Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: Toaster Vs Piecewise: Knock out is an Understatement  (Read 36827 times)

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sent.

Also, if there are supernatural powers at play, wouldn't, say, small grenade-like explosives or an entire bag full of muskets be viable? I believe there are at least a couple martial artists in fiction whose styles involve/revolve around using a bow in melee, too. I assume this (Entirely hypothetical!) tournament would take place in a relatively small arena, with the audience mostly or completely isolated from the action?

Clones and shapeshifting would probably fall under "unarmed"... How about a weaponized cape or cloak, or a 5-foot diameter shuriken with handles in the middle?  :P
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

I just want to add in darts, boomerangs, bolas, scissors (as in the weapon these guys wield), and monk's spade.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

So...lets just say you were some sort of martial arts master who is going to enroll in a martial arts tournament...What kind of weapon would you like to use? Bonus points if it doesn't show up on this list.
A fir--

No guns.
...Never mind.

Whatever weapon I was a master with, of course.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dual-wield cheese graters!
I can see it now... "You've really cheesed me off!"

Or swordchucks, of course. If I was being serious I'd probably just go with a sword. Possibly a scimitar like that one movie I saw once.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Nobody's mentioned tetsubo yet? They're like studded metal baseball bats.

So probably just a type of club, I guess.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

If I had to pick a weapon for myself to wield in this hypothetical situation, it'd have to be that battle bench thing I mentioned earlier. Or if this was a more serious hypothetical game, it might depend on what others pick, but I'd go for dual-wielding katars. Or maybe chakram if you get unlimited ammo if you pick a thrown weapon.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gattling piston drill lance.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

If I had to pick a weapon for myself to wield in this hypothetical situation, it'd have to be that battle bench thing I mentioned earlier. Or if this was a more serious hypothetical game, it might depend on what others pick, but I'd go for dual-wielding katars. Or maybe chakram if you get unlimited ammo if you pick a thrown weapon.
I'm pretty sure that video you linked is just what happened when grandpa went off his meds.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Or swordchucks, of course. If I was being serious I'd probably just go with a sword. Possibly a scimitar like that one movie I saw once.
Yoink, aren't you a blind master of the art of eyechucks?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

I'd use Swiss Arrows, or maybe Knobkerries. Could we use Boomerangs?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

An electric drill in one hand and one of those fancy vibrating carpentry saws in the other. Because god damn, if I'm going to risk life and limb in a martial arts tournament, I'd better come out of it with some sort of neat carved-bone souvenir commemorating the time I turned cut off some guy's foot and made it into a neat carved-bone souvenir.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yoink, aren't you a blind master of the art of eyechucks?

I'd forgotten about that. Although at least this way I can see at the same time.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure that video you linked is just what happened when grandpa went off his meds.
Yeah, but someone in the comments mentioned another video that shows a guy in a (I'm guessing basement) dojo calling out moves, so evidently someone who was watching the old man and decided to turn his random flailings at the demons in his mind into a semi-legitimate martial art. Also, I like that you can sit on the thing when you're not fighting with it; I'd like to see you do the same with a scimitar.
Glory to Arstotzka!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Kusarigama.
I recently rewatched Soul Eater.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23