Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Random Article Wiki-Warfare [Round 3: Organized Religion and Rumba Parties]  (Read 20387 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Random Article Wiki-Warfare [Round 1: Eastern Vacation]
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2014, 06:05:15 pm »

Insulting a group of disgruntled bikers will result in a chase out of the bar during which you comically knock over all their bikes, leaving them stranded and furious standing in the street as you wheel away in your car with your friend who wishes you wouldn't get him into these kinds of messes, whereas insulting a group of elderly monks leads inevitably to Kung Fu slaughter.

Someone post the appropriate video clips, please.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Article Wiki-Warfare [Round 1: Eastern Vacation]
« Reply #151 on: April 06, 2014, 07:48:32 pm »

Insulting a group of disgruntled bikers will result in a chase out of the bar during which you comically knock over all their bikes, leaving them stranded and furious standing in the street as you wheel away in your car with your friend who wishes you wouldn't get him into these kinds of messes, whereas insulting a group of elderly monks leads inevitably to Kung Fu slaughter.

Someone post the appropriate video clips, please.

LMAO!
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Article Wiki-Warfare [Round 2: Attempted Vehicular Manslaughter]
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2014, 11:10:15 pm »

Round 2: Attempted Vehicular Manslaughter
Location: Rolea B'ier District, Kampong Chhnang Province, Central Cambodia

Playergamer proceeds to the corner and claims it with the power of Polish Rap. [Polish Rapping: 9+2] Within minutes, a crowd of dozens of Cambodian youth surround Playergamer talking about the struggles in the Polish hood. Of course, none of them can understand him literally, but they get his vibe. Playergamer finishes his set to roaring applause. One of them tells him, "You are a very good rapper! Have you ever thought about going to Phnom Penh and entering in the monthly rap contest? The winner becomes very famous all across Asia."

Mastahcheese sneaks off the highway into a nearby village, slipping into the general store. It is there he lurks around inconspicuously, until he finds a rack with a half-dozen speakers. [Shoplifting: 9+2] He snatches the speakers and darts out the door before the cashier even knows that he was inside. Hiding behind a house, Mastacheese looks at his devices; they aren't the best quality, being made off of a Chinese assembly line, but the fact that there's six of them together means that their total volume should prove enough for his plan, whatever his plan is.

My Name is Immaterial heads over to the Airport, not looking for a flight to book, but instead heads over to customs where he finds a group of tired migrants trying to get a flight, but lacking a passport of some other form of identification, according to plan. MNII slides over to discuss them his plan to help them slip out of the country, in return for a month's worth of labor. [Aiding Illegal Immigration: 3+3] The migrant families decide to take their chances in custom rather than having to man the harpoons for thirty days. However, three young single men accept Immaterial's policy. Three's not much for a crew, but it's a start.

Ddynamo follows My Name is Immaterial to the Airport, but rather than heading to customs, he finds a spot where he can be visible and audible to the most potential customers. [Advertising in Airports: 1+3] Ddynamo manages to make 80 Riel (equivalent to 20 U.S. Dollars) in selling fake insurance policies, when two Airport Security guards moves in on him. "Who are you? What are you doing here? Do you have a license? What is this?" One of them holds up an "Insurance Policy", which is really a napkin with some scribbles and a fake signature, (designed by Ddynamo, all Rights Reserved).

Elephant Parade runs for the Tonle Sap River. He deflates his XP-Class Lifeboat and hoists it onto the surface of the HMS Sturgeon. His boats are ready for action, though he's the only member of the crew. Captain Elephant Parade ponders his next move...

Urist Mc Dwarf heads down by the Docks of the Tonle Sap, scouring under them to search for treasure. [Treasure Hunting: 9+2] Just when it looks like the damp lakebed is devoid of any treasure, Urist comes across a parchment buried beneath some sand. Despite being obviously quite old, the parchment is still legible, even if Urist can not understand the ancient language and the secrets it holds. It could be anything from an ancient manuscript to a piece of accidentally preserved newspaper.

