Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: Toaster Vs Piecewise: Knock out is an Understatement  (Read 36820 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Toaster Vs Piecewise: Place your bets.
« Reply #195 on: February 06, 2014, 12:03:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODGE

Via backflipping toward one of those nearby buildings.  I do NOT want to catch that one.

You manage to hop back a few feet as Ivan's fist slams down onto the asphalt right in front of you. A wave, like the ripples in a pond, radiate out from the blow; concrete bends and shatters with the force of an explosion and the overpass vanishes into a haze of dust as it collapses down onto the roadway below. As the dust clears, you and Ivan are both standing top a mound of rubble; concrete, rebar and smashed cars scattered about beneath your feet.

"We appear to have ruined our playground." Ivan says with a smirk. "Shall we take the fight elsewhere?" He jerks his thumb over his shoulder to a near by skyscraper which appears to have a flat roof.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 06, 2014, 12:11:37 pm »

After I posted, I was actually wondering about that.  I was trying to math it in my head, but since I'd have to spend lots of Ki to dodge a blow with 11 successes, it might actually cost me less Ki to just take the hit (assuming it didn't hit health) since one ki spent to dodge doesn't guarantee a 1 point damage reduction.

"Let's go, fat boy."

Vault forward and kick jump off Ivan's face toward the skyscraper indicated.  3 ki for the jump.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #197 on: February 06, 2014, 02:21:50 pm »

After I posted, I was actually wondering about that.  I was trying to math it in my head, but since I'd have to spend lots of Ki to dodge a blow with 11 successes, it might actually cost me less Ki to just take the hit (assuming it didn't hit health) since one ki spent to dodge doesn't guarantee a 1 point damage reduction.

"Let's go, fat boy."

Vault forward and kick jump off Ivan's face toward the skyscraper indicated.  3 ki for the jump.

Force 5 skill 3
Speed 6 3ki +1 acro
   Your roll results:
Your rolls are  3  4  2  1  1  3  3  1  6
You had 5 successes +1

You flip forward, bounce off ivan's head and proceed to bound to the skyscraper with a series of 40 foot leaps. You leap up the side of the building in 4 good hops and land on the roof.

And then you wait 10 minutes while walks there and takes the elevator up, finally punching the door to the roof down and stepping out.

"little man, always so hop." He says, brushing dust off his shoulders and shaking it out of his hair.

The roof itself is mostly flat; there are banks of what look like a dozen or so industrial sized air conditioners over to your right, but overall it's a big, rectangular slab of sealant coated concrete with a 4 foot high guard rail running around it's edge.

Ivan cracks his knuckles. 

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 06, 2014, 02:41:33 pm »

In those ten minutes, he could have meditated or prepared the terrain or something ....

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 06, 2014, 02:45:34 pm »

That wouldn't be very sporting of him, would it?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 06, 2014, 02:49:23 pm »

Hey, I gotta get in on the gambling too, I guess.
I bet 2 million plastic cups on toaster winning this.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 06, 2014, 03:22:45 pm »

Would you rather we interrupt our deathmatch with a nice quiet elevator ride, with music tinkling in the background?

"Shall we tango?  I'll lead."

(I'm assuming there's a good 30 feet or so distance between us)

Jump forward to halfway between us, then flip over his head, performing a downward chop.  3 ki on the attack.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #202 on: February 06, 2014, 05:49:32 pm »

Would you rather we interrupt our deathmatch with a nice quiet elevator ride, with music tinkling in the background?

"Shall we tango?  I'll lead."

(I'm assuming there's a good 30 feet or so distance between us)

Jump forward to halfway between us, then flip over his head, performing a downward chop.  3 ki on the attack.
(yes)

Systar leaps a frankly amazing distance without any form of ki usage, lands, and then leaps again, aiming to flip over ivan and bring his blade down on the man's head. He doesn't get that far though. Instead, as he's halfway through his flip, Ivan reaches up and catches him by one arm. He takes a step forward and swings Systar down onto the roof with the entire weight of his body, spiking Systar down a floor two, straight through concrete and cubicles. Systar ends up face down on a smashed computer desk, nose bleeding and dizzy.

"Ya know my favorite move?" Ivan asks, shouting through the hole in the ceiling down to where systar is laying.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 06, 2014, 06:14:34 pm »

D'oh

"What might that be?"

Anticipate him coming down at me, then counter by jumping to meet him midway with a chop.  3 ki for the jump.

Can we do counter-moves like this?  Perhaps if you can correctly guess what they're about to do, you can counter it (but if you're wrong you waste your turn at best and get screwed at worst)

I bet it's the elbow drop.  This sounds like a great time for an elbow drop.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #204 on: February 06, 2014, 06:39:02 pm »

D'oh

"What might that be?"

Anticipate him coming down at me, then counter by jumping to meet him midway with a chop.  3 ki for the jump.

Can we do counter-moves like this?  Perhaps if you can correctly guess what they're about to do, you can counter it (but if you're wrong you waste your turn at best and get screwed at worst)

If both people attack, it will basically come down to a reflex roll to see whose gets there first. God help us if we tie.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 06, 2014, 06:45:22 pm »

I'd worry more about the building if there's a tie.  But let's run with that plan.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 06, 2014, 06:52:48 pm »

I'd worry more about the building if there's a tie.
+1!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #207 on: February 06, 2014, 07:26:24 pm »

D'oh

"What might that be?"

"Is it an elbow drop?"  Systar asks, rolling onto his back  and looking up at Ivan.

"Congratulations! You win the prize!" Ivan says with a smile.  "The prize is an elbow drop."

Ivan just sort of falls into the hole, angling his body so that his entire mass is behind his outstretched elbow. Systar leaps to his feet and then into the air, jumping hard enough to leave a small crater. He swings hard at ivan, but the blow barely glaces off the russian's chest before the elbow drop connects. It catches Systar in the sternum and together the two slam down through a dozen stories, until coming to a rest, half embedded in a faux marble floor in a spacious waiting room with a great view of the city through wide, bay windows. Ivan stands up and brushes himself off, even as debris continues to fall from the hole in the ceiling.

Systar is laying flat on his back, his left elbow twisted at an unnatural angle, and coughing up blood. Somewhere up above, on one of the floors the pair passed through, something creaks and the sound of glass breaking and concrete cracking echos through the deserted office spaces.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Toaster Vs Piecewise: Give him the Chair!
« Reply #208 on: February 06, 2014, 07:38:41 pm »

Toaster's getting totally pounded by that luck of the dice. Jeez.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Toaster Vs Piecewise: Give him the Chair!
« Reply #209 on: February 06, 2014, 07:43:42 pm »

Toaster's getting totally pounded by that luck of the dice. Jeez.
He needs to believe in the heart of the cards.

Why is that the first thing that came to mind.

I don't know anything about that game except that line.

Help.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23