Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: 3DS games?  (Read 5942 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
3DS games?
« on: February 03, 2014, 03:42:41 pm »

I got fed up of doing nothing during the ludicrous amount of time I spend sat on trains these days and just ordered a 3DS XL with Fire Emblem: Awakening.  What other games are worth taking a look at?  I'm mainly interested in RPG and TBS games, but feel free to suggest anything that's good.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS games?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 03:46:42 pm »

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 04:04:30 pm »

I got fed up of doing nothing during the ludicrous amount of time I spend sat on trains these days and just ordered a 3DS XL with Fire Emblem: Awakening.  What other games are worth taking a look at?  I'm mainly interested in RPG and TBS games, but feel free to suggest anything that's good.

Heh. 3ds and a train. Better bring your barf bag :P

You could always take a look at the 3ds rpg section on gamefaqs. They tend to have a lot of reviews up. And usually  you can see if a game is fun or not depending on what kinds of forum topics they make about it on the forum there.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 04:06:54 pm »

Did you have a DS before your 3DS? If not, there's a lot of regular DS games worth recommending, and they're cheap too. Advance Wars, for instance, as well as the Mario & Luigi games.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 04:07:56 pm »

I found Mario and Luigi: Dream Team fun (I helped my mother play it), but I suggest you be careful as it uses the touch screen a lot and in many cases it encourages quite vigorous motion.

Get a screen protector. And an empty train car.
Nothing important here, move along.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 04:32:59 pm »

Right, If your a fan of Final Fantasy (Pre 12 or maybe even 10) GET Bravery Heart...
Its like going back to FF3 or so and experiancing a fantastic story...

When I got it. I put the game off for a bit to hang with some friends and play some Multiplayer games. Finally getting ready for bed, I decided to crawl in with my 3DS and play some Bravery Heart. I was stunned to be greeted by a fantastic 3d animation that rivals that of both of Pixar and the Disney department if they were ported to 3DS abilitiy. So snuggling in I start to enjoy the quick tale told before suddenly the games like... NOW USE THE ARCard WHICH CAME WITH THE GAME!!!
I was like... WTF??? I open the case and find that on the back of the foldout that they use for manuals these days was an ARCard which after stubbling though my dark room to the lightswitch to actually allow the 3DS to see the card, I was greeted by.... ACTUALLY I will leave that to you to find out...
Anyway, combat system, INTERESTING. Story, Fantastic FF of old. Artstyle, BEAUTIFUL!!!...

Get Bravery Heart!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 04:37:42 pm »

Right, If your a fan of Final Fantasy (Pre 12 or maybe even 10) GET Bravery Heart...

Get Bravery Heart!!!

Did you mean "Bravely Default"?

I've heard a lot of people say Bravely Default is most similar to Final Fantasy 5. (Then again, all the people I've heard that from love Final Fantasy 5. So take that as you will.) That's coming out in the US later this week, if I recall correctly.

Anyways, I'll always plug Monster Hunter - in this case Monster Hunter 3 U, and soon Monster Hunter 4 U - and will recommend-based-on-hearing-about-them things like Etrian Odyssey (if you like dungeon crawling), Rune Factory (RPG + Harvest Moon), Kid Icarus, and recommending purely because I like the series it's in, Phantasy Star Zero.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 04:49:07 pm »

I can whole-heartedly second Rune Factory. RF 4 is the 3DS installment, but the other ones are on the DS, so they would be compatible. Though if you wanted to play the earlier installments I would say get them first. RF4 makes so many subtle quality-of-life improvements that it could be frustrating going back to the earlier games after playing it. :P

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 04:51:10 pm »

Some good looking suggestions here, keep 'em coming :)

Get a screen protector.

A what now?

E: I'm also open to DS games, this is my first handheld since a Gameboy Colour.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 04:55:29 pm by lordcooper »
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 04:54:06 pm »

Any of the Shin Megami Tensei games on the 3DS, I'd recommend SMT IV or Devil Survivor Overclocked the most.
Bravely Default looks good, theres a pretty big demo for it.
Etrian Oddysey IV is also great, and it also has a big demo
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 04:55:35 pm »

It's a piece of plastic you stick to the screen to prevent scratches and dirt.

SMT Iv and Kid Icarus Uprising are both pretty good. (And the latter is probably the most hilarious game I've ever played)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 05:01:20 pm »

Just a friendly reminder that lots of games have demos in the online store. Make sure you try before you buy! (Even if you aren't using the eShop to buy the games themselves!)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 05:06:27 pm »

Get a screen protector.

A what now?

Screen protectors are plastic films that go over the touch screen. If you play a game like Dream Team that uses the touch screen quite violently it's very useful for taking the scratches. After it's been beaten to a pulp, you can peel it off and replace it with a new one.
Nothing important here, move along.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 05:48:37 pm »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 07:40:30 pm »

A few general recommendations:
Etrian Odyssey (I'd start with Millennium Girl-- it's a souped up version of the original, and the latest release. Has a lot of comforts. I prefer the sprite artwork of the original though...)
Rune Factory IV
Professor Layton series (any of them, really...)
Phoenix Wright (only on DS, other than the latest which is download only)
Shin Megami Tensei series is a solid bet as well.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5