Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2122 2123 [2124] 2125 2126 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484256 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31845 on: July 23, 2016, 02:57:02 pm »

Ugh. I feel like giving all sorts of life advice now. . Divorce sucks, man. I don't kow how it all went down for you guys, but it sounds likea pretty big blow out all around. Take care of yourself, bro. And, an internet family might not replace a real one, but we're your friends here, so talk as you need to.

Gonna disagree slightly with PW. You will mourn your past. There is nothing you can do about that. Grief is a normal reaction to severe loss, and divorce is like death, only without the resolution. We're here for ya, either way.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31846 on: July 23, 2016, 03:34:35 pm »

Thanks guys. I am mourning. But I also have no choice but to move on at this point. So all I can do at this point is walk forward. Getting up after everything has collapsed on you is exhuasting though, especially since another event 6 years ago fucked my life up to a similar degree. I really dont want to deal with shit of this level every half decade.

Holy crap though did Pokemon GO get released in Canada at the right time for me though. This is definitely a spot in life where I can use an easy excuse for a walk

I dont suppose any of you live near Vancouver? (British Columbia, Canada). I know one of you lives up north (their info not mine, which is why that statement is vague) but thats a good 8 hour drive from Van.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:37:28 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31847 on: July 23, 2016, 03:38:41 pm »

*hugs Kedly*

I'm so sorry.

Wish I could help more.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31848 on: July 23, 2016, 04:38:24 pm »

Michigan. But pm me if you want to chat. Unload your burdened soul and all that. I've been there. Lost everything a time or two.

I almost wish i had a smartphone for pokemon go. Seems like good, honest fun.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31849 on: July 23, 2016, 04:43:18 pm »

Ugh. I feel like giving all sorts of life advice now. . Divorce sucks, man. I don't kow how it all went down for you guys, but it sounds likea pretty big blow out all around. Take care of yourself, bro. And, an internet family might not replace a real one, but we're your friends here, so talk as you need to.

Gonna disagree slightly with PW. You will mourn your past. There is nothing you can do about that. Grief is a normal reaction to severe loss, and divorce is like death, only without the resolution. We're here for ya, either way.
Yeah, I didn't mean to not feel bad, I meant that its important to move towards the future as well, rather than letting bad memories keep you back. You can't change what has happened, but you can change the future for the better.

Thanks guys. I am mourning. But I also have no choice but to move on at this point. So all I can do at this point is walk forward. Getting up after everything has collapsed on you is exhuasting though, especially since another event 6 years ago fucked my life up to a similar degree. I really dont want to deal with shit of this level every half decade.

Holy crap though did Pokemon GO get released in Canada at the right time for me though. This is definitely a spot in life where I can use an easy excuse for a walk

I dont suppose any of you live near Vancouver? (British Columbia, Canada). I know one of you lives up north (their info not mine, which is why that statement is vague) but thats a good 8 hour drive from Van.
Unfortunately I am not in the great white north. I reside in the slotmachine wastes.

May all your pokemon be shiny from here on out.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #31850 on: July 23, 2016, 05:06:48 pm »

Yeah, starting from scratch sucks. But look at it this way: no matter how hard it is, at least you have a mostly blank slate to build off of. You can do literally anything, and you don't really have people telling you it's not possible or that it's not worth it anymore. If you want to go move to England or something, you can do that and there's a lot less to have to fight through. The world is yours for the taking, and you don't have anyone else to tell you what to do.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31851 on: July 23, 2016, 06:34:18 pm »

@Kedly: I'm. Eh. Close? Idaho borders Canada, anyway. Been meaning to visit Vancouver for a long time. I'll let you know if I ever head in that direction. Closest I've been is Calgary. That's not very close. Anywho. Good luck man. Just remember, since everything's in the air, it's a great time to get into habits you'd like to keep, too. Silver linings, man. Good luck.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31852 on: July 23, 2016, 07:17:46 pm »

Oh man. Niantic totally needs to implement shinies into pokemon go. I'll send you a PM in a bit Oz. Detailing the situation is exhausting, but I wouldnt mind chatting with you about it, so Ill sum up the energy in a bit. You trying to get me to move to England chaotic? =P. And Gentle I would love to hang out, even if Alberta is the closest you can make it let me know, I might be able to make a road trip out of it.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31853 on: July 23, 2016, 07:33:25 pm »

Hang on, I'm actually in Canada right now, this is a thing.  But not the right part of Canada I don't think.  I do not know my Canada, but I'm pretty sure none of those places are anywhere near Nova Scotia.

And honestly I'm kinda leery of meeting semirandom internet people :v

Also, if you want to vent in my general direction, feel free, I will at the very least read PMs even if I have zero real advice to give.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:36:04 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31854 on: July 23, 2016, 07:55:04 pm »

Yeah, your on the opposite coast that Im on. And it's cool I understand. I honestly dont know if advise would really help at the moment anyways. Im just reaching out.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:57:22 pm by Kedly »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31855 on: July 23, 2016, 08:08:01 pm »

Reaching out is good.  Keep reaching, keep talking, vent if you need to.
Sigtext

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31856 on: July 23, 2016, 08:09:55 pm »

If you need help I'm here, we all have  our trials and ultimately few can make it through alone
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31857 on: July 23, 2016, 09:13:23 pm »

Yeah, your on the opposite coast that Im on. And it's cool I understand. I honestly dont know if advise would really help at the moment anyways. Im just reaching out.
My pm is kind of advicy. Feel free to just ignore it. it's more to let you know I read and am listening than anything.
-emergency internet hug-

Edit: I think one of the most amusing aspects of Omega Legion is the fact that the teams almost never have an idea of how to get back to Omega once the mission is over. They kinda mill around and are like "now what?" This is because I keep shoving them into the missions before they are ready, and only one character has had the foresight to include a method of communication with Omega in his character sheet.

I mean, one mission, I did have an npc prepared to be a guide of sorts, but by the time they encountered him, they had already very nearly drown, gotten separated, and practically forgotten the mission goals, and the first one the NPC met was a rather unorthodox fellow, trying to intimidate and deceive the npc with a -2 charisma. Now that was funny.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 02:46:34 am by Ozarck »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31858 on: July 24, 2016, 09:21:09 am »

Auto me for next 7 days if necessary (not playing ER redux).
One wheel short of a wagon

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31859 on: July 25, 2016, 08:16:24 am »

All Omega Legion Missions are over.

What? Is Omega Legion finished?

Stay tuned for the answer.

The answer is no. No it is not.

We are between mission sets, and people are faffing about in Omega base. Now is the prime time to jump in if you have thought about doing so. The main thread is titled, appropriately enough, Omega Legion. It is in the roll to dodge subforum, and is generally on page one. if you are a newbie, pm me your character sheet, rather than clutter up the thread with all the rp going on. We'll take it from there.

I don't plan on stating any new missions until after this week, so you all have plenty of time to make a mess of Omega Base. I am planning to kill three to six or more characters in the next set of missions, so we need plenty of cannon fodder, creeping eyestalk bait, redshirts, and Joss Whedon and GoT characters. Woo Hoo!
Pages: 1 ... 2122 2123 [2124] 2125 2126 ... 2205