Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: You are a Dragon  (Read 18949 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dragon
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2014, 10:53:41 am »

BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2014, 11:07:39 am »

{ooc: you have 5 dietary slots, of which 1 is on rocks and 1 on general fish...}

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2014, 11:17:57 am »

No birds. Sharks yes. Also something capable of digging if we actually plan on trying to devour the world. Maybe venomous fish and poisonous plants so we gain immunity. And hot stuff too.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2014, 11:23:47 am »

ooc: Maybe i should point out that your decision will determine a couple of years, leading towards the final form. While you wont get the complete end result you will be close to it, and a new part of the game begins, with slower time intervals and such. Also, your diet will determine where you will live, if you say you want poisonous plants it is fine, but it will most likely result in being at least partly accustumed to live on land. This will forbid to add deep sea creatures as stable diet, while being a sea creature would forbid you a diet based on land creatures. Much of the focus of the game will be based off of your dietary choice now. So please choose five dietary choices, in a beautiful to see manner so it can be easier voted on and such. Thank you. ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 11:25:42 am by Detoxicated »

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2014, 11:32:53 am »

We must leave one slot open for eating (drinking?) magma from an undersea volcano.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2014, 11:37:53 am »

There aren't poisonous plants underwater?

Hot rocks and lava
Fish
Aquatic mammals and the occasional land animal
Plants both underwater and on land
Decaying corpses

Being a deep sea dragon isn't that important to me anyway.
Sure thing peanut man!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2014, 11:42:40 am »

Hate to double post but if becoming a world dragon isn't a realistic goal my vote is changed to:

Hot rocks and lava
Fish
Something capable of digging
Bats
Decaying corpses and plants

Edit: Thinking underground lake lair where we eat fish, bats, moles and occasionally drag down something larger from the surface, let it decay a bit in the water and snack on it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 11:47:22 am by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2014, 11:57:02 am »

Hate to double post but if becoming a world dragon isn't a realistic goal my vote is changed to:

Hot rocks and lava
Fish
Something capable of digging
Bats
Decaying corpses and plants

Edit: Thinking underground lake lair where we eat fish, bats, moles and occasionally drag down something larger from the surface, let it decay a bit in the water and snack on it.
Doesn't sound half bad, but I think we should occasionally go for some very deep fish.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2014, 12:25:10 pm »

Let us be a coastal dragon, staying in the deep by day and venturing to the surface by night. We will feast upon rocks and minerals, including the molten ones. We will eat the mightiest sea creatures we can. We will eat flying creatures when we can, likely seabirds. For the other 2 slots, I don't have a preference. With this arrangement, out lair would be incredibly difficult to reach for any prospective enemies, but we'd still have access to land.

If we make minerals/lava a large part of our diet, won't that already make us a digging creature? Presumably we could just eat/chew our way through rock if we ate enough of it while developing.

Ideally we should become a magma dragon, since that is awesome, but I'd settle for Terror of the Sea. Say, "Lord of the Sea" sounds like a good title, which could also serve as a name.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2014, 12:50:21 pm »

I'll put my votes this way;

Fish - We like fish and swimming. Let us keep this way. Fish include sharks. That is good.

Sea Birds - Eventually, we will want to take to the sky. Thankfully, some of the most best flying birds are sea birds. Take the albatross for example. Massive wingspan.

Igneous Rocks - To dig, we shall eat rocks. In addition, this will likely make our skin tougher. This should also make us resistant to lava in some ways.

Metamorphic Rocks - Because molten rocks aren't the only rocks that exist. By being able to bore through metamorphic rocks, we will eventually hit and devour the core of the earth.

Snakes - Let's be honest, we don't have anything related to claws and at this rate we never will. However, we may as well give ourselves a nasty bite if someone tries to fight us. Being able to wrap and choke them to death is a nice bonus.

If rocks simply count as one thing, then I vote for Fishermen. They will not steal from our ocean.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2014, 01:13:11 pm »

Sharks? As much as I love those adorable little predators, you're not thinking right. Killer whales are apex predators. Sharks are not.

Sea birds, agreed. Gulls, albatrosses. Spiffy things like that.

Fish? Look for poison ones, like stonefish, jellyfish, blue-ringed octopi, pufferfish, etc. If Mushroom Dragon is toxic, we need some hard-core poison to counter it. Sea snakes count, too.

Rocks should also include coral if we can. The more rock types, the better.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2014, 02:00:38 pm »

You decide upon an aquatic lifestyle, as you see that a rock diet will not be sufficient on the long run. So you begin your first years by hunting bigger schools of sharks, as well as the occassional albatross and gull. You grew vehemently, and your body adapts more and more to the biome you inhabit. Quickly you find your way around, always travelling between the coral reefs, the deep black sea, and the shorelines. Hardly ever you walk back on land.

In the corral reef you have found quite the supplements to your diet, as you begin to feed on anemones, sea snakes, and corals. The rocks surrounding the corrals have a uniquely pleasant taste to them, and a great colouration.

Your favorite food so far, however are the orca whales that happen to show up every now and then. Their flesh has made you bigger and more intelligent than ever, so it seems.

You began mapping the area, and have found several aquatic volcanos. The hot lava is a dangerous treat, but whenever you do reach out to these places you feel that its worth the effort.

You are 15 ft tall and 40ft long. Your body is slender, adapted to a life underwater. Your feet are finlike and your legs are long. Your tail is extremely long and very muscular. You have three rows of teeth, and the second row is especially powerful, long, and sharp. Eating rocks and corals has made your scales very tough, while the poisonous animals have made your skin slightly poisonous. Eating magma has given you the ability to produce extremely hot air from your lungs, giving you an effective steam breath.

You are 20 years old and a bit bored with your life. You could go on eating and eating, but you feel that there should be more to your life. Your dream of becoming a world dragon is still existant, but the swimming around part, gets on your nerves. It is time to find a suitable lair, for you to inhabit and decorate. Finding intellectual beings would brighten your day too, as you begin to feel lonely.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2014, 02:08:08 pm »

Drag ships to a grotto deep below, build a palace at the bottom of the sea out of their wrecks. See if any great sea monsters exist and devour them. We cannot have competition.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2014, 02:48:08 pm »

Drag ships to a grotto deep below, build a palace at the bottom of the sea out of their wrecks. See if any great sea monsters exist and devour them. We cannot have competition.
+1
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2014, 02:57:30 pm »

Maybe find an underwater cave to drag them to. Also conquer a coastal town and demand they serve us.
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18