Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire to Werebeast.  (Read 972 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Vampire to Werebeast.
« on: January 29, 2014, 12:49:47 pm »

So, I was attacking a hydra when it ripped off my arm. That was fine, I continued to kill said hydra, with said arm. However, the giant I was attacking later took the other arm, and broke my back, crippling a multi-legendary adventurer. He is a vampire. Is there any possible way that he can become a werebeast to heal himself? Really, all he can do is push his enemies, dodging their blows.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire to Werebeast.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 04:22:49 pm »

Nope.  Once your a Vamp, you become immune to Lycanthropy.  Your only hope now is to port him to Skyrim, go find that dude in Morthal who can cure Vampirism, turn him normal again, and port him back to Dorf Fort.

Since that's impossible, either retire the dude or pick a fight with a Titan and have him die in a blaze of glory.
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 09:04:45 pm »

So, I was attacking a hydra when it ripped off my arm. That was fine, I continued to kill said hydra, with said arm. However, the giant I was attacking later took the other arm, and broke my back, crippling a multi-legendary adventurer. He is a vampire. Is there any possible way that he can become a werebeast to heal himself? Really, all he can do is push his enemies, dodging their blows.
Nope.  Once your a Vamp, you become immune to Lycanthropy.  Your only hope now is to port him to Skyrim, go find that dude in Morthal who can cure Vampirism, turn him normal again, and port him back to Dorf Fort.

Since that's impossible, either retire the dude or pick a fight with a Titan and have him die in a blaze of glory.

OR, if you aren't against some DFhacking, just heal him with the command. :P

If you ARE against that, then I second dying in glory.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 03:39:25 am »

Oh yeah, right, DFHack healing.  I forgot about that (actually, I dismissed it as useless when my adventurer got into a pickel, kept on passing out and getting her face caved in each time I tried to heal her >.<)
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.