ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
SPAZ 2
« on: February 05, 2014, 04:09:40 pm »

TRAILER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuol96JX9W4

WHAT IS SPAZ 2?
SPAZ 2 is about survival, salvage, and ship construction. Explore a living galaxy, claim territory, fight to protect it, and create your perfect mothership on the fly using parts salvaged from enemy wrecks.

KEY FEATURES

Two hundred persistent Captains that are able to do everything the player can, including forming dynamic factions, building structures, controlling territory, and going to War.

A true living galaxy that is not player centric. It will develop differently each game through the interactions of the agents.

Time based galactic story events that happen whether the player is ready or not. These events add new threats and tools to deal with them. The Galaxy will need to find a new natural equilibrium each time a new disaster is unleashed.

Randomly generated modular parts. Build the mothership that suits your play style, on the fly, in seconds. Every part has its own unique stats that contribute to the mothership. Every part has its own hull integrity and damage states. Every part is a real, working, ship component.

Strategic ship building. The mass, location and shape of parts all matter. If a part blocks a turret, it will not fire. If a ship is too long, it will turn slowly. Too many engines will mean too little power for weapons. Every design choice counts.

A fully physics based 3d environment where everything is destructible, takes damage from impacts, can be grabbed and even thrown at enemies with the tractor beam.

Natural movement and controls. Movement is on a 2d plane and screen relative, much like an FPS. The combat feels like huge pirate ships battling on an ocean. Focus on tactical positioning and manage system power to unleash hell at the right moment.

Epic ship to ship battles. Tear the enemy apart piece by piece over minutes, instead of seconds.

Multiplayer arena modes using persistent profile based part inventories.

Local split screen coop.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: SPAZ 2
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 04:13:50 pm »

I am in love

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 04:18:22 pm »

Ugh. What a shame. I liked the 2dness of the previous game.

Also will combat boil down to the spamming of ships like in the previous game?

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 04:19:31 pm »

The only thing I dont like compared to old SPAZ is the ship look because of all this module mechanic. They just dont look that good, and lego like compared to the original game. Other than that, like it.
Edit: Yea, not a fan of full 3d also.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 04:34:08 pm »

Ugh. What a shame. I liked the 2dness of the previous game.?

Me too...  Controlling a ship in 3d always feels awkward to me.

I'll probably still get it though, I did really enjoy the first one.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 04:35:49 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 04:48:26 pm »

Meh if it's in 3d I hope we're able to go up and down as well, I hate spaceship games where everything is on the same y-plane.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 04:54:12 pm »

I better be able to choose ship deployments rather than the hard coded limitations based on mothership size like the first one.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 04:56:43 pm »

... the trailer clearly shows all the ships/stuff on the same plane.. its still 2d-movement wise, atleast in that trailer [there is a few rocks that arnt in the plane, but thats likely just background fluff]
Thats fine with me, i liked the old graphics style, but actually like this one better..
Sad that coop is only split screen, but other then that, looks really good.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 05:01:07 pm »

2-D Plane and View

There's clearly still a top down view if that's what you want.

The hull has been breached and the science is leaking out!

Oh man, that was my favorite line in SPAZ 1. Still makes me laugh. I'm really excited for this. I wonder to what extent the split screen co-op will be.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 05:10:11 pm »

some other details I just noticed

ship gets destroyed one component at a time

looks like you can build big ship out of lotsa small component

ramming is a thing

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 05:21:13 pm »

i played spaz a lot. this looks realy cool.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 05:50:52 pm »

Appears entirely too pretty for m'comp to be able to play worth a damn. Neat looking, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 05:53:18 pm »

Want :O

Forums say that there might be some early access before 2014 is over, but that they are terrible with keeping dates, so don't get too excited... :)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 05:53:26 pm »

Y'know, I came in prepared to be all, "SPAZ was fun, but I'm already waiting on Starsector, and that looks a lot more promising in the long run," but this surprised me. Might actually pick it up if the price is right.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 05:57:15 pm »

2-D Plane and View

There's clearly still a top down view if that's what you want.

The hull has been breached and the science is leaking out!

Oh man, that was my favorite line in SPAZ 1. Still makes me laugh. I'm really excited for this. I wonder to what extent the split screen co-op will be.
If you do a search about that quote.. its pretty much everywhere on internet now too haha. As for the game itself im glad there is finaly some unraveiling/?/More information coming out.

Cant wait to play it... i can see my working hours going down......
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?
Pages: [1] 2