Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2077 2078 [2079] 2080 2081 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2476231 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31170 on: June 03, 2016, 03:03:57 pm »

We know, just kidding around as well, admittedly at your expense. But don't worry, I'm sure they'll give you a onesie at least before showing you into the warm loving embrace of hard vacuum.
Okay, fair enough. Guess after all I've done I deserve to get tossed around a bit.
Someday, someday my Alot Herd.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31171 on: June 03, 2016, 03:28:35 pm »

Why clone him? Just replicate the original creative process. Go to the gym and bag yourself on the gym equipment until you vomit alot.

Do this 25 times.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31172 on: June 03, 2016, 03:33:54 pm »

Why clone him? Just replicate the original creative process. Go to the gym and bag yourself on the gym equipment until you vomit alot.

Do this 25 times.
heheheheh eventualy...I'll make this my last action in ER.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31173 on: June 03, 2016, 04:11:12 pm »

@Corsair: I'll purchase the PAWN for 3 tokens.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31174 on: June 03, 2016, 04:27:12 pm »

NAV, why do you need 2 assaultsuits?
One wheel short of a wagon

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #31175 on: June 03, 2016, 05:20:29 pm »

@Corsair: I'll purchase the PAWN for 3 tokens.
Deal
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #31176 on: June 03, 2016, 06:13:23 pm »

I'll be on TF2 for a while if anyone wants to join
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31177 on: June 03, 2016, 06:30:33 pm »

Cool.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31178 on: June 03, 2016, 06:32:46 pm »

@Corsair: The Armory's description got me confused, though. Does it come with a magazine or not?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #31179 on: June 03, 2016, 08:08:28 pm »

@Corsair: The Armory's description got me confused, though. Does it come with a magazine or not?

Mine has the ClF3 magazine whether it is supposed to would be down to emp, although his did so probably.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31180 on: June 04, 2016, 05:52:57 am »

Sell Mk3a to armoury for 4 token unless someone ninja's in with a "buy Konrad's mk3a for 4 token" post, once complete put 30 tokens down on that sweet sweet aow robutt, equipped with avatarised PSL in one slot and a avatarised drone pallet/swarm in remaining slots. Get equipped and ship to M28

If pw makes you go through first contact and rolls for it, I could advise getting a will stimm to decrease the chances of shit going badly.

NAV, why do you need 2 assaultsuits?

To combine with the 1 he already had to make glorious triple threat Robutt Zord Overlord.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #31181 on: June 04, 2016, 05:53:47 am »

Nah, that won't work. The mind control gun wipes the consciousness of the target.
I could see it being the case though that it takes over the 'central CPU' while leaving its databanks unmolested, allowing us to tap into them. I don't think we've ever seen the armory version in action though, so I couldn't say for sure either way.
Like I said, if I can shoot a robot, then I can just capture it with the containment field and/or cripple it and then perform some on-site surgery. Then we can all use our combined handiwork and aux to disassemble it X-com style and get any info we can from it. Milno could also use his gauntlet on it, but if that thing is connected to an angry alien gangster computer god, then that might end badly for him.

Plus, NPCs are notoriously easy to kill. And for all we know it might not even work. And Pancaek can always just mind control the biggest bot we find while my containment gun and his Ids hold the bot down.

If nobody's willing to help, I'll just go with my original plan of arranger and a bunch of fun black rounds, maybe a Reset to undo a shot or two, if I can afford it.
Or a gauss cannon filled with grav-shells, if anyone is willing to give me 3 tokens, that could also work.
Perhaps, but having more allies on your side when outnumbered is always a good thing, even if Pan manages to take over a local robutt to rub his business in.
That depends on what kind of allies they are. If the bots prefer quantity over quality, then it might not be that useful. But hey, if you really really must have an alien robot pet, I could go for a spread. I could use my funds to go with the blackshot round plan and have the teamfund buy me a mind control gun. It would cost the exact same amount of money as a fission instigator and I might be able to get the results of a fission instigator with the right amount of blackshots. Hm... I'll actually ask that too.

Anyways, we now have 16 tokens in fund and few other takers (bar Aoshi), and probably about 10 more if I get around to collecting and reselling the stuff loaned out for the previous mission (forgot all about those. We even have 2 gunnerbots we can take along if we want to). So unless you change your mind or others crop up needing tokens more I think the 9 token loan could be approved. On two conditions though: check with pw if the automanip will work as expected in that universe (it should, but still, for 20 tokens we should double check) and you pinkie promise not to blow everyone up. Deal?
Hey, come on, when was the last time I blew everyone up?
Isn't that more Pancaek's thing?

Besides, if I wanted to kill everyone, then I'd just take a mind control blackshot, wait until you're all in a tight corridor, shoot you with it and then order you to kill yourselves. Possibly via manipulator overload or anything similar I could find, to ensure maximum murder-death-kill.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31182 on: June 04, 2016, 06:53:53 am »

Like I said, if I can shoot a robot, then I can just capture it with the containment field and/or cripple it and then perform some on-site surgery. Then we can all use our combined handiwork and aux to disassemble it X-com style and get any info we can from it. Milno could also use his gauntlet on it, but if that thing is connected to an angry alien gangster computer god, then that might end badly for him.
Sure, there might be other (maybe even better!) ways to do it as well, but that doesn't influence whether or not this way could work. And if it does, it might be a tad less, ah, troublesome way of doing it (even though murder robot rodeo sounds hilarious).

That depends on what kind of allies they are. If the bots prefer quantity over quality, then it might not be that useful.
True, but even then there could be good uses for a robutt minion, from improbable (impersonating a native robot to fool the security system or guards) to mundane (extra set of eyes, little bit more firepower) to what we'll probably end up using it for (using as meatshield or distraction when we need to get the hell out of there).

But hey, if you really really must have an alien robot pet, I could go for a spread. I could use my funds to go with the blackshot round plan and have the teamfund buy me a mind control gun. It would cost the exact same amount of money as a fission instigator and I might be able to get the results of a fission instigator with the right amount of blackshots. Hm... I'll actually ask that too.
Eh, it was just an idea of an alternative way to spend the tokens, if I absolutely wanted to have one I'd probably just buy that gun myself.
Either way is fine by me honestly, work it out and let me know and I'll run it through.

Besides, if I wanted to kill everyone, then I'd just take a mind control blackshot, wait until you're all in a tight corridor, shoot you with it and then order you to kill yourselves. Possibly via manipulator overload or anything similar I could find, to ensure maximum murder-death-kill.

Hah, yeah it is, but don't mention it or he'll get all that salt in his mask.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31183 on: June 04, 2016, 07:01:21 am »

*eye-twitching intensifies*
I don't remember blowing anyone up, I've got a fairly clean track record for an exo user. If you're talking about the nuke-door I refuse to take any blame for that, because it was bullshit.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31184 on: June 04, 2016, 07:05:24 am »

Excellent timing Pan, these fries here taste a little bland :P

(Even though you're right, of course.)

Pages: 1 ... 2077 2078 [2079] 2080 2081 ... 2205