Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Random Article Wiki-Warfare [Round 3: Organized Religion and Rumba Parties]  (Read 20391 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Random Article Wiki-Warfare [Round 2: Attempted Vehicular Manslaughter]
« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2014, 11:02:36 pm »

Woodencyberman...

spacebarbroke

Use_the_underscore?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 19, 2014, 11:03:28 pm »

Doesntworkeither.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 19, 2014, 11:04:08 pm »

You could use periods.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2014, 11:06:27 pm »

Copy and paste spaces? Virtual keyboard?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2014, 11:14:33 pm »

Write a
Code: [Select]
[color=transparent]Z[/color] between each word.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 20, 2014, 05:19:49 pm »

sayneener"neener"neenerbetweenneenereachneenerword. Thatneenerworksneenerforneenermeneenerallneenertheneenertime.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shit, uh, bump.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Who are we waiting on?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who are we waiting on?

No one, seems like I miscounted the number of players.

Well then.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

So, uh ...... bump?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, uh ...... bump?

Partially completed turn, then lost it. Sorry about the set-back, I'll have the full thing up reasonably soon.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Round 3: Organized Religion and Rumba Parties
Location: Rolea B'ier District, Kampong Chhnang Province, Central Cambodia

After managing to mostly avoid being run over by a car, Playergamer calls forth his followers to remove fractalman from life. However, most of his followers have ran, probably scared of being flattened under the hood of a speeding car. The handful that remain join with Playergamer and chase after fractalman, [Sprinting: 4 vs. 7+3(Car vs Foot)] but before they can reach the policewomen, she speeds off down the road, leaving the rap posse in the dust.

Mastahcheese enters a village nearby, setting up his speakers to make an important broadcast. The very act of setting the speakers down is enough to procure some villagers from their household. After a few minutes, the Masta' gets to work. [Speech: 8] Mastacheese lays out a soaring speech about the revival of the Red Guard, with him as its head, and he explains his mission. The few Chinese in the crowd cheer him on, while everyone else seems apathetic for the most part.

Elephant Parade sits down at a bench, beginning to write his next masterpiece, a Christian play about Skeleton Racing on a boat. [Abstract Skeleton Racing Playwriting: 5+3+3] The rough draft and layout is finished pretty quickly. All the fundamentalist Christian Skeleton Racers will love this one! Elephant Parade stands up, looking for some sort of editorial company, though none seem to be in the surrounding area. He wonders where all the Cambodians go to find editors and publishers for their scripts...

My Name is Immaterial continues to help immigrants at the Customs Office with their issues in order to gain a larger crew. [6+3] He secures eight more workers. [7+2] He gets ten more. [10+1] Twelve more. [5] After adding another crew member, it seems as if the security has had enough. Two guards confront My Name is Immaterial, "You can not have these people work for you! They are not citizens, and you are not either!" One of them waves his baton menacingly in Immaterial's face. Some of the immigrants now seem wary about joining Immaterial on his boat.

NAV runs aboard the SS William S. Ladd, busting a move. "Come on everyone, it's a party!" [Rumba Party: 2+2] No one comes aboard the ship as NAV elegantly dances in his exotic fashion. A few people do stand on the dock and watch him, like he was some sort of spectacle like an escaped zoo animal or a doomsday soapbox preacher.

During mastahcheese's speech, LordSlowpoke runs through the crowd, holding his Sonic Screwdriver overhead. Mastacheese begins promising to give Chinese students additional rights, when LS jumps right in front of him, pointing the screwdriver at the speaker point-blank. "CONFETTI!" [7 vs. 6] Mastacheese steps back and avoids a shower of colorful string, party poppers and novelty horns, though some of it does land on his shirt.

Darkpaladin109 looks for a cricket club to challenge someone on a betting match, but sadly finds that cricket is not too popular in Cambodia, as he can not find a club, and none of the locals can point him to one. In fact, most have never heard of cricket. Just when he gives up, a bearded man in a pair of overalls approaches him. The man smiles, "Cricket...chirp chirp..." He pats Darkpaladin109 on the head and begins singing, "~Irene...my one and only love...to be with you......my magic show is getting very popular in the street you know." He coughs and takes a swig from a bottle of mysterious liquid in his left hand.

Ddynamo explains his situation to the security guards at the airport. The guards let go of him, but do not let him leave. They speak a little bit to each other in Cambodian, and then turn back to him. "If we join you, what will we get in return?"

TamerVirus runs up to a group of old men. "HEATHENS. RELINQUISH YOUR FOOLISH WAYS AND TURN TO THE ONE TRUE GOD!" [Mormon Conversion: 8+2-8(Devout Monks)] Despite a fiery, lengthy speech explaining the entire story of Mormons to the Cambodian natives, filled with gestures and references, the robed old men do not seem impressed with TV's spiel. Huh, maybe trying to convert Buddhist Monks was not the greatest idea in the world.

Ozarck witnesses TamerVirus's Mormon speech, and furiously heads over to interrupt it. [8 vs. 4] Before TamerVirus can continue his speaking, Ozarck simply accuses him of heresy in a very loud tone, prompting the monks to leave. Satisfied, Ozarck heads for a church, and finds a small one in the district. He makes his way inside, addressing the local priest and then going through the traditional holidays and ceremonies of this time of year. The priest asks him, "Father Ozarck, what brings you all the way home to our land?"

fractalman drives away from Playergamer and his crew, looking for something resembling a police department. She manages to come across a single-story building with a police car outside. She parks and heads on in, finding a single man at the desk, watching a soccer game on television. He turns to her, "Yes madame?"

[The Barrier is up for ` Turns, so everyone must stay inside the borders of the District until it dissipates.
The Kampong Chhnang Airport is accessible, but flying is prohibited until the Barrier is gone.
All Owned Boats are currently at a Dock in the nearby Tonle Sap River.]

Spoiler: My Name is Immaterial (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Playergamer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: darkpaladin109 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Urist Mc Dwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ozarck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ddynamo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: fractalman (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TamerVirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LordSlowpoke (click to show/hide)

Rushed this turn, but hey, it's done! Now we can play again, and the next turn will be composed better.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

Gather my Polish Rap followers!
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

go find an Internet cafe
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16