Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2181 2182 [2183] 2184 2185 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2497064 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #32730 on: October 03, 2016, 06:52:34 pm »

Interesting turn this time. Any turn in which a severed foot kicks someone so hard their arm falls off is a good one in my book.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #32731 on: October 03, 2016, 07:08:52 pm »

Interesting turn this time. Any turn in which a severed foot kicks someone so hard their arm falls off is a good one in my book.
Why do I have the feeling this is going to become the norm...
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32732 on: October 04, 2016, 08:11:53 pm »

In retrospect putting my core in my left foot was a stupid idea.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 08:16:06 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32733 on: October 05, 2016, 03:36:07 am »

You could even say it was your Achilles heel.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32734 on: October 05, 2016, 04:39:31 am »

You should already know how much pw likes to maim and sever limbs.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32735 on: October 05, 2016, 10:26:38 am »

An artifact from how he rolled for randomly assigning a body part hit in ER. If each arm and leg is a number on a D6, with another for torso and head, there's a 4/6 chance you'll be playing playing limb limbo when you're hit.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32736 on: October 05, 2016, 12:21:38 pm »

An artifact from how he rolled for randomly assigning a body part hit in ER. If each arm and leg is a number on a D6, with another for torso and head, there's a 4/6 chance you'll be playing playing limb limbo when you're hit.
Hmm I think something dex based and based on size of limb would make more sense, arms and legs being less then body.

So it'd go hands and fee<head<lower arms/legs<upper arms/legs<guts<stomache<chest so those body parts that are tougher, are somewhat more likely to be hit as a trade off.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32737 on: October 05, 2016, 01:27:37 pm »

Good percentage of random hits I have seen are all to limbs. Coincidence? I don't think so.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32738 on: October 05, 2016, 03:50:38 pm »

Yeah, I just roll d15 so each part has an equal chance of being hit. It's the DF method where spiders are invincible because they have 60 leg sections and 3 body sections. They defend themselves with statistics.

I suppose I could flip a coin for hitting limb or body and then roll from there.

Gonna have to change our humanity rules, regardless, since they confuse the hell out of people and are a lot of book keeping and changing of stats on the fly.  But the damaging limbs thing works pretty well I think. People are cleaving each other apart nicely.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32739 on: October 05, 2016, 03:55:46 pm »

yes...let the blood flow! I shall build me a throne from the parts of my defeated enemies. Nice cushioned armrests. Strong sturdy legs. Something truly worth losing humanity over.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32740 on: October 05, 2016, 04:42:02 pm »

Yeah, I just roll d15 so each part has an equal chance of being hit. It's the DF method where spiders are invincible because they have 60 leg sections and 3 body sections. They defend themselves with statistics.

I suppose I could flip a coin for hitting limb or body and then roll from there.

Gonna have to change our humanity rules, regardless, since they confuse the hell out of people and are a lot of book keeping and changing of stats on the fly.  But the damaging limbs thing works pretty well I think. People are cleaving each other apart nicely.
Maybe it's time to revisit the faith trait. loss of parts and gain of demon parts increases a "corruption" stat, which adds a difficulty roll to any faith usage, such as using spells (which might have to be reworked for a different origin story then)

heck, just split humanity into two stats: humanity and corruption. Humanity comes from original parts in their proper location, and perhaps from certain humanizing activities or something. make Heart give a minimum number to the humanity score, so people don't have to worry about losing that last human part. So, for example, heart of 60 could have a base humanity of 6.

Corruption comes from: spells, demon parts, modifying the body plan, and other stuff like poison or something.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32741 on: October 05, 2016, 05:07:51 pm »

So make it so you get more penalties or problems as your corruption reaches a certain percentage of your humanity.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32742 on: October 06, 2016, 11:11:48 pm »

So lets talk about humanity and body parts.

The current method is functional but annoying due to constant recalculating, and it is inherently connected to your human part biomass. The idea of it works thematically, with the struggle between having powerful demon parts and remaining human, but the actual mechanics are unwieldy. There are three ways to handle this that I see.
1. Reconfigure the current system in a way that requires less recalculating
2. Change the system so that humanity is unconnected to human parts
3. Add a new stat to counter act humanity and have humanity remain static.

My idea, going somewhat off of 2 and 3, and connected to what Ozarck was talking about, is this:

First, humanity is entirely dictated by heart. Whatever your heart stat is, thats your humanity. No fucking around with recalculating anything. Instead we have corruption. Corruption will act as anti-humanity, so your humanity will be equal to Heart minus corruption. Instead of draining humanity, using demonic things will add corruption. Whenever you use the ability of a demon part, it adds corruption. Whenever you use the bonus from a part, it adds corruption. If you build outside the body slots, it adds permanent corruption so long as the slot is filled, where as the others add temporary corruption that ticks down. Now, you may be wondering, if humanity is tied to heart and you don't get corruption for building outside the body plan so long as you don't actually activate any of the limbs, whats the point in human parts? Well, the idea I have is that they would act as buffers of a sort; each human part in a limb can reduce the corruption cost of an action done with that limb. This reduction would be static, say like 5 per part, and wouldn't need any recalculating unless you added parts. If destroyed, it simply doesn't add that bonus, same as any part.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32743 on: October 07, 2016, 04:24:13 pm »

that sounds a bit better than the current system. Clearer. It does feel that the usefulness of human parts drops pretty hard there though, even with that buffer system. Otherwise, it seems more viable.

perhaps human parts could be used in an action: "Discharge corruption," which would rid a player of corruption based on the number of human parts, as well.

make certain spells require flesh rather than inorganic materials.
make certain spells require a corruption free limb - not necessarily organic, but non-demon. IDK. Are all mechanical parts considered demonic?

the point of those two changes wold be that human limbs could fall into both categories, and be usable for actions that would otherwise be inaccessible.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32744 on: October 07, 2016, 04:27:24 pm »

Or maybe sacrificing human part would burn some corruption away?
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 2181 2182 [2183] 2184 2185 ... 2205