Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2111 2112 [2113] 2114 2115 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484425 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31680 on: July 13, 2016, 03:55:15 pm »

You could let grenades scale with Dex, given that you're not really hitting anything directly with them.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31681 on: July 13, 2016, 04:04:46 pm »

You could let grenades scale with Dex, given that you're not really hitting anything directly with them.
Dex and unarmed for grenades would be reasonable.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31682 on: July 13, 2016, 05:57:35 pm »

Also looking into adding both the traits and flaws as well as chosen abilities to let mind and dex play a greater role in combat.
It's probably easier to make Dex and Mind more applicable to combat than it is to make the situations consistently provide opportunity for using them outside of combat. though, I suppose a few standard systems, like computer control systems and air vents (or maintenance crawl vents) would give dex and int players a way to constantly contribute.

Of course, not every single situation needs all three, but having a decent spread of function helps. In the day game, having good dex was helpful mostly for dodging, but lacking a good strength score meant I had to do a looooooot of dodging.

eh, and the robot got lucky with that damned bear trap, so there's that too. I aaaaaallllmost survived.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31683 on: July 13, 2016, 05:59:28 pm »

Also of note is that at the moment there's no way to factor the difficulty of a task when rolling, so pulling duct tape off of your helmet is exactly as hard as lifting a manhole cover is exactly as hard as hitting a Xenos.

Thats actually something I'm gonna address in the next version, specifically with with "Situational bonuses"  Ie pluses or maluses to your effective stat score depending on what you're doing. So something easy or something being done at the right moment (Such as Oz's shoving past a robot he just shot in the stomach) gets you bonuses while doing something unusually hard or at a bad moment (like Doc's trying to get around a robot while he was horribly injured) would get you negatives.

Also looking into adding both the traits and flaws as well as chosen abilities to let mind and dex play a greater role in combat.

I'd be careful with that, it can work, but it's another layer of things for guys like me to min-max to reduce chances of failure.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31684 on: July 13, 2016, 11:04:57 pm »

ER Redux (Need a better name for that) Changelog, Junkie addition:

Drugs altered to have more powerful effects but difficulty of saves and maluses from failure increases with each stacked dose.

Added coagulant, a method of recovering lost strength points that also has the ability to cause massive and fatal heart attacks.

Anti-psychotics removed (Booze effectively replaces them)

Added Dull, pain killer designed to keep you on your feet longer (makes critical injury rolls easier)  and give you a little boost of HP.

Added Psike, mind enhancer that offers a bit of protection against the insanity causing effects of Psi injectors

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31685 on: July 14, 2016, 12:18:24 am »

I just want to start making drugs on er redux called red dust that will act as steroids mixed eith a bit of combat stims, with the obvious risk of causing heart attacks psycosis, and insanity
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31686 on: July 14, 2016, 12:40:19 am »

I'd like to request some tranquilizers. So I can emulate Doc again.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31687 on: July 14, 2016, 11:13:14 am »

Tranq added
Bonus and malus depending on situation added (along with rules to govern it)
I'm looking into a sort of trait/boon/ability idea that is essentially bonuses you can get if you meet certain requirements, such as a stat level or skill level. For instance:

Deflection
Required: 15 dex, +3 Melee, equipped melee weapon
Gain +2 armor against ranged attacks

or

Mental hardening
Required: 14 mind, +2 psi
Roll d6 whenever you use a psi power. On a roll of 6, you do not take mind stat damage from that use of the power.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31688 on: July 14, 2016, 11:32:57 am »

A) is mind damage permanent from psy powers? Does it regenerate over a short rest or a full rest?

b) deflecting ranged attacks with melee weapons is just silly. Deflecting melee attacks with melee weapons makes more sense.

You gotta deflect ranged attacks with ranges weapons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31689 on: July 14, 2016, 11:45:02 am »

I don't think traits are really all that helpful, to be honest. Would be better to define precisely and mechanically (in a way that the players know beforehand) what, say, covering fire, being ready to leg it at a moment's notice vs. going all in, utilizing a smoke grenade, being hit by a flashbang and so forth do. Utility items and such need more love in that department.

Also I don't really like the idea of mastering kung fu and deflecting bullets with that (no more than I do a psychic with an unbeatable psychic shield), and I expect if you add traits there's likely to be a lot of crap like that in there.

b) deflecting ranged attacks with melee weapons is just silly. Deflecting melee attacks with melee weapons makes more sense.

You could add something like a full defense action instead of a trait like this, basically a "cower and try not to die" action. Maybe something like allowing a Dex roll to dodge most any sources of harm that you could dodge, even if they technically hit you from the Strength roll.

You gotta deflect ranged attacks with ranges weapons.

Seems plausible.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31690 on: July 14, 2016, 12:03:48 pm »

I was looking for the scene in the 1994 movie "The Shadow" where Alec Baldwin and John Lone shoot at each other and the bullets hit. But I didn't find it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31691 on: July 14, 2016, 12:17:25 pm »

If you guys have any ideas for items you want to see added, please say so.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31692 on: July 14, 2016, 12:32:37 pm »

LSD?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31693 on: July 14, 2016, 12:56:10 pm »

LSD?
Only if we can weaponize it.

I, personally, wouldn't mind seeing a flame thrower. Nothing says "oops" like well-done team-mate.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31694 on: July 14, 2016, 12:59:09 pm »

LSD?
Only if we can weaponize it.
Don't worry nature always finds a way.
Such as rectal seeking needle missiles to inject it into them.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 2111 2112 [2113] 2114 2115 ... 2205