Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The Grand Crusade  (Read 4421 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: The Grand Crusade
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2014, 02:29:13 pm »

On that note I say we should land in or near Thumb (if you don't remember it's in the bottom right) It seems like a good place to start with the *ahem* conversion. Assuming we can land anywhere there is water that is.

I would like to say Ash because there's places where my people can rob/pillage and gather good Intel on what the heathens are like and how cordial they are with each other.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2014, 02:37:14 pm »

I'm going to agree with whatever will put us farthest from the capital.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2014, 02:58:39 pm »

I'm going to agree with whatever will put us farthest from the capital.

True i'd like somewhere where we can cause damage, gather extra food, gather information, and take out lesser lords.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2014, 04:07:38 pm »

Thumb seems like a good idea. Or possibly Kerchen, since everything there's spread out enough that we could hit those isolated villages with little fear of retribution.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2014, 04:10:35 pm »

A Rather troubled cartographer steps forward to offer his help to the Lords of the Crusade. He arranges the four maps in such an order that they make sense. Each map form one quarter of the formerly large map at least roughly. Thus the left upper map forms the left upper quarter of the map.

Left Upper Quarter
http://i.imgur.com/HFAH0hw.png?1

Right Upper Quarter
http://i.imgur.com/QNrhVPw.png?1

Left Lower Quarter
http://i.imgur.com/7ygQuHe.png?1

Right Lower Quarter
http://i.imgur.com/1t4yhRw.png?1

Entire map just link:
http://i.imgur.com/KpPo4wG.png?1

" My lords i also aquired a smaller map in the hopes that it proves less confusing. It is however a bit blurry...an apprentice dropped a water casket over it...

Blurry Smaler map
http://i.imgur.com/gGPwSXO.png?1

"In any case as you can see the Blackwater Coast is riddled with small-time City States." He points at the 5 City-States of Thumb, Kerchen, Heltania, Kol'Thelos and Trinicria.

" Each fo them has been there for Centuries and some still follow bizarre heresies of the Red Faith.

First Among them is the Massive City of Thumb. It is a Trading Hub and a night impenetrable Fortress to take from the Land. A Sea Assault is also impractical since the closest landing point is at one of these Chokepoints, where they have established Forts. Thumb has to be taken either by guile or a suicidal Assault.

The Next biggest City State along the Coast is Trinicria. Its sprawling and rich. The direct opponent of Thumb they have hired Elite Mercenary Units to defend their Walls. Although it isn't in such a good position like Thumb, it's Mercenaries have proven true to the endless Treasuries of the Duke.

Further North lies Kol'Thelos. It sports no massive Cities but it doesn't need them. They rely on their vast plains and their towns of rich landholders all along the Marble Road. Thelossian Cavalry is the most feared all along the Blackwater Coast and aided by Plains Tribes Mercenaries who stay there over the Winter it can sport very formidable Cavalry.

Beyond Kol'Thelos lies old Talrius the ancient Capital of Heltania. Before the Kol Empire it was the regional Superpower. When our Redemptor appeared however Heltania had already fallen. In the years of Twilight they have regained some of their lost glory and Heltanian Militia is known for it's hardiness.

The Southern Edge of the Blackwater Coast forms Kerchen. I don't know much about it, it is a very introvert state. By all accounts the entire populace of Kerchen is bearing arms and they seem to have a massive standing army. However in recent years their militarism had caused them to fall behind with the developments of the other City States.

Below Kerchen lies Mourn. It is a Theocracy and they believe in some twisted mockery of the Red Faith. They even dare to raise their own Grand Theogonist! But worse are the HEathens of Heltania worshipping their Long lost Emperor as a God. Kerchen belongs to Atheists! Atheists! Have you ever heard of men who deny the goddess and rather believe in nothing?

