Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2063 2064 [2065] 2066 2067 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484077 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #30960 on: May 27, 2016, 07:05:37 pm »

STAN-9 SURVIVORS UNITE! JOIN ME IN MY FORAY INTO THE ORGY-VERSE... IN A COMPLETELY PLATONIC WAY I MEAN
Do I technically count as a survivor? :P
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30961 on: May 27, 2016, 07:07:45 pm »

Do you guys remember the ways in which people broke the game in Perplexicon?
Well, transformations were pretty damn potent. As were stat-enhancement words.
Being able to generate ranged weapons that generated their own ammo on firing relegated ammo spells to more specialized purposes. Not sure if that counts as breaking the system though.
A lot of the enemies looked like they are vulnerable to the usual repertoire of Cainthalsaz Rothcaltal or some other kind of beam.
It may have theoretically been possible to prefabricated a massive quantity of World Creation Circles which had Activation Permission granted by all except one caster, and then have that caster use them in battle as magical murder bombs.
Most spells could be pre-prepared as equipment with spell attacks (like that greatbow that fired gearswords, and that mortar that fired physics dust) which means that as long as you had someone like Silica who just sat there manufacturing weapons, their allies wouldn't need to worry as much about their potency stat.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30962 on: May 27, 2016, 07:08:08 pm »

Nope, you died. You count as a STAN-9 victim though

Jokes aside, Vincent doesn't know much about Xan, so he wouldn't realize Xan is the same mind as the one that was a part of Stan, so if you wanted to join his crew, he wouldn't object. Combat is a last resort with my crew though
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:11:25 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #30963 on: May 27, 2016, 07:12:49 pm »

Nope, you died. You count as a STAN-9 victim though

Jokes aside, Vincent doesn't know much about Xan, so he wouldn't realize Xan is the same mind as the one that was a part of Stan, so if you wanted to join his crew, he wouldn't object. Combat is a last resort with my crew though
Can I join once my deep infermary looting is done?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #30964 on: May 27, 2016, 07:24:03 pm »

Buffing Speed could make one nigh-invincible to nearly everything.  Saying the Other's name would change all your -1s to +1s, and wouldn't kill an otherwise uncorrupted character.  "Control X" items were ubiquitous, and very powerful, due to will enabling attacks, defenses, healing, and utility, all of which would use will.

Beyond those, no, I can't remember anything which was definitely broken.  Full-body material spells prevented you from storing tattoo spells, and were less effective than full armor, with the only advantage being excessive cheapness.  Items which could generate magical effects beyond "control" would have been pretty powerful, but almost nobody used any, and those we did use were weak, like Emp's projectile weapons.  Mind Control was effective in the one instance Toaster used it... but it wasn't really done beyond the black hole incident.  Full body stat buffs were fairly powerful, but not excessively so, only being +1 bonuses.

Perplexicon wasn't all that broken, actually.  Yes, there were a thousand overpowered spells, but everything was OP so nothing was really broken.  Only speed and control items were "I win" buttons, and even then they were quite counterable.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30965 on: May 27, 2016, 07:25:29 pm »

I feel like Orgy verse is what would happen if the altered wars never occured
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #30966 on: May 27, 2016, 07:31:32 pm »

it is (probably) not. the civilization there is "not human."

" Initial scans and data indicate that there is wide spread colonization, perhaps even greater in scope and number than mankind's dominion before the altered wars. But this is just an initial scan using intercepted signals and various other data gathering.  Whatever they are, they're advanced, wide spread and not human. "

Though it's certainly possible that humanity could have either created it's own oppressor race, or met something else more sinister. IDK.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30967 on: May 27, 2016, 07:36:18 pm »

" Initial scans and data indicate that there is wide spread colonization, perhaps even greater in scope and number than mankind's dominion before the altered wars. But this is just an initial scan using intercepted signals and various other data gathering.  Whatever they are, they're advanced, wide spread and not human. "

Though it's certainly possible that humanity could have either created it's own oppressor race, or met something else more sinister. IDK.
Well, based on the not-death star, I think that with out the altered wars causing humanity to become well armed and highly militristic along with altered causing lot's of non human damage that there was no way humans would be organized enough nor armed enough to stop any xenos species.  As such humanity was left hopelessly out matched and got made in to a brainless slave race to be fitted like sods from wh40k. That or we were just confined to a solar system to slowly die out as brainless beings.

That also did not specify it was soecificaly non human, perhaps people grew even more advanced with out the altered wars and when one group rebelled it was confined to a solar system. Heck it could be an example of what silent worlds were like before their inhabitants dissapeared. It could also be a whole race of xans.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:38:37 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30968 on: May 27, 2016, 08:10:49 pm »

It seems I jumped the gun spaz, you probably have time
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30969 on: May 27, 2016, 09:31:21 pm »

I don't see why we try to comunicate to them at first then try and warn them that if they don't negotiate we'll infect them with Interuniversal STD'S
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #30970 on: May 27, 2016, 09:38:41 pm »

I .... I'm so frustrated right now.

