Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: You are a Dragon  (Read 18962 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dragon
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2014, 03:07:01 pm »

Celebrate with them. May as well enjoy ourselves a little bit.

Celebrate with an awesome roar and cliche dragon pose. Also what kind of culture do our {what ever you call our revering civilazation} have?

Any art or writings? Do they have connections with anyone at all? If so we may consider absorbing some into our little aquatic Kingdom.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2014, 09:17:40 pm »

You claim your spot inbetween the dancing manateepeople. Several of them attempt to climb you, you receive plenty of kisses. This lot really adores you. You begin communicating with the spokesman.

"Do you have writings to read" He looks at you confused. "Are there any others like your people?"

"Oh there is many, scattered around the islands. Except for one, which is a dangerous place." "Tell me more about your culture"

Your spokesman begins talking to you, about how the earth cracked open and gave them these islands. As they used to live in the shallow waters and the occasional sandbank before. They are band of loose families. Their culture is reduced to the simple toolmaking, and primitive woodworking. "I am amazed by the rock that you brought to us. I am sure we will find good use for it"

This is when an orangutan appears at the beach closeby, you notice it by echolocation. You seperate from the tribe with a last triumphant pose, a quick strike of steam into the air, and a swift flight to the beach.

You land in front of the orangutang and he kneels down. A blue gem falls down to your feet. You look at the gem, it seems to be saphire. You feed on the gem and you feel how the gem pushes itself on your forehead, next to the ruby.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2014, 09:23:27 pm »

If the Manatee is the sea, then the Orangutan is land. Thank him for his efforts.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2014, 10:04:29 pm »

Experiment new sapphire powers(if any)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2014, 11:18:54 pm »

Tell the Orangutang his species is now sacred to us.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2014, 02:46:36 am »

+1, although I guess we're abandoning the whole World Eater plan, seeing as how we're going to make protectorates of pretty much every friendly species we encounter.

Also, Eat a tiger.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2014, 08:02:36 am »

The orangutan's bravery and foraging skills have earned it's species a protector. They'll be our scouts on the island i think. Also maybe we should visit the other tribes *hint hint*.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2014, 01:31:59 pm »

+1, although I guess we're abandoning the whole World Eater plan, seeing as how we're going to make protectorates of pretty much every friendly species we encounter.

Also, Eat a tiger.
Oh, we're still going to eat them. It's for their own good, after all. In our theology, we shall present the future dragon-world as an afterlife for the worthy, and orangutangs shall have a privileged place in the new world (once we become it).

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2014, 01:41:19 pm »

Yes. Eventually, all things will be devoured. But the new world will be filled with their kind, and the dolphin/orangutans will be chief among them. If we can find a bird that we can claim as a protectorate then we are set.
BIRDS.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2014, 03:30:49 pm »

You look at the orange orangutan, who looks curious in your direction. With a stern look on your face you tell him "Your race shall be sacred in the world-dragon" You blow some hot steam into the air, and kindly hold a wing over the orangutan as a gesture of good will. He seems to be empowered by this and begins to jump up and down in a frantic manner. You take a small sprint and jump into the air to fly in the glistening sunlight.

Over your island you fly, and still you find new things. A small pond next to a beautiful palmtree. Then a strange rock formation. All atop of the barely grassed black stone. You land at a clearing, and almost imediately you find yourself facing a tiger. How could you have missed this fella?

You begin circling the beast in a playful manner, afterall he is so much smaller than you. He tries to run away, but like a cat with its mouse, you paw him towards you whenever he is to far off. At last you swipe him and bite into his head. Yummy.

You begin to charge into the air again, as you remembered your spokesman's words. There are many tribes of manateemen on the surrounding islands. So you begin to fly to each of them. There is nine of them. Each village consists of roughly the same population as yours. You also realized that there is ten islands surrounding your island, but one of them seems to be unpopulated.

Several weeks later you return to your tribe. You realize that they have created a statue of you, standing next to a orangutan and a dolphin. They all chant to greet you. Your spokesman produces himself in front of you and says "We have made a great effort, your highness, we have created this marvelous statue, and this pillar to put the statue on. You see an obsidian pillar and are astonished. They have managed to create a perfect cubic pillar of obsidian, and there is more, you see them using rock tools.

Your spokesman speaks up: "The orangutans have swum here, isn't that strange. They had one who was able to talk. They are working with us now. They were the ones to gather all the rock, we just became inventive with it. I don't know it seems as if you are giving us insights we never had before, yourt highness." You see some manateechildren swimming with dolphins. You raise an eyebrow. "Oh we saved a few from a humongous kraken, by using spears on the thing. We fed them, and showed them some tricks. They are fun to play with and they seem to like it here. They help us hunt too, your highness. You were wise to spare them."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2014, 04:55:40 pm »

If the kraken still lives, we must devour it.

Shall we consider giving our followers the secrets of steam power? Or are their simple ways advancing quite quickly enough for our tastes?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2014, 05:17:01 pm »

Yes, we must finish what the manatees have started.

As for steam power, not yet. But they are rapidly proving their worthiness of such power, so I do not want to eliminate the possiblity steam punk manatees.

Regardless, they must know that they have done well. One day, they too will be creatures sacred to us.
BIRDS.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2014, 05:20:11 pm »

Very well. We will reward them with the meat of the Kraken.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2014, 06:01:20 pm »

Very well. We will reward them with the leftover meat of the Kraken.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2014, 06:09:34 pm »

There will be no leftovers.

Aspiring world dragons always finish their meals.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18