Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SPAZ 2  (Read 4880 times)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
Re: SPAZ 2
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 06:05:33 pm »

Just going to post here to make sure that I can keep up with this.  Played the first one to the end, it was alright.  I'll probably throw money at this at some point.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 06:18:20 pm »

Huh. Didn't even know this would have a second.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 06:27:29 pm »

ptw

I like the 3d thing. If done right it looks just as good as 2d, takes a load of work off the developer, allows ingame engine cinematics and has excellent modding potential (both from an in-house release standpoint as well as user mods).

I can see an X-wing vs TIE Fighter clone just waiting to be done from the engine, except that the name Space Pirates vs Zombies is already taken. Damn
It's a game. Have fun.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 04:09:48 am »

Looking at their proposed feature list, it seems they're going full Space Rangers on this. NPC captains doing the same things players do, time-based story progression, etc. The modular ships and other niceties are just icing on the cake. Very pretty. We'll see what they actually come out with in the end, but so far very pretty.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 05:38:54 am »

Considering the quality, cost, and time to develop of SPAZ original, I'm inclined to believe that when these guys say they'll do something, and at such and such time, they fucking(emphasis, not anger) will. SPAZ was awesome, no bugs, added new features somewhat, tons of polish. I kinda wish they had tried to stretch the vision some more, but looks like that's what SPAZ 2 is for. Of all the devs of indie games I've bought, or even medium devs like Paradox, I trust these guys the most. No shady crap like so many other devs.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 07:19:26 am »

Really looking forward to this. I should really remember to actually finish the first one :P
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 11:30:20 am »

i like it because of the new approach, it seems no story driven and instead is more of a sandbox........while i dont like the 200 agent stuff (i had preferred to do it a la X3, having the main factions in the game and be either a loyalist or just a wanderer like in the first game)....

i'll miss the idea of bulding my ships and choose their modules, but lorewise the galaxy seems to be in a dying age, as the zombies where the main source of the material in the game, now that zombies are more and more rare in the universe, there's a collapse of Rez in the galaxy and people has dedicated to scavenge and recycle instead of mass producing. that's the main argument of the game as i see it.

so you will be using salvaged parts be it from ancient relics or from enemy ships to grow your mothership, the mothership is your main ship in the game, you wont be able to build a fleet and command them while the mothership is stationed in the sun like in the first game, instead you take the mothership to action this time, and will be able to have some small single hull ships to help you...

i like the 3D approach but it still suffers the same problems of other 3D tactical space games, that fucking focus in a plane, instead of an actual space....but anyways...

there's still many things to know since this is a pre-alpha but the gameplay looks promising from now, minmax games delivers, just have to wait to know in depth about the features.....

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 12:49:25 pm »

I think I honestly preferred the 2D graphics, but this still looks like it could be pretty good.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 04:59:44 pm »

I greatly enjoyed SPAZ: if they polish this one up the same way, I'm sure I'll enjoy it just the same.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 06:12:49 pm »

Bluh, the original SPAZ was such a grind. I hope they fixed that this time.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 06:46:36 pm »

I hope they will add sandbox play after ending!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2014, 02:06:45 pm »

Only if you were on systems below your level. Keeping yourself at levels just above your level was the way to get science and new ships and lots of money really quickly :)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2014, 02:11:59 pm »

Only if you were on systems below your level. Keeping yourself at levels just above your level was the way to get science and new ships and lots of money really quickly :)
It also helped to not use larger galaxy sizes than you needed to.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 [2]