Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: You are a Dragon  (Read 18916 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dragon
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 05:18:14 pm »

You decide to taste more of the food around these parts. Afterall it isn't easy being a youngborn dragon. You will most likely be spending the next fifty years or so being in a constant state of hunger. You will grow to be huge, already after fifty years you should be 20-25 ft high and 80-120ft long. For now you will hunt for different foods.

You begin to sense birds surrounding you, and you see that they have the advantage of being fliers, while you are crawling the ground. So you decide to climb some sturdy tree to wait for a target to fly by. You jump and bite into the head of a young Flying Peacock. You crash down, but being a dragon brings the advantage of being rather Sturdy. The consumption of the Peacock has made your backbones extend a little bit, and your snout has become beakyer.

Then you go to the next menu, the oak tree you climbed earlier. You begin chewing on it and it tastes awful, but you can feel and intense new energy flowing into you. Your toes extend a bit and your scales become a tad bit darker.

Now that you learned that you indeed can take any form, you contemplate about possible goals of yours. You don't know much about this world, and you haven't seen anything. Most animals should not be a great threat to you, so you could wander. On the other hand you could stay in the area to explore it more thorougly.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 05:20:34 pm »

It's daytime. Find some bats and consume them in their sleep.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 05:22:06 pm »

Then eat more fish.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 05:28:56 pm »

[ooc:i want to pace this up so this game won't be a game where I keep on writing on the habits of the dragon. right now we are in a forest there is different biomes around if you look which in turn gives you new possible prey but it is entirely okay for you to stay there. All i am saying is maybe think of a long term plan so we can speed it up a few years.]

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 05:31:09 pm »

Follow the river, then, and see where it takes us. Eat as many fish, rocks, and dragonflies as we can on the way.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 05:42:24 pm »

The following days you follow the river downstream towards the south. On your way you get to eat many different treats. You churn on delicious salmon while taking a swim. As their flesh enters your body you feel more and more atune to the waters. Eating rocks has proven to be a very painful experience. You felt your skin harden alot but you feel that you really have to concentrate on rocks to get a fulfilling experience out of it.
During the nights, as you won't be sleeping for another year, you caught some bats, and found out where they live and they have become a steady food for you, as you love biting their heads off. You can feel wings growing, so far they are only fangs, but your breast has grown increasingly and you feel that in a matter of weeks you might be flying. Strangely your hearing has become much more accurate but bright light becomes increasingly uncomfortable for you.
Dragonflies and frogs are next on the menu. It all started when you watched meditatively upon the river. A frog, sitting on a leaf, waiting cautiously. Then a dragonfly flies by, and he snaps his tongue out. Dragonflies are very difficult to catch and hardly worth the effort, but frogs taste rather unique.

The forest becomes thicker and thicker by every day passing, the weather has changed to, as it changed from a mild climate to a very humid and hot place. The river has also grown in size and strength. You feel that this place is more challenging.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 05:49:34 pm »

Overview

Dragon Stats

Improved Hearing
Can hold lungs for 1 hour.
Unattuned to Rock Diet
Webbed clawed feet

Steady Diet 2/5: Fish, Bats

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2014, 06:38:43 pm »

Drink a lot of water, too.

Keep eating rocks. We've got to practice if we ever want to eat metal and glass.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2014, 06:40:30 pm »

Yep. And swim in the river.
Highly Opinionated Fool

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2014, 07:11:44 pm »

Eat the ducks and the waterfowl! Why not have the best of both worlds!?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2014, 07:38:25 pm »

You begin munching on some pebbles, but they taste crappy. Lucky for you that you weren't that hungry in that particular moment. The moon is shining above you as youre standing on a small clearing, surrounded by mammothian trees.

This beautiful sight makes you remember that you still haven't found purpose, it is as if you are wandering aimless through the world, constantly growing but unknowing of why and without knowledge if he should bother. The food, and the steady change of ability keeps you amused long enough, but in moments like these you begin to wonder.
What is the purpose of existance?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2014, 07:45:00 pm »

To build a city under the ocean!
Highly Opinionated Fool

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2014, 07:48:35 pm »

We have seen what happens when we eat things. Our destiny is to eat this world, and thus become a world dragon. We will begin with its water, then its sky, and finally the land.

I think we've been eating too many philosophers. Must have been the dragonflies.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2014, 07:50:26 pm »

We have seen what happens when we eat things. Our destiny is to eat this world, and thus become a world dragon. We will begin with its water, then its sky, and finally the land.

I think we've been eating too many philosophers. Must have been the dragon flies.

Indeed. When we devour the world, the philosophers will be the first to go.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2014, 07:52:26 pm »

Ooh, I like this goal. Lets do it! Become the first world dragon! Everyone knows of the world turtles, but we are the world dragon!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18