Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2152 2153 [2154] 2155 2156 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490454 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #32295 on: August 31, 2016, 12:16:32 pm »

Finally read the epilogue.  Thank you, Piecewise, for this amazing story and this amazing game.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32296 on: September 02, 2016, 04:54:53 pm »

Sorry for my absence as of late. They dumped a bunch of reading and stuff on me the first week. Here's a PDF of future game ideas

http://docdro.id/R2KjxOF

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #32297 on: September 02, 2016, 08:02:41 pm »

Eh, it's no problem.  I just assumed you went on a diet.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: I like the Pacific Rim and Real-World Monster Hunter game ideas.  Would be nice to see those reach completion, though knowing you we'll probably just get a few turns of game testing, at best.  :(

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32298 on: September 02, 2016, 09:10:50 pm »

Ooo, yeah. Better Pacific Rim and RL monster hunter look like the most fun.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32299 on: September 02, 2016, 09:37:02 pm »

Main! Spring!
MSpaint ship-building ftw.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32300 on: September 02, 2016, 09:49:24 pm »

The only one of those that looks remotely interesting as a PW rtd is the crafting one.

giant monster battles? meh.
dungeon crawl/riot? meh.
the airship 0one? meh.

Oh, magical cold war. Hmm. Read Larry Correia. He has two good series - teh Monster Hunter series (not the same as the game), and a steampunk magic war one. both are rather lovecraftian. He seemed to get tired ofthe steampunk one pretty early, and wrapped it up in a neat little package after the third book, but Monster Hunters is still going, though he's collaborating with John Ringo on a sort of prequel series right now, which doesn't really bode well for the primary storyline.

but, for inspiration on a) secret magic wars with eldritch abominations fueling magic, and b) secret "classic monster" warfare, it is good stuff.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32301 on: September 02, 2016, 09:59:01 pm »

I like riot.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32302 on: September 02, 2016, 10:01:20 pm »

I like riot and monster hunter.

Or maybe both, just drunken rioters fire-bombing a beholder or something :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #32303 on: September 02, 2016, 10:14:43 pm »

The only one of those that looks remotely interesting as a PW rtd is the crafting one.

...May I ask why?  Speaking as a Tinker addict, and a former Perplexicon player, crafting and complex systems in general are piecewise's weakest area, in my opinion.  His skill area is generally eldritch/creepy/creative world stuff.  I'm curious why you have the opposite impression.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32304 on: September 02, 2016, 10:50:26 pm »

...May I ask why?  Speaking as a Tinker addict, and a former Perplexicon player, crafting and complex systems in general are piecewise's weakest area, in my opinion.  His skill area is generally eldritch/creepy/creative world stuff.  I'm curious why you have the opposite impression.
I don't have the opposite impression. I have different expectations of what the actual games would entail, and only one (the spy/soldier of a magical cold war one) plays to the creepy/eldritch side very freely.

I haven't seen PW do "teams vs large monsters" yet, but based on ER's "I struggle to make it challenging without going ridiculous" I just see the large monsters as being either over the top, or bland.

As for the crafting one, it requires players to go Collect Materials of a Hazardous nature (or at least, out in hazardous nature). Oh sure, for individual use rather than for any particular Corporation, but hey. and the crafting itself seems secondary, or more as an organizing motive for getting out there. out there into a "creative world." the crafting itself may be a weakness (let's be honest, is crafting ever a strength for these kinds of games?), but the set up lends itself to much more.

Besides, I should have added "To me" to my "none look interesting", because some of it is simply personal interest. I don't give two shits about a monster hunter type rtd of any kind. (Even though it could be argued that I am playing one right now, and very much enjoying it.) I don't see the point of a rot/dungeon crawl thing, and I've seen enough airship crew games and comics fail to be entertaining at all to have my eyes completely glaze over at the thought.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32305 on: September 03, 2016, 01:55:11 am »

Riot seems wacky and lighthearted enough for me. I think something about it was in depths of ER folder.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32306 on: September 03, 2016, 02:15:25 am »

I actually find PW's more systems-driven stuff to be very fun, OZ. Like Perplexicon 2.0. It was very fun for me to read about all the shit that those wizards were up to.

My request for next PW game: must have wizards.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32307 on: September 03, 2016, 02:30:45 am »

Just so long as it has sufficiently crazy shenanigans possible, I'm in for whatever game.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32308 on: September 03, 2016, 03:09:06 am »

I wouldn't mind seeing something like "alien cold war Shadowrun", with aliens replacing nonhuman fantasy races (shunned because we're only barely not at war), alientech replacing magics, and cyberware/matrix/corporations/etc working somewhat the same.

Aside from that, the one that I seem to like the most is the "RL Monster Hunter" concept. I haven't seen Attack of Titan, but I've seen enough similar-ish examples across various media (and I've played Shadow of the Colossus), for the idea of regular people taking down huge monsters to be interesting.

The kinda-Pacific-Rim concept has potential for 'epicness', but I suspect it will end up lacking mechanics-wise if there's just the one robot for the whole player group. Something more akin to a Battletech-style mercenary lance might be worth considering, where each pilot has their own machine, and has their own techs to repair and customize it inbetween engagements.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #32309 on: September 03, 2016, 07:03:11 am »

From the pdf, I think I'd like the magical cold war most, followed by riot.
Pages: 1 ... 2152 2153 [2154] 2155 2156 ... 2205