Well, based on the not-death star, I think that with out the altered wars causing humanity to become well armed and highly militristic along with altered causing lot's of non human damage that there was no way humans would be organized enough nor armed enough to stop any xenos species.  As such humanity was left hopelessly out matched and got made in to a brainless slave race to be fitted like sods from wh40k. That or we were just confined to a solar system to slowly die out as brainless beings.

That also did not specify it was soecificaly non human, perhaps people grew even more advanced with out the altered wars and when one group rebelled it was confined to a solar system. Heck it could be an example of what silent worlds were like before their inhabitants dissapeared. It could also be a whole race of xans.
I suppose, technically, transhuman could be considered not human. but I am pretty sure, in the context, that not human meant not of recognizable human origin. Note that we were basing our findings on scans, intercepted signals, and other data collection. I think we'd recognize a transhuman style situation fairly readily.

I don't think pre-altered humanity would have as much trouble with the aliens we have encountered in this universe, as you might think, especially considering that the UWM essentially banned scientific advancements. THe exception would be Haebi worlds, and those are clearly not the controlling species in Orgyverse.

Buffing Speed could make one nigh-invincible to nearly everything.  Saying the Other's name would change all your -1s to +1s, and wouldn't kill an otherwise uncorrupted character.  "Control X" items were ubiquitous, and very powerful, due to will enabling attacks, defenses, healing, and utility, all of which would use will.

Beyond those, no, I can't remember anything which was definitely broken.  Full-body material spells prevented you from storing tattoo spells, and were less effective than full armor, with the only advantage being excessive cheapness.  Items which could generate magical effects beyond "control" would have been pretty powerful, but almost nobody used any, and those we did use were weak, like Emp's projectile weapons.  Mind Control was effective in the one instance Toaster used it... but it wasn't really done beyond the black hole incident.  Full body stat buffs were fairly powerful, but not excessively so, only being +1 bonuses.

Perplexicon wasn't all that broken, actually.  Yes, there were a thousand overpowered spells, but everything was OP so nothing was really broken.  Only speed and control items were "I win" buttons, and even then they were quite counterable.
There is a difference between a PvP game in which everything the players have is overpowered, and a PvE game in which everything the players have is overpowered.

I think the general solution is for PW to say "no, you can't do that" a lot more, and to essentially nerf advancement to suit his needs. In some games, characters can advance rapidly, becoming hardly recognizable befoer long. In others, Characters are not dramatically different, even at endgame. both types can be challenging and fun, but it is harder for a game that allows rapid powerdul leveling to remain challenging without becoming ridiculous. And the seting here is different than ER - we have a single city to battle, not the entire universe and more to play in.

I don't see why we try to comunicate to them at first then try and warn them that if they don't negotiate we'll infect them with Interuniversal STD'S
We're not doing that. this is the one, absolute best universe we have found for humanity to live in. We are faced with a Galactic empire that doesn't want humanity to develop higher level brain functions. We are refugees, they are at home in a galaxy they control. we are trying to not start a war which will inevitably wipe out anything we send into their territory. And we are Not About to Drop Eldritch Nightmares Into The Universes We Are Trying To ColonizeTm

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30971 on: May 27, 2016, 09:39:46 pm »

I agree with the other two's caution. Not only is this universe relatively harmless, it supports Origin tech. Humanity could rebound to full power VERY quickly in this universe. Best to avoid messing up our beginning foothold in this universe by pissing off a significant enemy before we even have a planet

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #30972 on: May 27, 2016, 09:43:37 pm »

I agree with the other two's caution. Not only is this universe relatively harmless, it supports Origin tech. Humanity could rebound to full power VERY quickly in this universe. Best to avoid messing up our beginning foothold in this universe by pissing off a significant enemy before we even have a planet
I'm giving you a cyberhug right now. I feel like a lot of the information about OrgyVerse is misunderstood by a lot of people, and what we are trying to do is likewise. I've been trying to make it make sense, but ... it's slow going.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30973 on: May 27, 2016, 09:45:04 pm »

I do hope my incursions aren't stepping on toes. There's a reason I'm doing everything personally and from the ground - to maintain anonymity. So far the not-deathstar seems autonomous. And that is good news. But srsly, let me know if you want me to pull out. Ryan wouldn't be happy at all, but I'm comfortable pulling out.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30974 on: May 27, 2016, 09:49:42 pm »

Ryan wouldn't be happy at all, but I'm comfortable pulling out.

Out Of Context gold right here

Also Oz, rephrasing things 500 different times so that 1 of the translations sticks is one of my specialties =P

And like you said in m26, I want to do things peacefully. I WOULD like to make contact with whatever species has humans in a evolutionary lock and make peace with them if possible, but that can only happen AFTER we have a foothold in this universe, and are capable of fighting back if things go poorly
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:51:33 pm by Kedly »
Pages: 1 ... 2063 2064 [2065] 2066 2067 ... 2205