Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2076 2077 [2078] 2079 2080 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2481998 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31155 on: June 02, 2016, 08:46:23 pm »

Around 4ish missions I would guess for vet status
That's what my uber fight program has vets set to.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #31156 on: June 02, 2016, 10:30:15 pm »

Do either of the team fund's (or anyone else for that matter) want to buy some old 1/2 thick-milnoplate for two tokens?

It is very effective at preventing one's brain being crushed by angry haebi floors.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31157 on: June 02, 2016, 11:53:57 pm »

I just noticed the mission post, I've had a busy day. I'll finalize my purchases and post tomorrow.

@Corsair: How much are you selling the PAWN for? I was interested in purchasing one so yours would work.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31158 on: June 03, 2016, 03:16:51 am »

I just noticed the mission post, I've had a busy day. I'll finalize my purchases and post tomorrow.

@Corsair: How much are you selling the PAWN for? I was interested in purchasing one so yours would work.

I was selling it for 3 but 4 would make my finances easier because the mk1 milnoplate is only worth 1 to the armoury and overall to get the 30 tokens I need I would have to at armoury prices sell the 5sec reset I have which I would prefer not to, so if you are willing to chuck in an extra token that would be grand, unimportant got the extra token so can sell for 3. if not I prefer selling to players over the blackhole that is the armoury anyway.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 08:55:15 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #31159 on: June 03, 2016, 04:01:51 am »

Are all of your gear for sale? Because I might be interested.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31160 on: June 03, 2016, 05:02:22 am »

Do either of the team fund's (or anyone else for that matter) want to buy some old 1/2 thick-milnoplate for two tokens?
It is very effective at preventing one's brain being crushed by angry haebi floors.

What pieces are you selling? Could have the team fund buy it over and put on the market place (not that that will matter anymore) if you're not marking it up ridiculously. Wiki says 'full layer', not sure what it means by that.

Also, paris, can I assume you changed your mind and aren't interested anymore in the instigator, or did you just miss my earlier post on that?
(Still think it wouldn't be the most efficient use of tokens, mind you, but we have more funds in team fund than I thought, and we're close to the end of the game anyway.)

Oh, and in general: if anyone wanted to request any mission gear from the team fund, better get to it quickly before missions start.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31161 on: June 03, 2016, 05:07:04 am »

Are all of your gear for sale? Because I might be interested.

Yep, bar the integrated 5-second reset and the aimbot which I am not allowed to sell. So prices are:
Mk3-a w full camera suite for all your imaging needs: 4-5 token
Mk1 1/2 Thickness Milnoplate: 2-3 token
PAWN-SFE and unspecified number of ClF3 rounds: 3-4 token (Caellath has first dibs right now)
Nightstick, Reinforced Shield & Bulletproof vest: ? token [got em for free m14]   

What pieces are you selling? Could have the team fund buy it over and put on the market place (not that that will matter anymore) if you're not marking it up ridiculously. Wiki says 'full layer', not sure what it means by that.

Also, paris, can I assume you changed your mind and aren't interested anymore in the instigator, or did you just miss my earlier post on that?
(Still think it wouldn't be the most efficient use of tokens, mind you, but we have more funds in team fund than I thought, and we're close to the end of the game anyway.)

Oh, and in general: if anyone wanted to request any mission gear from the team fund, better get to it quickly before missions start.

Whole set will protect one newbie from most forms of serious damage (it blunted a haebi slash attack that cut a guy in half)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #31162 on: June 03, 2016, 06:58:10 am »

@RC: Which post do you mean? I think I missed it. And sure, I'd love to have a portable overload... Assuming manipulators work there. Did they ever test that?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31163 on: June 03, 2016, 07:08:19 am »

It might be because I had to edit in the response later to prevent double posting, I'll copy-paste the relevant part:

Nah, that won't work. The mind control gun wipes the consciousness of the target.
I could see it being the case though that it takes over the 'central CPU' while leaving its databanks unmolested, allowing us to tap into them. I don't think we've ever seen the armory version in action though, so I couldn't say for sure either way.

Plus, NPCs are notoriously easy to kill. And for all we know it might not even work. And Pancaek can always just mind control the biggest bot we find while my containment gun and his Ids hold the bot down.
If nobody's willing to help, I'll just go with my original plan of arranger and a bunch of fun black rounds, maybe a Reset to undo a shot or two, if I can afford it.
Or a gauss cannon filled with grav-shells, if anyone is willing to give me 3 tokens, that could also work.
Perhaps, but having more allies on your side when outnumbered is always a good thing, even if Pan manages to take over a local robutt to rub his business in.

Anyways, we now have 16 tokens in fund and few other takers (bar Aoshi), and probably about 10 more if I get around to collecting and reselling the stuff loaned out for the previous mission (forgot all about those. We even have 2 gunnerbots we can take along if we want to). So unless you change your mind or others crop up needing tokens more I think the 9 token loan could be approved. On two conditions though: check with pw if the automanip will work as expected in that universe (it should, but still, for 20 tokens we should double check) and you pinkie promise not to blow everyone up. Deal?

When I asked pw about the avatar (and whether I'd have to look into getting a new suit for the last mission), he said that it should work, though that there could be sort of 'danger' in taking the avatar in there. For the universal manip, he said that it should also work, and that it didn't increase the chance for 'bad stuff' to happen, but that if it did happen that the consequences would be worse. Which is why I got rid of the universal manip despite it having served me so well for so long.

All that said, it would still be a good idea to double-check with pw if the automanip will work or if the reason he lets the avatar function is because he didn't feel like hashing out 50+ tokens worth of replacement suit for like 1 mission (neither did I, by the way).

Whole set will protect one newbie from most forms of serious damage (it blunted a haebi slash attack that cut a guy in half)
Newbies will be getting their stuff from Hep, and I doubt anyone on vet or supervet team really has a use for it. Still, the team fund could buy the armor for 2 tokens, better than to let the tokens go to waste, so to speak.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 07:11:08 am by Radio Controlled »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31164 on: June 03, 2016, 08:31:15 am »

Newbies will be getting their stuff from Hep, and I doubt anyone on vet or supervet team really has a use for it. Still, the team fund could buy the armor for 2 tokens, better than to let the tokens go to waste, so to speak.

Done deal, Ill update my sheet and the team fund.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31165 on: June 03, 2016, 08:35:00 am »

Oooh, We're getting our stiff from heph? I demand one cloning equipement and enough gauss cannons to equipe 25 dracos
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31166 on: June 03, 2016, 02:53:12 pm »

Oooh, We're getting our stiff from heph? I demand one cloning equipement and enough gauss cannons to equipe 25 dracos

I think you'd get as far as "I dema-" before an heavy robutt inexplicably appearing out of nowhere grabs you and shoves you into the new dimension face-first and butt naked. At least you'll have draco to protect your decency.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #31167 on: June 03, 2016, 02:56:29 pm »

I think he'd be thrown into the middle of space, possibly near a black hole as well. But, either way, pick your death sentence.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31168 on: June 03, 2016, 02:58:53 pm »

jeeze people can't get a joke here.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31169 on: June 03, 2016, 03:00:55 pm »

We know, just kidding around as well, admittedly at your expense. But don't worry, I'm sure they'll give you a onesie at least before showing you into the warm loving embrace of hard vacuum.

Pages: 1 ... 2076 2077 [2078] 2079 2080 ... 2205