The Remaining three major nations are the Darkbrook Shogunate, The Duchy of Kerns and the Westpeak Confederation.
The Shogunate is the regional superpower, a massive empire none of us know how large it really is, and it contians our Target: Darkbrook. The Capital of the Shogunate also contains the Ravished Womb. Although they call it the Open Sore and shun it as an unholy place. They even tried to close it in their heresy!
Kerns is a backwater, not of any importance if it were not for one critical thing: The Tomb of the Fourteen. Somewhere in that blasted landscape of swamps and inbred backwaters lie the Holy Graves of the Redemptors fourteen brothers.
And finally there is Westpeak. We should keep away from that cursed place. It is dangerous...dangerous in the highest degree.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2014, 04:15:31 pm »

Kyle looks over the maps.
"If we were to somehow build a large force of pikemen and other such men to combat mounted units we could take Kol'Thelos with ease..."

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2014, 05:09:24 pm »

Adam drums his fingers restlessly on the map table.
"I say Mourn should be our target. First and foremost they mock our grand religion and secondly they seem to be far weaker and easier to remove than their neighbors. Although I think we need somebody to examine their defenses more thoroughly. Do we have anyone capable of that?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 05:13:14 pm by zacen299 »
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2014, 05:32:04 pm »

Looking over the Map Javier decides that the Kol'Thelos {is this part of the herecy?} although powerful is ripe for the taking.

Javier sends a messenger bearing a request of aid from King Adam.

"To King Adam

Although you may not have ever seen me you have heard of me. I am Javier De Ponce the spymaster of many lords who's lives have either ended or have decided not to be part of the Crusade. Your Army will need resources Sir and where better than the city of Kol'Thelos? The dead is as followed lend me your aid and will assasinate the leaders of these lands. Followed by a aggravating shortage of food caused by my...collectors you will come in and take the area. You will be their savior saving them from yours truly and ushering in the faith that will hold against my insurgency. If you are interested please send me a reply before the boats have landed. Oh an as for my payment i would like...your blessings in forming a theives guild in these lands later. It may be in the said Kol'Thelos or anywhere else you conquer but i just need 1 building in your new lands. It's Purpose is to raise funds for me and my men's retirement.

Yours Truly,
Javier De Ponce the soon to be "red haze"

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2014, 05:47:40 pm »

(( Note that you dont need to agree on one Landing Spot you can land all along the Coast. Viable Crusade Targets are all Nations mentioned above.))

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2014, 05:58:04 pm »

(( Note that you dont need to agree on one Landing Spot you can land all along the Coast. Viable Crusade Targets are all Nations mentioned above.))

((True but I don't think any of us have the kinds of forces to take a city state by ourselves two landing zones might be best so we aren't all in one place but more than that is suicide.))

Adam grunted as he read the missive. He went to Duke Kyle to ask for his opinion and possible agreement for the plan. The three men and their forces might just be able to take the city-state.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2014, 06:05:12 pm »

Kyle nods his agreement.
"Although, they may have something trick up their sleeves if the other heathen states haven't tried anything. I'd say be careful. Might have some kinda... heathen magic."
Kyle waves his fingers in front of his face.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2014, 06:10:24 pm »

(( 20 Regiments are the maximum size for an army so you can assume that you have more than enough soldiers to take a city ;) ))

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2014, 06:15:31 pm »

Adam grins at Kyle's agreement
"They probably don't need anything with that cavalry of theirs.... I think I should bring in my Spearmen, Pikemen and Cavalry into this first battle and if you could bring your Spearmen, Longbowmen and Swordmen we could take it from those heathens. Hopefully this Javier lives up to his word and reputation."
Adam waves over a messenger while they talk and sends a missive back to Javier

Javier
I will back this plan of yours and so I think shall Duke Kyle as well. Hopefully these heathens will not know what hit them. Good hunting and may your fangs ever be the color of blood

His Majesty King Adam Aegis

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2014, 06:17:25 pm »

Kyle looks confused for a moment.
"Oh! You meant to say Kol'Thelos and not Morn."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2014, 06:24:19 pm »

"What about Kerchan? It seems like it is poorly defended, small, and easily taken. We couldn't be easily surrounded and, if worst comes to worse, we can simply leave via the sea and land somewhere else."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6