Darkpaladin109 does the first thing any visitor to Cambodia does, and looks for a train. This is a bad idea, as railways seem to be nonexistent in this country. There are less than 400 Miles worth of railroad tracks in Cambodia, all of which are currently out of order. Darkpaladin109 will have to revise his plan if he wants to see Nazis anytime soon.

Ozarck heads off to contact the Apostolic Vicariate of Phnom Penh in order to receive aid from other good Catholics. Unfortunately, he lacks a cell phone or similar device, so he seeks out a local to help him. One passerby allows Ozarck to use his flip-phone, but no calls are able to reach the Vicariate. "Far call? Bad reception," says the native, solemnly shaking his head as he takes his phone back from Ozarck.

Fractalman sits behind the seat of her Lagonda 16/80, revving up the engine. Near the edge of the highway she can see Playergamer rapping in front of a crowd. Target acquired. The car speeds down the highway as fast as it can accelerate at it's top speed of 80 MPH. (10 vs. 9) The crowd runs and screams, running away wildly, causing Playergamer to spin around and notice the incoming car. He leaps to the side, cutting his right arm across the ground as he lands, but otherwise unharmed as the old-timey car passes through the spot where he had just been standing.

[The Barrier is up for 2 Turns, so everyone must stay inside the borders of the District until it dissipates.
The Kampong Chhnang Airport is accessible, but flying is prohibited until the Barrier is gone.
All Owned Boats are currently at a Dock in the nearby Tonle Sap River.]

Spoiler: My Name is Immaterial (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Playergamer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: darkpaladin109 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Urist Mc Dwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ozarck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ddynamo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: fractalman (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TamerVirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LordSlowpoke (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 11:00:02 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2014, 11:14:17 pm »

Take my rap followers, and use my group skills to solve the problem of fractal being alive.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2014, 11:22:20 pm »

Can I see Ddyanmo's predicament? And is a four a success to recruit illegal immigrants?

Also, since mastahcheese is the leader of a radical Chinese-American party, devoted to equal rights for Chinese-Americans, does that make him Chinese-American?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:26:47 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2014, 11:24:39 pm »

Go and find a good spot to set up my speakers, and loudly broadcast the return of the Red Guard.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2014, 11:32:44 pm »

Begin writing an abstract Christian play about skeleton racing set on a boat.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2014, 12:04:57 am »

Can I see Ddyanmo's predicament? And is a four a success to recruit illegal immigrants?

Also, since mastahcheese is the leader of a radical Chinese-American party, devoted to equal rights for Chinese-Americans, does that make him Chinese-American?

Yeah, you can see it, as the Customs area and where he's standing aren't far apart.
Four is a marginal, kinda'-type sucsess, but not a real sucsess, know what I mean?

No, not necessairily, he's just devoted to the cause.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2014, 12:10:14 am »

Four is a marginal, kinda'-type sucsess, but not a real sucsess, know what I mean?
I think I do.
We can attempt as many actions in one turn, but failures will start to stack, right?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2014, 12:17:54 am »

Your right. Keep doing that over and over, and eventually you'll fuck up, leading to anything from the migrants not trusting you, to the airport booting your ass and banning you from all Cambodian airway services.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2014, 06:27:48 am »

Just look at it in terms of probability.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2014, 07:01:37 am »

Find someone to translate the scroll for me. Look for dropped coins or valuables in the District.[/b]Using what I get, purchase  up to 1 rifle and 1 pistol and a lot of ammo. Using my leftover money,hire some crew for the growler.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2014, 10:52:09 am »

Just look at it in terms of probability.
I don't think I've got this right. If I roll a 1 on illegal immigration assistance, then wouldn't it count as if I rolled a 4?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2014, 11:15:35 am »

Is it possible to still join this? if not, then waitlist! / PTW!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16