Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2170 2171 [2172] 2173 2174 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2496800 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #32565 on: September 16, 2016, 11:06:35 pm »

Str 65
Speed 50
Int 75
Heart 80

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32566 on: September 16, 2016, 11:19:49 pm »

Str 100
Speed 100
Int 50
Heart 20

who needs parts when you're this fabulous

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32567 on: September 16, 2016, 11:25:24 pm »

Str: 50
Speed: 80
Int: 75
Heart: 65

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32568 on: September 16, 2016, 11:31:31 pm »

Str 20
Spd 100
Int 75
Heart 75
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32569 on: September 17, 2016, 12:35:28 am »

Str 100
Spd 50
Int 50
Heart 70
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32570 on: September 17, 2016, 03:20:23 am »

is 100 hard cap, or base cap?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32571 on: September 17, 2016, 03:42:59 am »

Could I do this:

Str 1
Spd 40
Int 40
Heart 189
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:38:44 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32572 on: September 17, 2016, 09:14:14 am »

100 is stat max, Except for heart. Heart has no max.

By the way, 100 is the "Normal" difficulty roll so those of you with very low scores might have a bad time.
now you tell us.

so, 270/4 = 67.5.
Average starting stat of about that - what are the odds for a normal roll?
What are the odds for a stat of 45? 55? 65? 75?  is it a percentage?
At 67 you would need to roll 33 or higher on a d100 to accomplish an average roll of 100. So The chance of success is 2 out of 3

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32573 on: September 17, 2016, 04:38:31 pm »

... or 67%. Your stat number, plus or minus any modifiers, is your percentage chance of success.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32574 on: September 18, 2016, 01:56:35 am »

Found the epilogue. That there... that was awesome. I loved how you handled Lyra's section, and how all of the epilogues intertwined. bits of Xan, Steve, Lyra, Milno, Miya, etc, showing up in other pplz. it helped show how imteractions continued and made the world of ER feel more real to me than it has in years. I loved it massivly, and nostalgia is making me, for the first time, want ER beyond. I'll let that cool off though, because I'm still excited for Oro. I need to design a character...

Hey, PW? Will you have any shapechanging demons? Will you be able to get shifter parts? How would shapechanger penalties work? Would a shifter-type be able to shift fully to a non-human form, and still not become a demon immediately? their humanoty becoming effectively a timer before they MUST shift back? possibly with them getting penalties to shifting backi if they cut it too close? Also, you seem to plan on having magic items - will anti-magic mechanics be available?

Can someone go 100% nonhuman parts and not become a demon, assuming sufficient (meaning tons) levels dedicated to such a plan? what about human-esque demons and their parts, like an incubus, do those still count as equally as demonic as skeleton bits?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32575 on: September 18, 2016, 09:15:42 am »

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Enx1OmSEbqScDG-DRmvCnPUv8CuEqIMQxzfyU7b1rio/edit?usp=sharing
This is a google doc with the system as it exists right now. People can comment on it, so please do so. Let me know if there's things you don't understand, things I missed or things that you don't think will work.

Found the epilogue. That there... that was awesome. I loved how you handled Lyra's section, and how all of the epilogues intertwined. bits of Xan, Steve, Lyra, Milno, Miya, etc, showing up in other pplz. it helped show how imteractions continued and made the world of ER feel more real to me than it has in years. I loved it massivly, and nostalgia is making me, for the first time, want ER beyond. I'll let that cool off though, because I'm still excited for Oro. I need to design a character...

Hey, PW? Will you have any shapechanging demons? Will you be able to get shifter parts? How would shapechanger penalties work? Would a shifter-type be able to shift fully to a non-human form, and still not become a demon immediately? their humanoty becoming effectively a timer before they MUST shift back? possibly with them getting penalties to shifting backi if they cut it too close? Also, you seem to plan on having magic items - will anti-magic mechanics be available?

Can someone go 100% nonhuman parts and not become a demon, assuming sufficient (meaning tons) levels dedicated to such a plan? what about human-esque demons and their parts, like an incubus, do those still count as equally as demonic as skeleton bits?

I'm glad you liked it.

The closest I have to shape changing right now is a Mimic part that allows you to copy the parts of other demons or players.  Though sustaining the mimic takes humanity

The idea of a shapeshifting ability is a neat one, but I get the sneaking suspicion that it might be over powered due to the piecemeal construction of our characters. Also, I don't know if it would really make sense that a shape shifter would regenerate humanity while they just LOOK human. Because the part is still demonic in origin, even if it appears human when shifted.

But the concept, a full body transformation or effect that uses humanity as a timer, is an interesting one. I'll keep it in mind.

Magic is still something I'm working out, but if it exists there's gonna be some method of countering it. Otherwise how will the enemies protect themselves?

Right now, no. Your humanity is currently regenerated by your human parts, with the number of them influencing the speed. Your max humanity is determined solely by your Heart stat. So you could go full demon parts and still have humanity, you'd just not regen any of it so it would just be a matter of time till you needed to switch a part back out.

Thats a good question: the humanity cost of things varies, mostly as a balancing feature. Powerful parts cost more, as you would expect. But powerful parts are also almost necessarily those that are very different from normal human parts.  So an incubus part might be very cheap because it just isn't that powerful, while a skeleton hand that sucks flesh like a vacuum cleaner, that might be a bit of an investment.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32576 on: September 18, 2016, 05:35:28 pm »

After people have had a little time to look at the system, and if there's no major problems, I'm gonna stat up a bunch of random bits and then run some basic combat tests with whoever wants to play. After that, we fix any problems that come up, and then we run the first level of ORO. Assuming THAT goes well, we continue. I don't need to have oro completely finished to start things. So long as I have the overall map of levels and their interactions, as well as the basic outline of what is in each level, I can expand on it as it comes up.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32577 on: September 18, 2016, 05:40:37 pm »

Can I help with the testing, PW?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32578 on: September 18, 2016, 05:59:49 pm »

Definitely want to help with testing, if I can.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32579 on: September 18, 2016, 09:03:13 pm »

you are missing a starting equipment set up. do we just build a naked human, who then gets dumped into oro to wrestle spiky skinned, giant toothed, massive, speed demons for their loincloths?

you say that 200 points is a little low, but will be modified by limbs. how does the starting human body modify stats?

have you anything developed, like tools and weapons, other than the body mod process of sticking evil onto ourselves?

Pages: 1 ... 2170 2171 [2172] 2173 2174 ... 2205