Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: You are a Dragon  (Read 18954 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dragon
« Reply #180 on: February 11, 2014, 05:35:59 pm »

I think our first thing to do would be to check on ourselves, and see if we've grown or changed any in our sleep.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2014, 05:36:24 pm »

Let us not be too hasty to appear before the manatees. They have done well in our absence. Perhaps for a time it would do us well to watch how they progress from afar, guiding them silently, lest they become too reliant upon us.

The Golden Age of the manatees will be quiet, but when it has begun they will say they have done it themselves.

To the contrary, completely secluding ourselves will make them completely independent of us, which we do not want. We want advancements among the manateemen, but not independence. I suggest examining each of the islands that are inhabited, and when night comes (or whenever they sleep) go to our spokesman and speak with him.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2014, 05:54:34 pm »

You fly out of the volcano ontop of the island in a quiet manner. You then swiftly turn towards the sea midair, and enter the ocean in an extremely rapid movement. You swim for many miles until you feel safe enough to be unseen. You just want to be the first to see yourself.

You fly out of the water and gaze upon your reflection. Turning and twisting around in the air {which is great fun} you look at every angle of your being.

You have almost doubled your size, and your wings have a huge spanlength. Your tail has split into five strains, and they end in claws now. Your skin colour still ranges from green to blue to black, with occasional spots of magma coloration. Beneath your three rows of razor sharp teeth you have developed a 5ft long tongue, similar to the rasping tongue of the squid. You are able to spit magma now, but only when you eat amounts of rock.

At night you land closeby the village, and send a message to your spokesman. After a while, an old man sitting on a small canoe comes closer to you. Your spokesman has grown old. It must have been thirty years.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 11, 2014, 05:56:19 pm »

Embrace the manatee.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2014, 06:52:29 pm »

It may be time for the Age of Manatee Steam. The spread of Industrialization shall help us make the world into more easily digested chunks.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2014, 07:20:57 pm »

I think that steampower is still pretty far away from these guys.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2014, 07:21:33 pm »

I think the manatees must industrialize, then we should use them to conquer the humans. After the humans, THE WORLD!

But srsly, no competition on the planet will make the world eating run a little more smoothly.
"zzz"

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2014, 07:22:21 pm »

Excuse my double post;

I agree, so let's start by talking to our spokesman about how our civilization has advanced over our slumber.
"zzz"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2014, 07:27:33 pm »

I think the manatees must industrialize, then we should use them to conquer the humans. After the humans, THE WORLD!

But srsly, no competition on the planet will make the world eating run a little more smoothly.
Our only substantial competition (that we know of) is other great beasts. Conquering the world seems like an unnecessary step, though it could be used to distract some of our more powerful obstacles. Perhaps if we eat the unoccupied parts of the world first, we might grow large enough to ignore whatever armies the tiny civilizations might throw at us.

I agree, so let's start by talking to our spokesman about how our civilization has advanced over our slumber.
Well, we did promise a new age of prosperity, but perhaps this one is conveniently close enough to our awakening that we can take it as example.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 11, 2014, 07:41:38 pm »

Our only substantial competition (that we know of) is other great beasts. Conquering the world seems like an unnecessary step, though it could be used to distract some of our more powerful obstacles. Perhaps if we eat the unoccupied parts of the world first, we might grow large enough to ignore whatever armies the tiny civilizations might throw at us.

Well, we did promise a new age of prosperity, but perhaps this one is conveniently close enough to our awakening that we can take it as example.

The humans could well become advanced enough to defeat us; especially if they ally with another great beast. Further, humans have ingenuity, so if we industrialize the manateemen, then go to war with the humans, the humans could take the technology and perhaps figure it out, presenting a bigger danger.

Also, do we still grow? I was under the impression that we stopped growing, or is our diet just fixed now?
"zzz"

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 11, 2014, 07:46:08 pm »

You warmly embrace the old manateeman. He is very happy.

"Spokesman, tell me of all the advancements you have made over the past years, since I was gone."

"Oh your highness, many things have changed since you left. I must say life used to be simpler, but we have made such beautiful devices. See we learned how to build canoes and rafts, and are able to move fire through the waves with it. Also we can stay dry too, but a swim is always nice isn't it. We learned how to craft with stone, fairly well, but our problem is obtaining the stuff. Luckily the orangutans have changed. They are our firm brothers now, dwelling on the land, bringing us wood and rock. We can build simple tools now and construct simple buildings. My son has seen gigantic ships on the horizon but we haven't seen any for years. We set up some crab farms, and knit nets. We even trained dolphins to drive fish into them.

We have mapped 9 different tribes, they all heard of you but did not see you. Some believe us, some think we are madmen.
The nine tribes are as follows:
- The Tribe of the Coral Flute led by Aljahna
- The Tribe of the Furious Roar led by Krane
- The Tribe of the Curious Hammerhead led by Daikan
- The Tribe of Careless Whispering led by Ken
- The Tribe of Paradox led by Ummagi
- The Tribe of Waves led by Yak
- The Tribe of Lances led by Dante
- The Tribe of Tridents led by Carmensito
- The Tribe of Serpents led by Sizzlack

The Serpents hate our guts, and cannibalize too. They are a minor threat, but haven't attacked in a while. Supposedly they do evil witchcraft and prey to serpentine gods.

Over the years I observed the striving of the tribe and have come to some conclusions. Having made contact with you, Oh Highness, has changed us. We have become more inventive and less afraid. Also our mating cycles have increased. A similar change has been seen by the orangutans. I think it could be related to the gems you possess, but it is just a guess. I am proud to tell you that I am the most respected man in the village. It is not only due to being your spokesman. You see, I became more intelligent and well spoken, I was able to gain insights from events that unstirred me in the past."

ooc: Oh you grow, you just don't change abilities as massively as before, but you grow

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 11, 2014, 07:52:37 pm »

"doubled in size" in fact. Hmm, those serpentine gods sound tasty...

Let us show ourselves that we might astonish the doubters. Show ourselves first to our main tribe, that they may rejoice.

Hmm, it seems one of my suspicions is confirmed. We should look into acquiring more gems.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 11, 2014, 08:21:12 pm »

We must accost the Serpent tribe, but before we do so, quick question, are they all manatee men under various names? Or literally serpentmen? In any case we should try to reason with them first, and convert them to our religion (centered around us I think, since the manatees effectively worship us). Failing that, consult the manatees and state that the infidels must be destroyed, but that we would not do so (though we could) without the support of the manatees. Doing so attaches the manatees closer to us and makes them more loyal, in case they disapprove of our actions, which could lead them to become less loyal.
"zzz"

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 11, 2014, 08:25:54 pm »

Well they are all tribes of the manatees.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 11, 2014, 08:35:24 pm »

If we cannot make that tribe submit to us, we should indeed ask before we destroy them. But we should use alternate wording. "I hear that our people are troubled by a wayward tribe. Would they wish the infidels destroyed?"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18