Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2121 2122 [2123] 2124 2125 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484290 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31830 on: July 19, 2016, 11:02:53 pm »

If you want to make something prohibitively expensive, sure. :P
wh y it would be the difference between turning a microwave from high to low.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31831 on: July 19, 2016, 11:04:44 pm »

Because I'm not actually letting you tinker, just following rules already set up. And said rules say that different firing modes cost extra.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31832 on: July 19, 2016, 11:27:24 pm »

Because I'm not actually letting you tinker, just following rules already set up. And said rules say that different firing modes cost extra.
How much?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31833 on: July 20, 2016, 09:40:31 am »

Extra.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31834 on: July 20, 2016, 04:22:06 pm »

Heh. Oh dear, first man down.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31835 on: July 20, 2016, 06:08:13 pm »

Hey PW, gotta game mechanics question/suggestion:
Burst mode and auto mode.
Burst fires three rounds with diminishing accuracy, say one or two points per round (i.e first round 0 penalty, second -2, third -4). expends three rounds per shot.
Auto unloads a full clip (or whatever is left in the clip currently loaded) with a straight oh, say -4 penalty to accuracy.

Auto would, of course, require a reload before next use. Perhaps burst, for balance, could require a roll for jam or reload, requiring one action to ready the weapon for the next shot.

Burst mode is, from what I understand, a pretty standard mode for military rifles, and is highly useful for increasing damage with little accuracy loss. I think urban warfare sees hte most use out of this kind of thing, whereas other kinds of battle tend toward full auto, because in those cases, mass fire is more powerful and effective.

That mostly adds unnecessary complexity (for this game at least) to a system designed to be simple and easy to use. It also doesn't fit with current ammo rules, that is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Guns don't have concrete magazine sizes, and not every gun would have burst or automatic firing modes (for example, I brought along a pump-action shotgun for one of the tests. Functionally identical to a rifle, but different flavor.)
Forgot about that. Oh well.

Heh. Oh dear, first man down.
I'm still mostly alive.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31836 on: July 22, 2016, 03:34:57 pm »

I just saw ER 2 is happening now. Does that mean Oro isn't anymore?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #31837 on: July 22, 2016, 03:40:43 pm »

PW has asked me about a couple minor system things for Oro, so he's definitely working on it, but he certainly seems to be favoring NuER.   I believe he said he'd run an Oro system test, much like he's running an ER: Redux test right now, before making the final decision of which game to run.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31838 on: July 22, 2016, 10:48:00 pm »

Or maybe I'll just run both and update on alternate days. Depends on player interest.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31839 on: July 22, 2016, 11:11:55 pm »

That would be cool.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31840 on: July 22, 2016, 11:13:59 pm »

Btw. Psych wards arent fun. Neither is being at a point in your life were its a broken will, not broken sanity, that put you there.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31841 on: July 23, 2016, 12:07:39 am »

Btw. Psych wards arent fun. Neither is being at a point in your life were its a broken will, not broken sanity, that put you there.

...ya doing alright Kedly?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31842 on: July 23, 2016, 12:47:40 am »

You alright man? You need a hug, or someone to talk to?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31843 on: July 23, 2016, 11:15:06 am »

I'm picking up the peices after my wife took more from me than I thought possible. Currently without a job, said wife, not really talking to my father and brother (before this, my family was super close), my computer, and without two of some of my decades long friends whom I considered family as they let my wife convince them I was a monster. Im now on the road (again) to get better. But the dust of all this is finally starting to settle and I'm feeling a lot more alone than I thought I could even a month ago. If all goes well I should hopefully get full discharge on monday. For now I've got a weekend pass though. I probably wouldnt have shared this much over OOC, but right now I'm restructuring my personal support network too.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 11:17:59 am by Kedly »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31844 on: July 23, 2016, 01:01:13 pm »

I'm picking up the peices after my wife took more from me than I thought possible. Currently without a job, said wife, not really talking to my father and brother (before this, my family was super close), my computer, and without two of some of my decades long friends whom I considered family as they let my wife convince them I was a monster. Im now on the road (again) to get better. But the dust of all this is finally starting to settle and I'm feeling a lot more alone than I thought I could even a month ago. If all goes well I should hopefully get full discharge on monday. For now I've got a weekend pass though. I probably wouldnt have shared this much over OOC, but right now I'm restructuring my personal support network too.
Geez kedly, sorry to hear about all that. Feel free to vent some more about it if you want. You've got the right Idea though; work towards the future, don't mourn the past. You've still got friends here.
Pages: 1 ... 2121 2122 [2123] 2124 2125 ... 2205