger than this:

Javelin missile (and launcher and crew). Missile caliber is 127mm

That's not single-man portable, even with an exoskeleton - it's just way too bulky (weight isn't as much of an issue as bulk). Especially if you think people are going to have multiple rockets on them.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:45:08 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 30, 2015, 02:50:40 pm »

Comments welcome

Got anything more than a statline? I (and it is me, after me it's PW and the Council) can't really make a determination about something from just a statline, you're going to have to tell me how things are working here.

Also, 152mm is going to be bigger than this:

Javelin missile (and launcher and crew). Missile caliber is 127mm

That's not single-man portable, even with an exoskeleton - it's just way too bulky (weight isn't as much of an issue as bulk). Especially if you think people are going to have multiple rockets on them.

Huh, looking online and you may be on to something. How about something like a 100mm? That's only 12mm bigger than a Panzerschrek, which I know was able to be carted around by a single person(not easily, but it was done). Hmm, with the smaller caliber, I just had the idea to decrease carry bulk by having the barrel telescope and fold up when not in use, creating a more compact unit to hang off a harness. This does mean abandoning the Javelin analogue idea, but on the plus side reloads are easier to carry since it's the actual missile clipped to your belt rather than a bulky entire tube. I think I'll simply copy the Stinger body for this.

Any other info you need? Performance wise, HE should be comparable(and even better) than that 50mm grenade launcher you created(two building fronts instead of one :P) and HEAT should be able to take down anything short of a battlesuit, and probably damage one pretty well anyways. Oh, and the capability to launch nuke rounds safely. The missile itself also uses a MPD thruster powered by a radite battery instead of normal volitiles, and has adjustable popout flight fins. Oh, probably important, I was thinking something like the missile itself is around 1.5 meters long, with about 40% of that warhead.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 127