Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ledirthadar: A Social Experiment Succession Banana  (Read 4276 times)

Relictus

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman in a yellow outfit
    • View Profile
Ledirthadar: A Social Experiment Succession Banana
« on: February 01, 2014, 09:02:06 pm »

Please do NOT post in this topic with your own account!
Use this account instead. The password is in the signature.

So, this thread is a social experiment succession fortress, where all posts will be made with the same account. Anyone who comes onto the forums will have access to it, but no one will know who anyone else is. The idea is to see how long the community as a whole can resist the urge to "grief", "troll", and other such things, along with the usual goal of making an awesome fortress and having some delicious bananas.

How it works
Anyone may claim a turn by posting a reply to that effect. When you claim a turn, please change the indicator (below) by editing this post to show that the turn has been claimed, so we don't get alternate timelines springing up all over where 2 different people thought it was their turn at the same time.

Right now, the turn is unclaimed also bananas

When you are finished your turn, post the save, and include the year and fort name, so we can keep the turns straight (the year being what year you ruled for, not the spring it ended on: for example, the first turn was year four, because it was over the course of the fourth year of the world). For example, the first turn would be year 4, fortress Ravenroads. A description of what happened would be nice, too. There will be no set time limit, but try to keep it around a week maximum.

If the fortress falls on your turn, that's okay! Just start up a new fort in the same world (Ledirthadar), and then pass on that save after a year. That said, don't intentionally commit suicide because you don't like the surroundings or something.

A list of saves will be kept below, which anyone may update when a new save becomes available.

Saves
Year 4, Fortress Ravenroads
Year 5, Fortress Ravenroads
Year 6, Fortress Ravenroads
Year 7, Fortress Ravenroads

Rules for the account
Note: these are all common sense rules, you really don't have to read them. Basically, just don't be dumb.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In addition to the above rules, there is one rule that isn't quite as obvious:
All posts must contain something banana-related. Also, each turn must have at least one image of a banana.

also bananas

bananas bananas bananas
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 01:41:59 am by Relictus »
The password to this account is dragonfire banana.

Okay, maybe it's actually dragonfire. But banana is a better password.

Relictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ledirthadar: A Social Experiment
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 09:02:46 pm »

This is the first turn.

Ledirthadar, Year 4
The Fortress of Ravenroads

After arriving at the fortress location, I decided that it was very promising. Lots of banana trees, a few pools of water, and a steep cliff face. With a little work, that could be smoothed to a sheer, unclimbable wall of rock, where we could carve fortification for archers to fir from. Right now, though I'm more concerned with maing some beds bananas to sleep on than walls to shoot from.

We finally finished the main underground areas: A workshop room, a foundry (a collection of forges and smelters), a dining room, farms, and several bedrooms.

Somne migrants arrived, so I quickly ordered the expansion of the living quarters to accomodate them.

More migrants arrived. I put two of them, both wrestlers, in the first military squad, and two more in a seperate archer squad. I ordered the wrestlers to begin weapons training immediately, with wiooden swords and shield from the carpenter's shop.

The dwarven caravan arrived, and I bought a lot of alcohol, along with a bar of iron and one of steel, due to the fact that neither has been found while mining.

A glassmaker had a strange mood and created a green glass earring.

We struck the caverns, which were filled with tetrahedrite. Not nearly as good as iron, but it's better than nothing. The first year of the fortress is ended, and it seems like it shall endure for many more.

Year 4
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 02:31:02 am by Relictus »

Relictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ledirthadar: A Social Experiment Succession Game
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 02:19:02 am »

bananas

Not very long, it seems.

Edit: Oops. Removing bananas. I thought the point was to see how quickly somebody would mess with things, but rereading the rules in the OP you said you DON'T want people to mess with things? That seems odd.

For the people reading this in the future, I crossed out random words and replaced them with "banana." For example, water became liquid banana.

I will be playing a turn. It will involve bananas.

Or maybe not. Perhaps I will merely make humorous banana-related comments in the future.

Y'know, I'm not sure why I picked bananas. I don't even like bananas. I just like the word. Banana. Banana. Banana.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 02:55:46 am by Relictus »

Relictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 03:12:38 am »

Taking a turn now. Report to follow.

Relictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 03:29:37 am »

Are you the banana person? Am I the banana person?

Nobody knows! bananas

Relictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 03:41:19 am »

Nobody knows! bananas

Banana.

Relictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 04:04:31 am »

Nobody knows! bananas

Banana.
Banana person here. I'm not telling whether or not the second post was me, but the third one was.

Edit: On an unrelated note, Retictus isn't as good of a username as banana.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 04:28:55 am by Relictus »

Relictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 06:04:11 am »

Spring, year 5:

The citizens of Ravenroads celebrated the new year with a massive party, attended by about half the fort. It's an alarmingly tight-knit group--everyone is friends with everyone, and some new romances have already formed. We'll just have to keep these dwarves busy until they lose touch with their friends and lovers.

