Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Grand Crusade  (Read 4415 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: The Grand Crusade
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2014, 11:43:04 am »

Roderick speaks up.
"Nonsense, the map is just large enough. We need an accurate map if we are to suceed in our mission. And smaller maps are less acurate. You just weren't taught how to read a proper map, I assume. I also agree that we must find someone who knows these lands well."
((What kind of equipment do we get? Can I get a 18th century musket rifle? Failing that, a crossbow?))

((Seriously OOC and all no it needs to be shrunk massively it's absurd to ever use an image that large and I'm not waiting an hour every time I reload the page. I don't care if there's a link to the full sized one but I need a smaller one I have a crappy connection and I simply can't use that one.))
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 11:45:15 am »

((Holy shit...that long? If i make it smaller things become unreadable though...let me work something out...Also darkpaladin both are for later in the game. Equipment wise all of you have some kind of noble status so you all have horses, plate armour and swords. You can of course fight dismounted.))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 12:04:45 pm by Ghazkull »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 11:57:10 am »

I doubt it. It needs to load all the images as well, and split up they're just as big as combined.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 11:58:39 am »

Yeah just have links to the four if I load them one at a time it'd do it easily. It's loading everything at once that does it. (though for the record it is a bit faster but linking to them would certainly do it.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 12:05:09 pm »

There is it good now?

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 12:14:49 pm »

Yeah it'll still take a while but not a painful amount of time. Also I think you could still post the big map for the ones who can read it. Because I can just stop loading this page once everything else loads. What's really weird is I've dealt with larger images on this connection and none have ever EVER had that much trouble loading. I even read screenshot LP's most days. Although I have noticed this site seems to load images slowly in comparison to many others and I don't know why.

Edit: OKAY WTF I just tested to see if it's like Imgur or bay12 causing me problems by finding a larger image than what you started with, and surprise surprise it loaded perfectly in like 8 seconds. AAAAAAAHHHHHHGGGGG Internet! Make sense goddamnit and tell me why those images in particular load slowly............ I need more research.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 12:28:05 pm by zacen299 »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2014, 12:43:24 pm »

((Hey Ghaz, who exactly are the 'bad guys' in this?))

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2014, 12:44:58 pm »

Everyone who's not part of our religion.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2014, 12:49:31 pm »

Everyone who's not part of our religion.
Or other players, if they turn out to be a little bit too successful. Really, evil is relative.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2014, 01:02:28 pm »

reserved, if still accepting

EDIT: damn just read through the thread. Why must games fill up so quickly? :/
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2014, 01:08:27 pm »

((I too, shall PTW))
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2014, 01:26:23 pm »

Where do we start out at? Who's our enemy? and what can assassins and brigands do?

sorry for all of the questions i just need answers.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2014, 01:39:34 pm »

Six Weeks later the first fleets set out. All that remained to be discussed was where to land...[/i]

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2014, 02:03:53 pm »

On that note I say we should land in or near Thumb (if you don't remember it's in the bottom right) It seems like a good place to start with the *ahem* conversion. Assuming we can land anywhere there is water that is.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6