Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2112 2113 [2114] 2115 2116 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484364 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31695 on: July 14, 2016, 01:12:22 pm »

Changelog
Added explanations for many items
Addition of Rainbow Bomb; essentially a smoke grenade filled with LSD that forces continuous mind saves of anyone in the smoke without an independent oxygen supply.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31696 on: July 14, 2016, 01:15:39 pm »

Imma have so much fun with those
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31697 on: July 14, 2016, 01:21:12 pm »

Question: Do you like the armory as it is now with general kinds of weapons and you're allowed to have whatever you want as long as it fits in that general catagory, or would you like a smaller, stricter armory where there are only a few kinds of weapons but they are all fairly distinct with different effects? Even if it might mean the majority of you end up using the same rifle?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31698 on: July 14, 2016, 01:29:00 pm »

I like the rifle flavors. Very flavorful - and realistic, even. What's the difference between the M1A1 and the M1A4, besides some durability stull? Same bullets, same damage. Same thing with a glock and a beretta 9mm.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31699 on: July 14, 2016, 01:39:09 pm »

I'd agree that it's good to keep the variety of options in, even if they're mostly flavor options with minimal applicability.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31700 on: July 14, 2016, 01:54:50 pm »

Limb kit and anti-psychotics added. Single use medical tools that remove lesser negative effects from dex and mind critical injury failures and restore some of the stat points lost.

Added Poison antidote

Added EV goggles (Combines multiple spectra to produce a single augmented vision to see through smoke, darkness, etc)

Radio added (Specifically added as separate entry to made it obvious people don't come with one.)

Added: Pet and Helper Section.

Added Musical instrument

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31701 on: July 14, 2016, 01:57:22 pm »

More drugs? Hey, I can get behind that. Gonna load up on those and more bear traps if/when I get the chance.

Question: Do you like the armory as it is now with general kinds of weapons and you're allowed to have whatever you want as long as it fits in that general catagory, or would you like a smaller, stricter armory where there are only a few kinds of weapons but they are all fairly distinct with different effects? Even if it might mean the majority of you end up using the same rifle?

I like the abstract weapon classes. They make your life easier, and they give us the opportunity to add flavor to our characters.

If you guys have any ideas for items you want to see added, please say so.

Any of these ideas appeal to you?

Riot shield- dex roll to gain +1 armor against an incoming melee or ranged attack.
Turtle- A small, easily programmable robot that accepts basic movement commands. Could be useful for baiting particularly stupid enemies or finding traps.
Turtle controller- A small device that can be used to interface with machines and write programs for your drones.
Clairvoyance injector- Used to intuit information about things and situations. Probably 50-75 sp.
Injector rifle- Fires hollow darts.
Hollow Darts (ammo)- Only works in injector weapons. Can be filled with any liquid; poison, dissolved pills, booze, etc.
Goonade- Like a weaker version of the ones in current-ER. On detonation, splatters people around with an obnoxiously sticky polymer. Sufferers take dex damage.
Goo mine- same as above, but in mine form. The usual dex roll to avoid.
Crossbow(d2)- Uses bolts as ammo. Alternatively, can be used to fire grappling hooks.
Bolts- Standard crossbow ammo.
Metal Bolts- Ups crossbow to d3. More expensive.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 02:02:09 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31702 on: July 14, 2016, 02:09:51 pm »

Can we call this the stoner update?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #31703 on: July 14, 2016, 02:40:44 pm »

I think we should make weapons more defined, if only because people loot each other very often, and having the same weapons means we can share ammo.  I suppose we can always share ammo regardless, but looting your buddy's d8 revolver ammo to put in your d6 assault rifle seems... odd.

Also, I think the rules on ammo should be clearer.  I didn't call it out during the game, but last session I realized that MJ was using high-tech ammo with a low tech rifle--I assume a low tech d8 weapon can't use high tech ammo, considering PW said a d6 can't, and there's also a high tech d8 that costs more than the low-tech d8.

Oh, Doc, I don't see the purpose of adding crossbows.  They do less damage than unarmed, just at a range.  You literally do more damage clubbing someone over the head with one.

Riot shield should also just grant armor against all melee attacks that the user is aware of.  So, it's worthless for ambushes and guns.  Requiring a dex roll for every enemy melee attack is bloaty, and blocking ranged and melee is somewhat OP considering other sources of armor.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31704 on: July 14, 2016, 02:50:25 pm »

I think we should make weapons more defined, if only because people loot each other very often, and having the same weapons means we can share ammo.  I suppose we can always share ammo regardless, but looting your buddy's d8 revolver ammo to put in your d6 assault rifle seems... odd.

Also, I think the rules on ammo should be clearer.  I didn't call it out during the game, but last session I realized that MJ was using high-tech ammo with a low tech rifle--I assume a low tech d8 weapon can't use high tech ammo, considering PW said a d6 can't, and there's also a high tech d8 that costs more than the low-tech d8.
There's actually a thing in the rules about that already
"Ammo (Standard ammo can only be used with standard guns, High tech with high tech guns, and Xeno with xeno artifacts)"

The thing about it is that with this system I can give you 10,000 guns but there's only a certain number of ways they can work. I can get out my splatbook about modern military equipment and list off 500 rifles but when it all breaks down into "These use d8, these d10, these d6"  then it kinda loses meaning. So it's either the vague "anything from this category" with universal ammo for that category, or I sit down and I'm like "Ok, this is the standard rifle, does d8 damage. It's two handed, uses this ammo. This is the tranq rifle, does d8 damage (But to dex instead of strength), is two handed, and uses this ammo." and each category has like 4-5 weapons it it because there's a limited number of modifications that can be made to make the weapons significantly different.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31705 on: July 14, 2016, 03:03:01 pm »

I fear the inclusion of the musical instrument item may result in a wandering band of metalhead psykers.

Did I say fear? I meant Hope.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #31706 on: July 14, 2016, 03:21:55 pm »

About the ammo rules: That's why I said it should be clearer.  People are making the mistake, so it isn't sufficiently clear.

About the guns: You don't really need to make five different rifles in each category.  Just say "Standard guns: Ex-Military Assault Rifle, 10 Kw Laser", and say those are the only d6 low tech rifles.  No real difference, beyond the fact that a laser player buys laser batteries, and the assault rifle player buys bullets.  It does gie you the freedom to make an enemy resistant to just lasers or just ballistics, but that's certainly not necessary.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31707 on: July 14, 2016, 03:33:44 pm »

About the ammo rules: That's why I said it should be clearer.  People are making the mistake, so it isn't sufficiently clear.

About the guns: You don't really need to make five different rifles in each category.  Just say "Standard guns: Ex-Military Assault Rifle, 10 Kw Laser", and say those are the only d6 low tech rifles.  No real difference, beyond the fact that a laser player buys laser batteries, and the assault rifle player buys bullets.  It does gie you the freedom to make an enemy resistant to just lasers or just ballistics, but that's certainly not necessary.
Fair enough.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31708 on: July 14, 2016, 03:45:44 pm »

Here is the current rules for tonight's test

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xogc9fmabslun3l/ER.pdf?dl=0

I've added a fair number of items plus a lot of explanation and clarification.

Added recently
Riot shield
Probe bot
Geiger counter
Dog
Prisoner
Merc

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31709 on: July 14, 2016, 04:03:30 pm »

Add a PDA; computer, radio, screen, keyboard. Can interface with most anything, provided that you can program.
Pages: 1 ... 2112 2113 [2114] 2115 2116 ... 2205