Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2125 2126 [2127] 2128 2129 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484429 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31890 on: July 31, 2016, 07:08:42 pm »

Anything that the GM can't be assed to research does not exist.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31891 on: July 31, 2016, 08:17:40 pm »

Ehend result would be a miss fire,a wasredbullet, and a failedejection of the casing requiring manual ejection
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31892 on: July 31, 2016, 08:32:37 pm »

Again. The point of the situation was that he had an issue with his gun that required [one turn] to clear, and expended [one ammo].

Single shot, burst shot, and full auto all take [one ammo].

all [standard guns] take the same ammo, all [high tech guns] take the same ammo.

simplified physics for a simplified game.

Let's leave it at that.

{of course, the gm could have just said: got [one ammo] stuck n there. it's not gonna explode on you though, just clear it}, but who cares?)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31893 on: July 31, 2016, 10:10:25 pm »

Again. The point of the situation was that he had an issue with his gun that required [one turn] to clear, and expended [one ammo].

Single shot, burst shot, and full auto all take [one ammo].

all [standard guns] take the same ammo, all [high tech guns] take the same ammo.

simplified physics for a simplified game.

Let's leave it at that.

{of course, the gm could have just said: got [one ammo] stuck n there. it's not gonna explode on you though, just clear it}, but who cares?)
Your bullet became a ham sandwich when you weren't looking. You must have rolled very badly.
On the plus side, free lunch!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31894 on: August 01, 2016, 03:21:50 am »

Oh what the f.
Final red dice? A couple of turns left before Hephaestus explodes, too? ... I swear, Maurice was dead, gone, and there was no way I would come back to the game. I was actually wondering if it was 'already finished or what'. But, what the...

Okay, just in case someone (or, I dare say, our mightiest and best GM) would answer,
1)Is M26 thread the one for Hephaestus shenanigans right now? (Because the Hephaestus thread proper seems to be, ah, a little left and forgotten.)
2)Do tokens still matter yet, or not anymore?/Do I still have time to upgrade? (Strictly unnecessary, but kind of funnier/gives better chances. Like, 0.02 instead of 0.01!)

Oh what the bloody Mistress. Maurice Sanctor is waking up to give a welcoming party to the end of the end of the world as we know it. Yep, bloody in-game perfect timing as usual (you're welcome, Steve Saint). Piecewise once promised that the most he could about a death of a long-standing character would be to describe it in a somewhat more detailed fashion; I think I'm going to take him up on that promise from the ages past.  :P

(I have not read practically anything from what has been posted in my absence, so I'm pretty oblivious to most of the things. Well, I know that ER was supposed to end before the fall, and that there'll eventually be a new (other) game in place, but that's about it. )

Oh, and hi, guys!  ;)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31895 on: August 01, 2016, 04:42:16 am »

ER itself has quieted down a bit. "ER redux" is being experimented with now.

Anyway, anyone know what program PW uses to make maps like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

?

I know it's not deepknight map tool, though that's pretty useful.
One wheel short of a wagon

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #31896 on: August 01, 2016, 07:31:02 am »

Nik, you're back?!  Awesome! :D

Quote from: Nikitian
1)Is M26 thread the one for Hephaestus shenanigans right now?

Ehhh, kinda?  "Hephaestus shenanigans" in general basically got shut down, due to my proclivity for draining PW's soul.  M26 did end up being the replacement, and worked a lot better than Heph ever did, TBH, but even that's kinda dead now as ER is all but over.  M26 was pretty great while it lasted though, you would have liked it a lot.

2)Do tokens still matter yet, or not anymore?

Not really.  Last mission's prep was the last event where people bought tokens.  I ended up donating all my funds to buy assaultsuits and crystal rifles for everyone, since tokens have no real value now.

Do I still have time to upgrade?

I doubt PW would stop you if you did.  Tokens likely don't matter that much though, as Maurice would be granted basically anything he wants, within reason.  Also, his chances likely wouldn't be improved much by more stuff, as he's actually quite well off--Saint currently has Maurice on ice in his personal warship, IIRC.  Although, if you'd rather Maurice have been left on Heph, we can always say that he was.

I have not read practically anything from what has been posted in my absence, so I'm pretty oblivious to most of the things. Well, I know that ER was supposed to end before the fall, and that there'll eventually be a new (other) game in place, but that's about it.

Fwooooh.  Okay.  So, since this universe is basically fucked, we decided to colonize other universes.  Most of ARM was redeployed to some backwater planet to kidnap rescue a bunch of people for Heph to use as guinea pigs colonists (mission 27).  Dester's black ops team was sent to Heph, to explore universes, and Saint basically just got handed command of their mission, though there were... difficulties there.  In practice, Saint was equivalent in rank to Dester (mission 26).

