Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Random Article Wiki-Warfare [Round 3: Organized Religion and Rumba Parties]  (Read 20420 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Random Article Wiki-Warfare: Game 1 Started!
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 10:58:24 pm »

Sign up for the local baseball team. Failing that, go snap a branch off a tree to make a club.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2014, 11:06:49 pm »

Would I be able to join?

Fine. I suppose I'll be a bit lenient until the next turn is up.

Spoiler: Zanzetkuken The Great (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2014, 11:18:47 pm »

Stage 1:Get a cricket bat.

Stages 2-4
Get electronic components required to create two gauntlets that control two flying drones (components also gotten ahold of) in the shape of hands that respond to movement (ex. grabbing onto objects) of the gauntlets.
Create above gauntlets, with programming in sanskrit.
Quad-wield cricket bats.

(Correct me if I am wrong, but if this works, then would that mean that I would be able to attack an opponent 4 times, each with a +4 bonus, possibly a +6 for the two electronically held ones if the electronics is added?)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:22:19 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2014, 11:20:26 pm »

Get a cricket bat.
Get electronic components required to create two gauntlets that control two flying drones (components also gotten ahold of) in the shape of hands that respond to movement (ex. grabbing onto objects) of the gauntlets.
Create above gauntlets, with programming in sanskrit.
Quad-wield cricket bats.

(Correct me if I am wrong, but if this works, then would that mean that I would be able to attack an opponent 4 times, each with a +4 bonus, possibly a +6 for the two electronically held ones if the electronics is added?)
That seems like a bit much for one turn.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2014, 11:23:05 pm »

That seems like a bit much for one turn.

That's true.  Cropped it down to one, but remainder kept on as 'to do later'.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2014, 11:34:43 pm »

You could attack an opponent four times, but the whole attacking process would be one action and only count as one roll. So you very well might manage to hit them less than four times, or possibly not at all.
And the bonuses would not stack in the way that you're intending them to. You'd get a +2 to programming the bats with Electronics, but it wouldn't stack with +2 for Batting, because actually swinging a bat doesn't require any electronics skill. So for example, if a character with a Batting attribute stole your electrified bat, they could use it just as well as you could. The Sanskirt bonus wouldn't help with anything except programming in Sanskirt which simply changes the programming language and nothing else.
Also, you'll probably be confined to a tiny village in northern France for the first few turns. You may want to consider that.

@Elephant Parade:

You can perform however many actions you want in a turn. However, if you mess up at any point, the rest of your actions will be effected. Say that someone's actions for their turn were "Punch through wall, then climb a ladder, then jump over a fence". This could all go well, but if they end up breaking their hand on the first action, they will then fall off the ladder and break their leg, and then when they get to the fence, will probably miss the jump and smash their face. See the inherent drawbacks of doing to many actions?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2014, 11:56:32 pm »

DIPLOMANCE SELF A CZECH EMBASSY

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2014, 02:09:51 am »

Form alliance with LordSlowpoke and Mastacheese. run for political office. Collaborate with Donuts on producing a children's book about the fictional assassination of African Americans and other minorities.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2014, 04:59:50 am »

There may be a shop selling ice skates. Find it.
If not, run around the village finding what is there.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2014, 05:22:09 am »

oh.  alliances...

anailaiter, I would like to offer you an alliance.  your +10 on anything dealing with knowledge of an obscure planet will be more usefull than you could possibly imagine...but I...I am the one with a plan to make it useful. 

Um. I'm still a bit new to the forum-run RPG world.  What's the general policy on alliances in a hostile-freeforall like this?
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2014, 06:51:21 am »

I think, that by pure coinceddence one of these powers is situated very close to where I live, I am slightly freaking out.
First claim Buchanan castle, second be the king.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2014, 07:43:35 am »

Um. I'm still a bit new to the forum-run RPG world.  What's the general policy on alliances in a hostile-freeforall like this?

In games such as this, alliance are permitted unless the rules state otherwise. As a GM I'm responsible for the Dice Rolls, the environment and NPCs. As Alliances fall under the category of Communication, which is a Free Action, they are to be handeled by the player. All aspects of the Alliance, such as who gets to be let in or how to handle any breakage from the alliance is the business of the players, I will merely handle the fateful Dice.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2014, 07:46:14 am »

Run around the village spawning ground beetle colonies everywhere, prefferably on people.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2014, 08:59:59 am »

Can I join? If not, waitlist please.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2014, 10:15:53 am »

Form alliance with LordSlowpoke and Mastacheese.

GRACIOUSLY ACCEPT ALLIANCE OFFER
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16