The first project of the year was to make a beeline for the magma. We plowed through the next two caverns and had magma smelters up and running within a month.

The first baby of the fortress was born to Erith, the broker and newly appointed manager/bookkeeper. I renamed him Erith, after his mother. Ideally future overseers will keep track of family relationships in this way (or do something better).

Tekkud, the miner had a Fey mood, creating a diorite door. It's now defending the first cavern.

Adamantine mining is now underway. We've got enough for a squad's worth of weapons and a little bit of armor so far, as soon as we extract the strands and smelt them.

The elven caravan arrived. We very generously offered them an oaken log in exchange for all their cloth and food, and when they rudely declined, we seized the goods in retaliation.

Not too bad for one season. Hopefully I'll finish up the year tomorrow, then pass it off to the next Relictus.

Relictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 05:31:07 pm »

Spring, year 5:

The citizens of Ravenroads celebrated the new year with a massive party, attended by about half the fort. It's an alarmingly tight-knit group--everyone is friends with everyone, and some new romances have already formed. We'll just have to keep these dwarves busy until they lose touch with their friends and lovers.

The first project of the year was to make a beeline for the magma. We plowed through the next two caverns and had magma smelters up and running within a month.

The first baby of the fortress was born to Erith, the broker and newly appointed manager/bookkeeper. I renamed him Erith, after his mother. Ideally future overseers will keep track of family relationships in this way (or do something better).

Tekkud, the miner had a Fey mood, creating a diorite door. It's now defending the first cavern.

Adamantine mining is now underway. We've got enough for a squad's worth of weapons and a little bit of armor so far, as soon as we extract the strands and smelt them.

The elven caravan arrived. We very generously offered them an oaken log in exchange for all their cloth and food, and when they rudely declined, we seized the goods in retaliation.

Not too bad for one season. Hopefully I'll finish up the year tomorrow, then pass it off to the next Relictus.
Ooh, an artifact door. Always useful. How's the army doing?

Relictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 06:18:11 pm »

Spring, year 5:

Ooh, an artifact door. Always useful. How's the army doing?
The turn needs more bananas. Please dwarf me as Relictus, with profession "Banana."

In fact, you should name all the dwarves Relictus.

Relictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 06:44:42 pm »

Summer, year 5:

Ushrir weaponsmith withdrew from society and came out with an adamantine pick, "Dimpleseal the Humble Silence." A simple but deadly tool, it has just one decoration: an image of Dimpleseal the Humble Silence.

Ushrir proceeded to craft a couple of exceptional adamantine short swords for the first two members of the militia. The captain's an adept swordsdwarf, the other guy is skilled. We've also got a couple hammerdorfs in training.

The entrance to the fort is pretty well trapped now, equipped with some atom smashers and weapon traps full of green glass giant axe blades.

I have also started work on a mysterious outdoor construction project. It won't serve much purpose and I probably won't finish by year's end, but my hope is that future Relictuses will build on it and turn it into something worthy of bananas.

Relictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 07:53:57 pm »

bananas.
Excellent.

The turn could use some more images, though.

Relictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 08:05:58 pm »

Ushrir weaponsmith withdrew from society and came out with an adamantine pick, "Dimpleseal the Humble Silence." A simple but deadly tool, it has just one decoration: an image of Dimpleseal the Humble Silence.
Nice! We should draft one of the miners into the military to arm him with this grand weapon. No doubt his enemies minds will break from the fractal nature of the decoration.

Relictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, 08:42:43 pm »

Autumn, year 5:

Work continues. Smoothing of the fort is well underway, sunberries confiscated from the elves are growing, and we caught a giant cave spider. No deaths or serious injuries yet. Things are going much too well.

We got some limonite, iron, and steel from the dwarven caravan, so we should get some decent armor soon.

Sorry about the lack of pictures so far, but there's not too much to see, anyway. I've been planning to do a pictorial summary at the end.

Relictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2014, 09:54:37 pm »

Autumn, year 5:

Work continues. Smoothing of the fort is well underway, sunberries confiscated from the elves are growing, and we caught a giant cave spider. No deaths or serious injuries yet. Things are going much too well.

We got some limonite, iron, and steel from the dwarven caravan, so we should get some decent armor soon.

Sorry about the lack of pictures so far, but there's not too much to see, anyway. I've been planning to do a pictorial summary at the end.
One of the pictures should be a banana.

Also, as the banana person, I am curious as to who edited the picture and personal text. I did edit the sig, but that's because I didn't notice that we weren't supposed to. Oops.

It's not like I removed the password or anything, though.

Pages: [1] 2 3