I don't really remember much of M27, as I didn't follow it closely, and ended up just not reading most of the threads, but it mostly consisted of ARM's traditional handling of civilian populations.  One guy went AWOL to buy pizza, while another was injecting poorly understood alien tech into civvies, and most everyone else ran around like headless chickens.  And the Vet teams just demolished everything around them.

M26 consisted of a lot of arguing about safety precautions, deciding on a set which balanced safety and speed, then exploring maybe a dozen universes before summoning some apocalypse which nearly killed everyone before Saint dealt with it.  Rinse and repeat, with the safety precautions and apocalypses getting worse each time.  Most of the universes we explored were useless; typically interesting, often harmful, but invariably non-ideal for colonization.  PW ended up just handing us six good options, and expeditions were just starting when, well...

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.

...And our plans were kinda cut a bit short.  Heph is basically fucked, as is our main universe transfer facility, but we should have enough resources to regroup with the Sword and set up a new facility.  Portals should make it possible to recover the most valuable things left on Heph, such as the Doctor and some autocolonies, but our chances have been significantly harmed.

Currently, we've got the supervets and vets searching for parts to a superweapon in some of the hostile universes, which we intend to use to utterly destroy our homee universe.  There's two lurkers here, and while they're clones and therefore probably incapable of breeding, we're not leaving it up to chance.  The newbies are just being flung into the six habitable universes for some reason, I'm not really sure why.  Maybe Steve is just feeling nostalgic.

The guy who cloned the Lurker has also contemplated going on a "recovery mission" into the heart of his creation, to see if it's possible to retrieve the deathcube.  I believe PW said this would be a very foolish idea, but it does seem like something you'd be interested in anyway.

Aaaanyway, all this is kinda irrelevant.  Way up above, I said that ER is all but over?  IIRC, PW has said he's not going to update any further.  Instead, he'll be talking to each player about what their character would be doing in the future, roll some dice, and write up what happens to everyone.  And then ER will be done.  Finished.  Complete.  Kaput.

Currently, PW is running a test game of a new system; that's ER Redux.  It's supposed to be higher lethality than ER, more crunchy than ER (but less trivial to break), and presumably have less Cerebus Syndrome than ER.  He's talked about running a different game--Oroboropolis, which is about holy crusaders invading and trying to kill a massive living demon city--but he hasn't said much of anything about it in a long while.

If you want to get back into a game, I'd like to recommend Ozark's Omega Legion, which is essentially ER in a standard high-magic fantasy setting.  It's notable for most people playing extremely... unique characters; I've played a talking cat, and an intelligent evil knife which manipulates and mind controls its wielders.  The game is exceptionally good, in my opinion, and captures most of what I've liked about ER, excluding Tinker.  Oh, and we were just about to start another mission set.

Another option would be MidnightJaguar's MainPiston, which is inspired by PW's semi-complete system MainSpring, and set in an alternate reality WWII.  MJ's a far less experienced GM than Ozark, but it's still fun, and has a rather hilariously high lethality rate--95.2%, at the moment.  That's more the fault of Egan and I, though.

...Please stay awhile?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31897 on: August 01, 2016, 08:40:47 am »

Alternatively, roll up a character for the redux test because I feel like we may be losing a few here in a moment and will need replacements!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31898 on: August 01, 2016, 12:27:04 pm »

PW seems to have a soft spot for things that don't have soft spots.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31899 on: August 01, 2016, 04:00:54 pm »

Well, if ER won't have more updates, I would like to have epilogue sooner rather than later.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31900 on: August 01, 2016, 08:36:56 pm »

Alright, lets do the epilogue then. Because as much as I like the players in ER, I really don't feel like running it as it used to be. I like having some crunch to push against. Lets me make threats that are threats without being stupid.

So, here's how we do epilogue. Either here or via PM just let me know what your character wants to do. Assume our plan of escaping into other universes worked.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31901 on: August 01, 2016, 08:41:19 pm »

Spoiler: Joan Smith (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 03:00:09 am by ZBridges »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31902 on: August 01, 2016, 08:50:29 pm »

Spoiler: Trier Cirurgian (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:13:08 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31903 on: August 01, 2016, 09:04:36 pm »

Visit Steve, assist in the growing interdimensional human government, organizing military, exploration, and colonization efforts. Maybe raise a family. retire to a life of quiet luxury. Or get some recognition for his efforts and be a well known historical figure. Take advantage of reliable life extending technology perhaps. In general look out for his own - whether that's peole who he works with, or a colony he's involved with, or fellow ARM personnel who view him as a friend.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 06:38:59 am by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31904 on: August 01, 2016, 09:10:40 pm »

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 11:39:51 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 2125 2126 [2127] 2128 2129 ... 2205